News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

So I have a date Saturday afternoon around 12:30 CST

Started by VikingJuice, December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 05:07:12 PM
The date came and went.  It was really not that big of a deal afterall.  I started making up my mind within a few minutes and then spent the next 30 or so trying to talk myself out of saying no.  In the end, my initial reaction was right.  She was very nice but just not a good fit for me.  And did I mention the girl coudl talk?  DAMN!!  My entire contribution to the lunch conversation was, uh-huh, ha ha, right....uh-huh and so on.  She talked at least 3 to 1 the volume that I did and it wasn't for lack of trying but she just kept on and on about her family.  It's funny too, she accused her last date of doing the same thing.  I guess that's ironical or something, or just hypocritical, either way, there won't be a second date with this one.

The upside is that I've been talking up two other nice girls online and may see something come of those situations.  Thanks for all the well wishes and anal advice, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Its all good.  You have to have some not so successful dates to find what you do and what you dont want in a potential mate.  Most everyone we meet shows us something about ourselves that we do or dont like and also what we do and dont want in someone else.   LIFE is fun, isnt it?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:21:07 PM
The date came and went.  It was really not that big of a deal afterall.  I started making up my mind within a few minutes and then spent the next 30 or so trying to talk myself out of saying no.  In the end, my initial reaction was right.  She was very nice but just not a good fit for me.  And did I mention the girl coudl talk?  DAMN!!  My entire contribution to the lunch conversation was, uh-huh, ha ha, right....uh-huh and so on.  She talked at least 3 to 1 the volume that I did and it wasn't for lack of trying but she just kept on and on about her family.  It's funny too, she accused her last date of doing the same thing.  I guess that's ironical or something, or just hypocritical, either way, there won't be a second date with this one.

The upside is that I've been talking up two other nice girls online and may see something come of those situations.  Thanks for all the well wishes and anal advice, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Its all good.  You have to have some not so successful dates to find what you do and what you dont want in a potential mate.  Most everyone we meet shows us something about ourselves that we do or dont like and also what we do and dont want in someone else.   LIFE is fun, isnt it?
LIFE is a great game.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry she didn't turn out to be the one, but good on you for putting yourself out there. 

DownSouth

Sorry VJ.  Good luck with the other ladies.  Set Beef up with one and go on a double date.  He loves that shit.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on January 02, 2006, 11:48:25 AM
Sorry VJ.  Good luck with the other ladies.  Set Beef up with one and go on a double date.  He loves that shit.
Give him the one you didn't like.  That's even better.

Dry then Catch

Alice

I'm sorry it didn't go the way you had hoped.

But you're a great guy & you'll find your right match.  Just be patient and hopeful... it'll happen.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 03, 2006, 10:55:18 AM
I'm sorry it didn't go the way you had hoped.

But you're a great guy & you'll find your right match.  Just be patient and hopeful... it'll happen.

cant expect to find that right person after one date.   Its a learning experience.  Take what you like and dont like about her and that will help you with the next date.  Dont try too hard through.  Putting yourself into an date too deeply can cause negative things.  Dont want to appear too needy or anything.  just be yourself.  If she cant handle that, then shes not for you.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

meredith

good luck with the next one(s?)

here's another anal tip for you:  don't use condoms pre-lubricated with spermicide.  that stuff irritates the rectum.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: hattmoward on January 03, 2006, 11:17:08 AM

here's another anal tip for you:  don't use condoms pre-lubricated with spermicide.  that stuff irritates the rectum.

bish tip or personal recipient experience?

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:41:41 AM

bish's tip and personal recipient experience.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on January 03, 2006, 11:45:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:41:41 AM

bish's tip and personal recipient experience.
ya received bish first hand eh?   i guess thats what those dark rooms at the gatherings are for.

dazie

Here's a bit of advice from a man who should know- use it next date VJ!

To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it.
~Cary Grant

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on January 03, 2006, 02:07:24 PM

To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it.
~Cary Grant

Yeah, I thought about going with I'm gay but hetero-curious.  I think I'd have to be at least two weeks more desperate.

OBB

Quote from: Vikingjuice on January 03, 2006, 06:43:18 PM

~Cary Grant

Yeah, I thought about going with I'm gay but hetero-curious.  I think I'd have to be at least two weeks more desperate.

Two weeks? I admire your patience.

Jessie

Quote from: OBB on January 03, 2006, 10:40:56 PM

~Cary Grant

Hi bob!  I'm so glad you're back.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

OBB

Quote from: Jessie on January 03, 2006, 10:44:26 PM

~Cary Grant

It's good to be here!  ;D

Mr. Ubiquity

she didnt even give you the opp to watch then huh?

ReBurn

Quote from: OBB on January 03, 2006, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 03, 2006, 10:44:26 PM

~Cary Grant

It's good to be here!  ;D

Jessie!

VikingJuice

Update: I have another date with another woman also met online.  As I mentioned before, I've been chatting this one up online for a little over a week.  Last night we talked on the phone for the first time and talked for a nice little 5 HOURS!!  Excellent conversation!  It felt like a really incredible first date over the phone.  The trouble is that I didn't go to bed till 2 last night because of being on the phone and then I was all amped up for like another hour, that made me totally worthless at work today.

I spoke with her briefly again tonight and we tentatively have a date scheduled for Friday.  She has to check her schedule to be sure-she's a nurse.  We both discussed interest in seeing the remake of The Producers so I think we might do that and grab dinner.  I know, it's cliche but honestly, dinner and a movie takes a lot of pressure off both people, plus, with a comedy, you get to laugh together and have a nice shared experience.

I like this one, she's smart, funny, and seems pretty level headed.  She totally gets my sense of humor and I feel like I get hers.  We laughed on the phone all night last night.

Beefy

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

cnamon

Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

dazie

Quote from: cnamon on January 04, 2006, 09:50:07 AM
Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

What's that from??