News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

So I have a date Saturday afternoon around 12:30 CST

Started by VikingJuice, December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

Most of you won't read this tonight but will come across it tomorrow when you get up.  Just asking for happy thoughts and crossed fingers and such.  This will be my first date since summer and that one was not so great anyway.  So here's hoping for a second date if she is as fun as she seems on the phone!!
**crosses fingers**

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM
Most of you won't read this tonight but will come across it tomorrow when you get up.  Just asking for happy thoughts and crossed fingers and such.  This will be my first date since summer and that one was not so great anyway.  So here's hoping for a second date if she is as fun as she seems on the phone!!
**crosses fingers**

so she gives good phone huh???   
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

ReBurn

Dry then Catch

Geez guys lets ask some damn questions.

where are you going?
what is she like?
how did you meet?

and so forth...

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:31:53 AM

where are you going? Rice Village area( 1/2 way point b/c she lives in NW Houston) to a restaurant called Tai Spice-very tasty
what is she like? Southern, complete with thick Mississippi accent, seems really sweet but gets to the point.  She opened up a LOT on our first conversation-I think that's good.
how did you meet? Online at Eharmony.

and so forth...

Dry then Catch

Sweet, I like to live vicariously through others.  How long did you communicate before you (i am familiar with eharmony) met up?  Many phone conversations?

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:42:22 AM
Sweet, I like to live vicariously through others.  How long did you communicate before you (i am familiar with eharmony) met up?  Many phone conversations?

We've sent emails to each other twice and talked tonight for over 2 hours.  I guess that's a sign.  She told me all about her family and everything.  I'm wondering what we'll talk about tomorrow but I'm trying really hard not to overthink things.  I'm trying to get into the frame of mind that if this is God's plan for me, it'll work just fine and if it's not, it really won't matter what I say or do.  If I can get myself to buy in to that notion, it'll take a lot of pressure off.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 01:49:56 AM

We've sent emails to each other twice and talked tonight for over 2 hours.  I guess that's a sign.  She told me all about her family and everything.  I'm wondering what we'll talk about tomorrow but I'm trying really hard not to overthink things.  I'm trying to get into the frame of mind that if this is God's plan for me, it'll work just fine and if it's not, it really won't matter what I say or do.  If I can get myself to buy in to that notion, it'll take a lot of pressure off.

That is a very good sign, that at least you can relate on a conversational level.  hey at least you are getting your $29.95's worth.   You should think of 3 things to bring up if the conversation dies.  I mean thats me, I try to avoid awkward silences as much as possible with new people.  familiar people, shiat I won't say a damn thing for a long time.  Are you going to do anything after dinner?  I'll pray for you right now man!   :angel: 

VikingJuice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:57:26 AM

That is a very good sign, that at least you can relate on a conversational level.  hey at least you are getting your $29.95's worth.   You should think of 3 things to bring up if the conversation dies.  I mean thats me, I try to avoid awkward silences as much as possible with new people.  familiar people, shiat I won't say a damn thing for a long time.  Are you going to do anything after dinner?  I'll pray for you right now man!   :angel: 

We're doing lunch and I printed a list of films and times for a nearby theatre if things go well. 

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 02:39:05 AM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 31, 2005, 01:57:26 AM

We're doing lunch and I printed a list of films and times for a nearby theatre if things go well. 

you know what would be classy if possible.  LEGITIMATE THEATRE and or MUSICALS.  or gay i haven't quite figured it out yet. 

Gamplayerx

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 01:39:38 AM

where are you going? Rice Village area( 1/2 way point b/c she lives in NW Houston) to a restaurant called Tai Spice-very tasty
what is she like? Southern, complete with thick Mississippi accent, seems really sweet but gets to the point.  She opened up a LOT on our first conversation-I think that's good.

and so forth...

ohhh crap... Eharmony.   WHen do you make your commercial?

swolt

grats dude!

Just remember, if she has an Adam's apple, then she also has an Adam's banana....
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:12:41 AM

and so forth...

Wouldn't it be great if things got to where he did make a commercial?  Rock on, man!   :rock:

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on December 31, 2005, 08:25:40 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:12:41 AM

and so forth...

