News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

So I have a date Saturday afternoon around 12:30 CST

Started by VikingJuice, December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Most of you won't read this tonight but will come across it tomorrow when you get up.  Just asking for happy thoughts and crossed fingers and such.  This will be my first date since summer and that one was not so great anyway.  So here's hoping for a second date if she is as fun as she seems on the phone!!
**crosses fingers**

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM
Most of you won't read this tonight but will come across it tomorrow when you get up.  Just asking for happy thoughts and crossed fingers and such.  This will be my first date since summer and that one was not so great anyway.  So here's hoping for a second date if she is as fun as she seems on the phone!!
**crosses fingers**

so she gives good phone huh???   
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Dry then Catch

Geez guys lets ask some damn questions.

where are you going?
what is she like?
how did you meet?

and so forth...

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:31:53 AM

where are you going? Rice Village area( 1/2 way point b/c she lives in NW Houston) to a restaurant called Tai Spice-very tasty
what is she like? Southern, complete with thick Mississippi accent, seems really sweet but gets to the point.  She opened up a LOT on our first conversation-I think that's good.
how did you meet? Online at Eharmony.

and so forth...

Dry then Catch

Sweet, I like to live vicariously through others.  How long did you communicate before you (i am familiar with eharmony) met up?  Many phone conversations?

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:42:22 AM
Sweet, I like to live vicariously through others.  How long did you communicate before you (i am familiar with eharmony) met up?  Many phone conversations?

We've sent emails to each other twice and talked tonight for over 2 hours.  I guess that's a sign.  She told me all about her family and everything.  I'm wondering what we'll talk about tomorrow but I'm trying really hard not to overthink things.  I'm trying to get into the frame of mind that if this is God's plan for me, it'll work just fine and if it's not, it really won't matter what I say or do.  If I can get myself to buy in to that notion, it'll take a lot of pressure off.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 01:49:56 AM

We've sent emails to each other twice and talked tonight for over 2 hours.  I guess that's a sign.  She told me all about her family and everything.  I'm wondering what we'll talk about tomorrow but I'm trying really hard not to overthink things.  I'm trying to get into the frame of mind that if this is God's plan for me, it'll work just fine and if it's not, it really won't matter what I say or do.  If I can get myself to buy in to that notion, it'll take a lot of pressure off.

That is a very good sign, that at least you can relate on a conversational level.  hey at least you are getting your $29.95's worth.   You should think of 3 things to bring up if the conversation dies.  I mean thats me, I try to avoid awkward silences as much as possible with new people.  familiar people, shiat I won't say a damn thing for a long time.  Are you going to do anything after dinner?  I'll pray for you right now man!   :angel: 

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:57:26 AM

That is a very good sign, that at least you can relate on a conversational level.  hey at least you are getting your $29.95's worth.   You should think of 3 things to bring up if the conversation dies.  I mean thats me, I try to avoid awkward silences as much as possible with new people.  familiar people, shiat I won't say a damn thing for a long time.  Are you going to do anything after dinner?  I'll pray for you right now man!   :angel: 

We're doing lunch and I printed a list of films and times for a nearby theatre if things go well. 

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 02:39:05 AM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:57:26 AM

We're doing lunch and I printed a list of films and times for a nearby theatre if things go well. 

you know what would be classy if possible.  LEGITIMATE THEATRE and or MUSICALS.  or gay i haven't quite figured it out yet. 

Gamplayerx

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 01:39:38 AM

where are you going? Rice Village area( 1/2 way point b/c she lives in NW Houston) to a restaurant called Tai Spice-very tasty
what is she like? Southern, complete with thick Mississippi accent, seems really sweet but gets to the point.  She opened up a LOT on our first conversation-I think that's good.

and so forth...

ohhh crap... Eharmony.   WHen do you make your commercial?

swolt

grats dude!

Just remember, if she has an Adam's apple, then she also has an Adam's banana....
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:12:41 AM

and so forth...

Wouldn't it be great if things got to where he did make a commercial?  Rock on, man!   :rock:

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 31, 2005, 08:25:40 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:12:41 AM

and so forth...

Wouldn't it be great if things got to where he did make a commercial?  Rock on, man!   :rock:

ONLY if he makes a plug in for Junto and the high quality chats and connections that are made.   He needs to whore us out too.

Infobahn

Just don't talk about your "Internet Friends"

(even though you met her on e-harmony)

Congrats, and good luck.

Beefy

If things aren't going well, and you know you probably won't see her again, there's no harm in asking for anal.

/good luck

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on December 31, 2005, 11:11:43 AM
If things aren't going well, and you know you probably won't see her again, there's no harm in asking for anal.

/good luck

Okay so: 

Discussion topics that are okay: Anal
Discussion topics that are NOT okay: Internet friends. 

Got it!

VikingJuice

The date came and went.  It was really not that big of a deal afterall.  I started making up my mind within a few minutes and then spent the next 30 or so trying to talk myself out of saying no.  In the end, my initial reaction was right.  She was very nice but just not a good fit for me.  And did I mention the girl coudl talk?  DAMN!!  My entire contribution to the lunch conversation was, uh-huh, ha ha, right....uh-huh and so on.  She talked at least 3 to 1 the volume that I did and it wasn't for lack of trying but she just kept on and on about her family.  It's funny too, she accused her last date of doing the same thing.  I guess that's ironical or something, or just hypocritical, either way, there won't be a second date with this one.

The upside is that I've been talking up two other nice girls online and may see something come of those situations.  Thanks for all the well wishes and anal advice, but it just wasn't in the cards.

OBB

Heh, I tell ya, some ladies can talk, that's for sure! ::)

Dry then Catch

VikingJuice