News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

IT'S SUPERBOWL WEEKEND BABY!

Started by BigDun, February 02, 2007, 04:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2007, 08:47:53 PM
Quote from: Jessie on February 04, 2007, 08:46:39 PM
I hate thinking I might want to see a movie with Martin Lawrence in it.

I liked Nothing But Trouble.  I think Lawrence is tolerable and even fun when teamed up with the right cast and not playing the lead.

Make that Nothing to Lose.

Jessie

Yeah, Life wasn't tooooo bad.

The Career Builder ads are funny.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

That was great.  Robert Goulet, indeed.

Beefy

Beefy

Oh c'mon, the K-Fed commercial was awesome.

Beefy

Infobahn

Infobahn

I think the Letterman / Oprah commercial was a classic.

Beefy

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on February 04, 2007, 09:26:00 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on February 04, 2007, 09:23:43 PM
I think the Letterman / Oprah commercial was a classic.

I missed it  :(

It was awesome.

K Fed was awesome, too.

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Jessie

Yeah.

Kinda anticlimactic after such an exciting first half.

Infobahn

ReBurn

So that's what opening up a can of whoopass looks like.  I thought for sure that the kickoff return at the beginning of the game would set the pace, but it appears that Grossman forgot what color his jersey was.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Commercials were so so but the Snickers commercial was fantastically funny.

The game was good from a competitive standpoint though it lacked any real tension in the 4th quarter and felt anti-climactic to me.  I was happy to see Peyton win one even though I really like the Bears a lot.

Grossman looked downright awful at times.  Those wounded ducks he was chucking were just terrible and so easy to pick off.  He's lucky in the sense that he had at least 2 other really bad passes that didn't get picked by Indy. 

I know he'll get much of the blame but let's be honest, if the other team controls the clock for 2/3's of the game, you can't blame everything on the quarterback.  That vaunted Bears defense only showed its teeth a few times, mostly in the form of an Urlacher tackle at or behind the line of scrimmage. 

I was discussing with a friend how much Bob Sanders meant to the Colts because when he played, they were lights out and when he didn't, their defense was among the worst in the league.  That led me to wonder what would have become of the Bears' defense had Mike Brown (pro-bowl free safey) and Tommie Harris (pro-bowl defensive tackle) not been injured for the season all the way back in October.  Could they have made as much of a difference as Bob Sanders did for Indy, and if so, how much would that have made this game different?

PS.  I thought the MVP of the game should have been shared by the two Indy running backs.  They each had over 75 yards rushing(Rhodes with 113), Addai had 10 catches, and combined they had 40 carries for 190 yards against a good run defense.

Alice

Take your shots.

I still think we would have had a chance had Benson not gotten injured right away.  :(  My poor Cedric.

swolt

Quote from: Alice on February 04, 2007, 11:01:30 PM
Take your shots.

I still think we would have had a chance had Benson not gotten injured right away.  :(  My poor Cedric.

I agree.

Grossman needs to settle down. I think he got rushed and made some mistakes.

I'm really, really excited about next year. I think Grossman will be better and the Saints will be better and I want a rematch so bad.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on February 04, 2007, 11:01:30 PM
Take your shots.

The Bears had a good run and while today hurts, I'm sure you'll find at least a little satisfaction in the successes of this season.  Plus, Grossman can only get better with experience and that can't hurt. 

Tough day Big Al.  Now you're just like the rest of us other 31 teams waiting till next year.

Bennyhana

I don't blame Grossman for the loss.  He certainy didn't help, but the defense looked horrible.  I don't know if it was the game plan or the players or both, but it looked like they kept everyone (including linebackers) back in coverage to prevent the big play, and meanwhile got killed on running plays and short passes underneath. At some point, you HAVE to trust your cornerbacks and let your linebackers back the line.

Of course, that was my take on it which was increasingy affected by alcohol as the night wore on.

Alice

Last night my friend's dad kept pronouncing Cedric Benson's name incorrectly and I about punched him 5 times.  He kept saying "Seed-rick" instead of "Said-rick"... dunno why it was irritating me so damned much, but good lord I was about to yell at him to shut up.  I bet him not knowing how to pronounce his name is why we lost.  Yeah, that's the ticket.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx