News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Robots in Disguise...

Started by Beef, July 14, 2005, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Finally gonna see it tomorrow morning.  And the rat movie.

Beefy

Wow, 10 pages and 3100 views.  *sniff*  It's the little Transformers thread that could.

Alice

No, I haven't seen any trailers for Underdog.  Though I haven't really been to many movies lately with those kinds of trailers.

ReBurn

Around here it ran ahead of Pirates and Fantastic Four. You know what other trailer ran in front of both of those movies? Hot Rod. That movie's going to be so stupid! I can't wait to see it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Boy, was some of it stupid.  And there were some lapses in logic, even within the accepted barriers of that stupidity, that were just mind boggling.  And the "pee" scene made me outright stabby.

Still...

You couldn't shellac more awesome onto that movie if you had five full cans of awesome and the world's largest paintbrush.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on July 08, 2007, 05:02:25 PM
Boy, was some of it stupid.  And there were some lapses in logic, even within the accepted barriers of that stupidity, that were just mind boggling.  And the "pee" scene made me outright stabby.

Still...

You couldn't shellac more awesome onto that movie if you had five full cans of awesome and the world's largest paintbrush.

And that paintbrush has to be able to transform into some kind of cool robot.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on July 08, 2007, 05:03:23 PM

Still...

*giggle*

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on July 08, 2007, 05:03:57 PM

Still...

*giggle*

You knew *exactly* which members of the audience were the outright fanboys when Prime said; "One shall rise, and one shall fall."  You could hear the specific geek gasps from all over the auditorium.

/gasped

Beefy

As of today it's already made back it's production budget.

It cost less than half of POTC 3, but was twice as fun and exciting.  And was a HUGE leap forward in special effects (save for a shot or two), like watching Jurassic Park the first time and realizing you're seeing something totally new.

The robots looked amazing.

And yeah, I totally wanted to but tickets to see it again immediately.  But I couldn't because we went to...

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on July 08, 2007, 05:06:09 PM
Quote from: Alice on July 08, 2007, 05:03:57 PM

Still...

*giggle*

You knew *exactly* which members of the audience were the outright fanboys when Prime said; "One shall rise, and one shall fall."  You could hear the specific geek gasps from all over the auditorium.

/gasped
Oh yeah.  When my best friend saw it and called me those were the first words out of his mouth and we sat and giggled. 

Beefy

Beefy

dots

You all know I don't geek out.

I don't.

That changed.

I saw this fucking movie twice.  Save the Michael Bay token pan over the big titty white girl when she is in danger, it was pretty much watching my childhood on steroids.

I want to see it again.
You're an asshole and I hate you.

Jessie

Did you notice how in the scene on the dam she had super cleavage that wasn't there for most of the movie? 
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

She has no ass, which equates well with her acting ability.

Beefy

I have decided that I haven't had enough empty headed spectacle in my day, so I am going to watch Bad Boys 2.

dots

Quote from: Beefy on July 08, 2007, 07:41:02 PM
I have decided that I haven't had enough empty headed spectacle in my day, so I am going to watch Bad Boys 2.
Now let's not get hasty...

Just go see Transformers again.

dots

Oh!  And more proof that I TOTALLY geeked out?

I bought a Transformers shirt and posted about it in my 365 series.

Gamplayerx

You don't look that happy about it.

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

eo000

Jessie

· Biggest first-week gross ever for a non-sequel (beating Spider-Man's $151.6 mil)
· A global box office total of $246.1 mil, when you add in the $93.6 mil Transformers earned in 23 other countries
· Biggest Tuesday gross ever ($27.9 mil), as well as the third-best Wednesday ($29.1 mil) and fifth-best Thursday ($19.2 mil)
· A super-solid $16,854 per-theater average in 4,011 venues
· A resounding CinemaScore rave of A from an audience that was two-thirds male but evenly split between young folk and old
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

And still no sequel announcement.

Bennyhana

I don't think it should get to count as a non-sequel because there was already a Transformers movie.

Beefy

Quote"Transformers," which Bay recently said cost $150 million to make, is expected to easily climb well above the $200 million mark domestically.
[/url]

Gee, you think?