Grumpus's Stupid Cat

Started by Gamplayerx, July 31, 2006, 07:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

I couldn't decide whether to put this in Yay! or start a new forum called "Grumpus drives me insane" - but I figured that wouldn't go over very well if he found out, so I'm putting this here.

The bedrooms in our house are very small, so I co-opted one as a dressing room.  Anyway, there's been something wrong with the door since we've lived here and it doesn't latch - which wasn't a big deal because it's a dressing room, not a bedroom and the door didn't need to be closed.  Anyway, while we were on vacation in January, the cat sitter closed the door.  Grumpus's stupid cat (I'm supposing what happened here) pushed the door open enough to get through and then somehow closed it -- now, mind you, it doesn't latch, but the stupid cat freaked and tore up the carpet and basically trapped herself in the room.  And proceeded to spend the next 24 hours using the carpet as a litter box.  Lovely thing to come home to.  We come back from vacation and can't find her.  Finally track her down in my sadly despoiled dressing room.  I steam cleaned the hell out of the carpet and braced the door open with the ironing board, so that it wouldn't happen again.

It happened again.  Stupid cat.  Best I can figure, she chased a ball into the room, batted it behind the door, wedged her way behind it and shut it.  Still, it doesn't latch, but she's STUPID!  So, she tore up the carpet around the door and peed on the floor.  I steam cleaned the hell out of it.

But, apparantly, the second episode put the carpet over the edge.  So, every once in a while, I would step into a lovely warm spot of cat pee.  The only thing worse than stepping barefoot in warm cat pee is stepping barefoot in cold cat pee.  Also, cat pee smells really, really bad.

So last weekend, I really went to town on the carpet.  Bought this industrial strength stuff that hazmat teams use to break down biohazardous waste and saturated the carpet and pad and then steam cleaned and steam cleaned and steam cleaned.  And wouldn't you know it ... the other day the damn cat got both her and my smart (but not smart enough to open a closed but unlatched door, apparantly) cat stuck in the room again. Arrrrgh!

Yesterday, Grumpus fixed the door.

Yay!

Alice

I learned a good tip - if you mix some liquid fabric softener into the steam cleaner, it helps make the carpet not do the wicking thing and makes it smell better.

Gamplayerx

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 31, 2006, 07:40:20 PM
What's the wicking thing?
Carpet fibers act like a wick of a candle.  You can clean the top, but unless you get everything down to the pad, the carpet will pull up the impurities like a wick and stains will reappear.

What was the name of the cleaner you got?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on July 31, 2006, 07:42:56 PM
Carpet fibers act like a wick of a candle.  You can clean the top, but unless you get everything down to the pad, the carpet will pull up the impurities like a wick and stains will reappear.

The biohazard stuff?  Or the steam cleaner cleaner?

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 31, 2006, 07:46:34 PM

Biohazard.

Infobahn

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on July 31, 2006, 08:08:43 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 31, 2006, 07:46:34 PM

Biohazard.
I don't think it had a brand name (I threw the bottle away, or I'd check). I got it from a biohazard clean up guy.  Came in a jug, like a bottle of bleach, and had lots of writing on it, but just usage instructions and such from what I recall.

Gamplayerx

This is a really old thread, but since I wanted to post about Grumpus's stupid cat, it'll do.  (I've since pulled up the old carpet, treated the subfloor and had new carpet installed - in case you were wondering)

Anyway, your moment of zen...

dazie

For some reason I thought your cats were black and white?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

Sort of.  She's orange and white.  Pong is black with a teeny bit of white (if he had fur, that is - stupid naked cat).

dazie

My cat Amelia (also mostly black with a bit of white) is also going naked. 

Maybe they called each other.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

p.s.  She has now fallen off of her perch twice since I took that photo.  Once forward into the chair and once backwards - a couple of foot drop to the floor.  She's back up there, though.

Gamplayerx

Funniest thing is this stupid cat really does fall off of everything, but she's now using this to her advantage.  She'll jump up on the armrest of the sofa, flop onto her back and -- oops!! -- slide down onto you so you have to catch her.

Perhaps she's not as stupid as we think.

VikingJuice

I've always wondered if we were to go pee on cats if they'd get the hint and stop peeing on our stuff.  Not that I would but you know...tit for cat.

ReBurn

How much space do you need to get dressed? I probably only use two square feet of floor space.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on January 28, 2008, 07:43:44 AM
How much space do you need to get dressed? I probably only use two square feet of floor space.
The bedrooms are very small.  Hence, only one dresser fits in there.  Grumpus's clothes take up a dresser and a closet.  So do mine (well, actually mine take up like 2 closets and a dresser).  Not to mention my shoes.  So I use one of the other bedrooms for my dresser, my closet, and a vanity table.  You got a problem with that?

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 27, 2008, 10:14:56 PM
I've always wondered if we were to go pee on cats if they'd get the hint and stop peeing on our stuff.  Not that I would but you know...tit for cat.

Someone on TF did that to his girlfriend's cat.  He put it in it's carrier and peed on it in the tub.  The cat still pissed all over his shoes and then he had all of TF after him for animal cruelty.

eo000

Quote from: Alice on January 28, 2008, 09:58:14 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 27, 2008, 10:14:56 PM

Someone on TF did that to his girlfriend's cat.  He put it in it's carrier and peed on it in the tub.  The cat still pissed all over his shoes and then he had all of TF after him for animal cruelty.
He put the crate in the tub, then peed in it, with the cat in the crate?

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on January 28, 2008, 10:03:30 AM

Yes.

My favorite part was when Jessie showed up and said, "Did you think about picking up your shoes first?  Or was your first option just to pee on the cat before it dawned on you to pick up your shoes?"  Or something to that effect.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on January 28, 2008, 10:26:45 AM
Quote from: eo000 on January 28, 2008, 10:03:30 AM

Yes.

My favorite part was when Jessie showed up and said, "Did you think about picking up your shoes first?  Or was your first option just to pee on the cat before it dawned on you to pick up your shoes?"  Or something to that effect.
Wait.  He peed on the cat?  I just knew he screamed at his girlfriend every time it happened and threw a plate of spaghetti at her, and wanted her to get rid of the cat, instead of just picking up his damn shoes.

He's a jackass, either way.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on January 28, 2008, 11:00:03 AM
Wait.  He peed on the cat?  I just knew he screamed at his girlfriend every time it happened and threw a plate of spaghetti at her, and wanted her to get rid of the cat, instead of just picking up his damn shoes.

Wasn't that the same thread?  Maybe I'm mixing the two together somehow.

ReBurn

Gosh, you have to train animals somehow.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on January 28, 2008, 11:02:47 AM
Quote from: Jessie on January 28, 2008, 11:00:03 AM

Wasn't that the same thread?  Maybe I'm mixing the two together somehow.
I don't know. I'd have been a lot madder if I knew he peed on the cat.   
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on January 28, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

I'm going to try and find that thread now.

Alice

Quote from: Alice on January 28, 2008, 11:05:23 AM
Quote from: Jessie on January 28, 2008, 11:04:17 AM

I'm going to try and find that thread now.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=3338110 - TF only.  I guess I was melding the two threads.