News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

What I had for breakfast

Started by Jessie, November 20, 2006, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

I had a Quaker oatmeal & raisin Breakfast Cookie

BigDun

I had an 8-ounce can of Mt. Dew. I love those little mini cans.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

JJ

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 12:42:21 PM
Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2006, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 12:35:43 PM
Quote from: JJ on November 21, 2006, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 10:20:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with aspartame.

Umm...and that statement is based on...?
Upon it's truth.  Why do you allege differently?

It depends upon who writes the paper.  According to the people who promote aspartame, it's as safe as can be.  According to others, it can damage your liver, cause seizures, give you methanol poisoning and kill you.
According to everything that I've read except for that stupid chain e-mail which is full of crap, it's fine.

Also, my mom was part of the research team on the clinical trials.  And she said so.

I'd suggest googling it a bit.

First of all, it doesn't exist in nature. I wonder what your body breaks it down into or if it goes straight through.

That aside, it can mess up your hormone and enzyme systems among other things, and I think it contributes to obesity, MS, and other diseases.

Do not want.

For non-sugar sweeteners, stevia is very good.

Gamplayerx

JJ

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 12:42:21 PM
Quote from: dazie on November 21, 2006, 12:41:20 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 12:35:43 PM
Quote from: JJ on November 21, 2006, 12:26:08 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 21, 2006, 10:20:41 AM
There's nothing wrong with aspartame.

Umm...and that statement is based on...?
Upon it's truth.  Why do you allege differently?

It depends upon who writes the paper.  According to the people who promote aspartame, it's as safe as can be.  According to others, it can damage your liver, cause seizures, give you methanol poisoning and kill you.
According to everything that I've read except for that stupid chain e-mail which is full of crap, it's fine.

Also, my mom was part of the research team on the clinical trials.  And she said so.

Reading that again, you rrrrreeeally ought to read more material on aspartame.

Dazie hit it: the guys that make it say it's great and they sponsor all kinds of publications that extol its wholesomeness.

Meanwhile, there are a lot of other disturbing concerns about its safety and health. There's some other sweetener where it's like sugar but with a chlorine atom...I don't thhhint (?) it's splenda but I'm not sure at the moment.

At any rate, sugars are natural and are old as the hills. There are also plant-based non-sugar sweeteners. They are as old as time itself, practically.

I tend to trust nature's work rather than some artificial unnatural chemical that was only created a relatively short time ago.

Alice

I like to snort aspartame like it's going out of style.

Jessie

I do aspartame and brown sugar speedballs.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

I take it rectally.

*clinches but cheeks*

Oh yeah!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: DownSouth on November 22, 2006, 11:28:12 AM
I take it rectally.

*clinches but cheeks*

Oh yeah!
I mix it in with the sloppy joes.

Gamplayerx

FYI:  My mother doesn't make aspartame or work for any company that does.  She was head of the biologicals department for the World Health Organization.  Prior to that, she was the chief of the adverse reactions department at the US Health and Human Services.  She's a world-renowned and respected biochemist.  So, I'm sticking with her findings.

JJ

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 22, 2006, 11:34:21 AM
FYI:  My mother doesn't make aspartame or work for any company that does.  She was head of the biologicals department for the World Health Organization.  Prior to that, she was the chief of the adverse reactions department at the US Health and Human Services.  She's a world-renowned and respected biochemist.  So, I'm sticking with her findings.

I'd need to see some publications to see what the scope of her studies with aspartame were.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: JJ on November 22, 2006, 11:40:33 AM
FYI:  My mother doesn't make aspartame or work for any company that does.  She was head of the biologicals department for the World Health Organization.  Prior to that, she was the chief of the adverse reactions department at the US Health and Human Services.  She's a world-renowned and respected biochemist.  So, I'm sticking with her findings.

I'd need to see some publications to see what the scope of her studies with aspartame were.
Why don't you pony up your credentials and we'll compare?

JJ

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 22, 2006, 11:42:18 AM
Quote from: JJ on November 22, 2006, 11:40:33 AM

Why don't you pony up your credentials and we'll compare?

I don't profess to be an expert. My only formal academic credential is a degree in chemical engineering, with focus on organic chemistry. That, and I read up a lot on natural health and food. My SO has also worked in the natural health field.

Basically from what I have gathered, aspartame is no good, and there are natural sweeteners that do the same thing.

Alice

Gamp you should continue to eat aspartame.

JJ don't.

Then whoever dies first, loses.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on November 22, 2006, 11:47:17 AM

JJ don't.

hahahahahha
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

JJ

Quote from: Alice on November 22, 2006, 11:47:17 AM

JJ don't.

NO FAIR SHE STARTED FIRST.

Uh, I mean...*sweat*

JJ

JJ

Beefy

I didn't read any links, but how it was explained to me is that our bodies break down aspartame into a couple of things, which then each get broken down into a couple more things, and so on and so forth.  And one of the things that ends up getting created/processed/broken down to inside the human body is formaldehyde.  Formaldehyde isn't really a very good thing for a live human, but the amount you end up processing from a can of soda is highly unharmful.  There is some thought, apparently, that people who consume great amounts of aspartame are at higher risks for certain conditions, such as tumors and cancer.  Those connections, though, last I read into it, weren't fully proven, only suggested.

All that said, I go with Splenda whenever the option is available.

JJ

Quote from: Beefy on November 22, 2006, 11:58:30 AM
All that said, I go with Splenda whenever the option is available.

I'd say splenda is less unnatural than aspartame.

Bennyhana

I think you're going to have to agree to disagree.

I think aspartame tastes like sweetened bear ass, and I'd rather be fat and happy than thin and a bear-ass licker.