News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

Robots in Disguise...

Started by Beef, July 14, 2005, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

It starts at 8pm tonight nationwide.

The teaser is "secret" in that the whole project has been kept under wraps and the teaser itself doesn't even have the name of the film on it.  I'm not sure there is a name for the film yet.  I know what the shooting title is, but I doubt they stick with it.  At any rate, those folks who have seen it are apparently all abuzz about it.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on July 02, 2007, 06:52:08 AM

The teaser is "secret" in that the whole project has been kept under wraps and the teaser itself doesn't even have the name of the film on it.  I'm not sure there is a name for the film yet.  I know what the shooting title is, but I doubt they stick with it.  At any rate, those folks who have seen it are apparently all abuzz about it.

enough with the secrecy.  it's the teaser for "breakin' 3"

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on July 02, 2007, 07:13:04 AM

But with robots.  Makes all the difference.

Alice

I bet it's a GI Joe movie.  Or Jem.  She's truly outrageous.

dazie

Quote from: dazie on June 30, 2007, 12:01:45 PM
ooo- preview!

I didn't go.  I could go today at 3 though, but I'm at work.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on July 02, 2007, 07:39:41 AM

Breakin' 3: Electronic Boogaloo

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 02, 2007, 09:31:40 AM

++

Beefy

http://www.youtube.com/v/iCYLEO9sIVQ

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on July 02, 2007, 09:39:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/v/iCYLEO9sIVQ
I never, ever get tired of that.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

Alice

Re: The Secret Teaser

It was pretty cool, though I'm a bit afraid that it's going to be a new Godzilla movie.  Which may or may not suck.  I haven't decided.  Of course, it could be just a totally new story - but it reeked of Godzilla.

eo000

Alice

This morning on the way to work, I saw a semi with a royal-blue cab.  And it made me all giddy and giggly again.  Oh... and watching this movie made me say something I *never* thought in a million years that I'd say:

I love Bumblebee.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on July 02, 2007, 11:27:34 PM

It was pretty cool, though I'm a bit afraid that it's going to be a new Godzilla movie.  Which may or may not suck.  I haven't decided.  Of course, it could be just a totally new story - but it reeked of Godzilla.

They're referring to it as "The Parasite".  But the cool thing is the whole film is supposed to be seen through the cameras of typical New Yorkers, who all record the events as they occur.  Not unlike all the people who busted out their cameras during 9/11.  I'm pretty sure that's never been done before.  And it could suck, but it also might be awesome.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on July 03, 2007, 08:39:24 AM

They're referring to it as "The Parasite".  But the cool thing is the whole film is supposed to be seen through the cameras of typical New Yorkers, who all record the events as they occur.  Not unlike all the people who busted out their cameras during 9/11.  I'm pretty sure that's never been done before.  And it could suck, but it also might be awesome.
So like Blair Witch in the Big City?

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on July 03, 2007, 08:40:50 AM

Yeah, but not sticking with the same one camera the whole time.  I'm guessing they'd have to at least choose 4 or 5 main groups of people in various parts of the city to follow around.

Alice

I will say one thing - if you're one of those people that can't let their inner child come through, don't even bother going to see this movie.  You have to be willing to turn back into your 10 year old self, playing with your Transformers.  This is no classical masterpiece.  But I can say that I have *never* in my life cheered for the good guys so hard.

I went to all first showings of the last 3 Star Wars movies, the cheering and applause was more than all 3 of those combined during The Transformers.  Anytime Optimus Prime came on screen, the audience went nuts.  Granted, 95% of the audience was around my age.  And this movie was way funnier than I expected.  Not to mention, Shia LeBeouf (sp?) did a phenomenal job.  They did the casting for that role perfectly.  I can't imagine them having found anyone better to play Sam.

/still giddy

swolt

It kills me that I couldn't see it yesterday. I won't be able to see it until tomorrow.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dazie

I could have seen it Saturday night.  Didn't.  Maybe I should have.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on July 03, 2007, 09:32:00 AM
Really?  I've heard that they kept the last reel under lock and key until yesterday so that no theaters could preview it early.

dazie

Quote from: Alice on July 03, 2007, 09:35:49 AM
Quote from: dazie on July 03, 2007, 09:32:00 AM
Really?  I've heard that they kept the last reel under lock and key until yesterday so that no theaters could preview it early.

Had to build it sometime...

Quote from: dazie on June 29, 2007, 10:53:06 PM
It's here.  :)  Still in the can, delivered as "Cobra" not Transformers.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on July 03, 2007, 08:45:05 AM
Quote from: Alice on July 03, 2007, 08:40:50 AM

Yeah, but not sticking with the same one camera the whole time.  I'm guessing they'd have to at least choose 4 or 5 main groups of people in various parts of the city to follow around.

Is this supposed to be something we recognize, because we just came from the movie, and neither of us have any idea what this is.

The movie though?  Totally effing awesome.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

My kids want to see it today, but I think we'll wait for the weekend.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on July 04, 2007, 01:00:55 PM
My kids want to see it today, but I think we'll wait for the weekend.
We went at 10:30 and it was pretty crowded.  The place was getting super busy when we left at 1.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

It's supposedly making a killing at the box office already.  Biggest Tuesday gross in history yesterday.

Quote from: Jessie on July 04, 2007, 12:17:34 PM
Is this supposed to be something we recognize, because we just came from the movie, and neither of us have any idea what this is.

Nope, something totally new.