News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Dan In Real Life

Started by VikingJuice, June 15, 2008, 02:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

What a fantastic film!!  I really enjoyed this offbeat, painful at times, sweet hearted romantic comedy.  I was shocked to enjoy it as much as I did.  This movie was poorly advertised because it was capable of so much more box office than it did.

VikingJuice

Also, very good soundtrack that I just downloaded.

There's a song in it(the movie not the soundtrack) that is a remake of the Vanity tune called Nasty Girl.  It originally aired on the radio in the early 80's and in Beverly Hills Cop in the BH strip club that Axel Foley disarmed the would be gunman.  I've been looking for it for years but never found it.  I found the CD online but only want the one song and can't find it in Mp3.  Any chance anyone has that original in Mp3 form?

Jessie

I really liked this movie.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

I just saw the beginning of Beverly Hills Cop the other day.  What an excellent opening sequence.  I don't have the mp3, though a quick internet search comes up with purportedly lots of avenues to find it.   I want to see this movie.  Haven't.  Did watch Evan Almighty last weekend. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 15, 2008, 09:12:27 PM
I just saw the beginning of Beverly Hills Cop the other day.  What an excellent opening sequence.  I don't have the mp3, though a quick internet search comes up with purportedly lots of avenues to find it.   I want to see this movie.  Haven't.  Did watch Evan Almighty last weekend. 

I searched the net endlessly (read 20 minutes) and couldn't find any viable download options.  Several sites had it to play and claimed to have it to download but then referred me to Amazon.com to buy it when in fact, amazon does NOT have it in Mp3.  iTunes was equally useless, as usual.  And Imeem referred me back to Amazon.  It was kind of like when you call the "help" department for something and they then refer you to....."the help department"

It reminded me of that bit that Robin Williams did on redundancy.  He said that in the dictionary under the word redundant, it said 'see redundant'.

dazie

Quote from: VikingJuice on June 15, 2008, 02:40:15 AM

There's a song in it(the movie not the soundtrack) that is a remake of the Vanity tune called Nasty Girl.  It originally aired on the radio in the early 80's and in Beverly Hills Cop in the BH strip club that Axel Foley disarmed the would be gunman.  I've been looking for it for years but never found it.  I found the CD online but only want the one song and can't find it in Mp3.  Any chance anyone has that original in Mp3 form?

Ck the dump and see if that's the one you wanted.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on June 15, 2008, 10:33:07 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on June 15, 2008, 02:40:15 AM

Ck the dump and see if that's the one you wanted.

You are so freakin' awesome!!!!  I'm so happy to have this song!!  Thanks.  I love this song.

Beefy

Gamplayerx

For such an attractive woman, it's amazing that she managed to have absolutely no sex appeal.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 16, 2008, 12:08:33 PM
For such an attractive woman, it's amazing that she managed to have absolutely no sex appeal.
She made Craig T. Nelson stand at attention.

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 16, 2008, 12:17:44 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 16, 2008, 12:08:33 PM
She made Craig T. Nelson stand at attention.

Aw, c'mon.  Anyone can make Craig T. Nelson stand at attention.

VikingJuice

Yeah, the rest of her catalog is just plain awful.  And as much as I loved The Last Dragon for it's fun and campiness, aside from the El DeBarge song, the soundtrack was a big load of crap.

I read later that she found God and decided to make a foray into Christian music.  None of that faired well either.  I can only imagine how bad those sounds were.