Wouldn't it be great if things got to where he did make a commercial?  Rock on, man!   :rock:

ONLY if he makes a plug in for Junto and the high quality chats and connections that are made.   He needs to whore us out too.

Infobahn

Just don't talk about your "Internet Friends"

(even though you met her on e-harmony)

Congrats, and good luck.

Beefy

If things aren't going well, and you know you probably won't see her again, there's no harm in asking for anal.

/good luck

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on December 31, 2005, 11:11:43 AM
If things aren't going well, and you know you probably won't see her again, there's no harm in asking for anal.

/good luck

Okay so: 

Discussion topics that are okay: Anal
Discussion topics that are NOT okay: Internet friends. 

Got it!

VikingJuice

The date came and went.  It was really not that big of a deal afterall.  I started making up my mind within a few minutes and then spent the next 30 or so trying to talk myself out of saying no.  In the end, my initial reaction was right.  She was very nice but just not a good fit for me.  And did I mention the girl coudl talk?  DAMN!!  My entire contribution to the lunch conversation was, uh-huh, ha ha, right....uh-huh and so on.  She talked at least 3 to 1 the volume that I did and it wasn't for lack of trying but she just kept on and on about her family.  It's funny too, she accused her last date of doing the same thing.  I guess that's ironical or something, or just hypocritical, either way, there won't be a second date with this one.

The upside is that I've been talking up two other nice girls online and may see something come of those situations.  Thanks for all the well wishes and anal advice, but it just wasn't in the cards.

OBB

Heh, I tell ya, some ladies can talk, that's for sure! ::)

Dry then Catch

VikingJuice

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on December 31, 2005, 05:07:12 PM
The date came and went.  It was really not that big of a deal afterall.  I started making up my mind within a few minutes and then spent the next 30 or so trying to talk myself out of saying no.  In the end, my initial reaction was right.  She was very nice but just not a good fit for me.  And did I mention the girl coudl talk?  DAMN!!  My entire contribution to the lunch conversation was, uh-huh, ha ha, right....uh-huh and so on.  She talked at least 3 to 1 the volume that I did and it wasn't for lack of trying but she just kept on and on about her family.  It's funny too, she accused her last date of doing the same thing.  I guess that's ironical or something, or just hypocritical, either way, there won't be a second date with this one.

The upside is that I've been talking up two other nice girls online and may see something come of those situations.  Thanks for all the well wishes and anal advice, but it just wasn't in the cards.

Its all good.  You have to have some not so successful dates to find what you do and what you dont want in a potential mate.  Most everyone we meet shows us something about ourselves that we do or dont like and also what we do and dont want in someone else.   LIFE is fun, isnt it?

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on December 31, 2005, 08:21:07 PM

Its all good.  You have to have some not so successful dates to find what you do and what you dont want in a potential mate.  Most everyone we meet shows us something about ourselves that we do or dont like and also what we do and dont want in someone else.   LIFE is fun, isnt it?
LIFE is a great game.

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry she didn't turn out to be the one, but good on you for putting yourself out there. 

DownSouth

Sorry VJ.  Good luck with the other ladies.  Set Beef up with one and go on a double date.  He loves that shit.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

Quote from: DownSouth on January 02, 2006, 11:48:25 AM
Sorry VJ.  Good luck with the other ladies.  Set Beef up with one and go on a double date.  He loves that shit.
Give him the one you didn't like.  That's even better.

Dry then Catch

Alice

I'm sorry it didn't go the way you had hoped.

But you're a great guy & you'll find your right match.  Just be patient and hopeful... it'll happen.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 03, 2006, 10:55:18 AM
I'm sorry it didn't go the way you had hoped.

But you're a great guy & you'll find your right match.  Just be patient and hopeful... it'll happen.

cant expect to find that right person after one date.   Its a learning experience.  Take what you like and dont like about her and that will help you with the next date.  Dont try too hard through.  Putting yourself into an date too deeply can cause negative things.  Dont want to appear too needy or anything.  just be yourself.  If she cant handle that, then shes not for you.

meredith

good luck with the next one(s?)

here's another anal tip for you:  don't use condoms pre-lubricated with spermicide.  that stuff irritates the rectum.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: hattmoward on January 03, 2006, 11:17:08 AM

here's another anal tip for you:  don't use condoms pre-lubricated with spermicide.  that stuff irritates the rectum.

bish tip or personal recipient experience?

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:41:41 AM

bish's tip and personal recipient experience.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on January 03, 2006, 11:45:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 11:41:41 AM

bish's tip and personal recipient experience.
ya received bish first hand eh?   i guess thats what those dark rooms at the gatherings are for.

dazie

Here's a bit of advice from a man who should know- use it next date VJ!

To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it.
~Cary Grant

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on January 03, 2006, 02:07:24 PM

To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it.
~Cary Grant

Yeah, I thought about going with I'm gay but hetero-curious.  I think I'd have to be at least two weeks more desperate.

OBB

Quote from: Vikingjuice on January 03, 2006, 06:43:18 PM

~Cary Grant

Yeah, I thought about going with I'm gay but hetero-curious.  I think I'd have to be at least two weeks more desperate.

Two weeks? I admire your patience.

Jessie

Quote from: OBB on January 03, 2006, 10:40:56 PM

~Cary Grant

Hi bob!  I'm so glad you're back.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

OBB

Quote from: Jessie on January 03, 2006, 10:44:26 PM

~Cary Grant

It's good to be here!  ;D

Mr. Ubiquity

she didnt even give you the opp to watch then huh?

ReBurn

Quote from: OBB on January 03, 2006, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 03, 2006, 10:44:26 PM

~Cary Grant

It's good to be here!  ;D

Jessie!

VikingJuice

Update: I have another date with another woman also met online.  As I mentioned before, I've been chatting this one up online for a little over a week.  Last night we talked on the phone for the first time and talked for a nice little 5 HOURS!!  Excellent conversation!  It felt like a really incredible first date over the phone.  The trouble is that I didn't go to bed till 2 last night because of being on the phone and then I was all amped up for like another hour, that made me totally worthless at work today.

I spoke with her briefly again tonight and we tentatively have a date scheduled for Friday.  She has to check her schedule to be sure-she's a nurse.  We both discussed interest in seeing the remake of The Producers so I think we might do that and grab dinner.  I know, it's cliche but honestly, dinner and a movie takes a lot of pressure off both people, plus, with a comedy, you get to laugh together and have a nice shared experience.

I like this one, she's smart, funny, and seems pretty level headed.  She totally gets my sense of humor and I feel like I get hers.  We laughed on the phone all night last night.

Beefy

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

cnamon

Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

dazie

Quote from: cnamon on January 04, 2006, 09:50:07 AM
Alright, listen to me. You pull up right where she lives, right? Before you get outta the car, you lock both doors. Then, get outta the car, you walk over to her. You bring her over to the car. Dig out the key, put it in the lock and open the door for her. Then you let her get in. Then you close the door. Then you walk around the back of the car and look through the rear window. If she doesn't reach over and lift up that button so that you can get in: dump her.

What's that from??

cnamon

Quote from: dazie on January 04, 2006, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: cnamon on January 04, 2006, 09:50:07 AM

What's that from??
My personal pimpology book.

Really, it comes from A Bronx Tale

Mr. Ubiquity

Jessie

I love you, Dots.

We need to get together and watch that movie.

dazie

I have a question- why is this in Eating and Drinking?

Alice

Quote from: dazie on January 04, 2006, 11:05:21 AM
Because you eat and drink on a date?  Or because VJ was so excited about a date, he just hit whatever topic came first.

dazie

That makes sense.  Like topics stay on topic anyway.  *lol*

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Alice on January 04, 2006, 11:06:18 AM
Because you eat and drink on a date?  Or because VJ was so excited about a date, he just hit whatever topic came first.

OBB

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 04, 2006, 12:11:34 PM

In 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', that monkey was so excited by a bad date that he ate that he died.

Beefy

Quote from: OBB on January 04, 2006, 12:13:03 PM

In 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', that monkey was so excited by a bad date that he ate that he died.

"I am the monarch of the seeeea, I am the ruler of the..."

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on January 04, 2006, 12:16:02 PM

Asps.  Veddy dangerous.  You go first.

Didn't I post that like last week somewhere??

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on January 04, 2006, 12:51:16 PM

yes.   shoddy recycling job.

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on January 04, 2006, 12:51:16 PM

ON A MUTHA-FUCKIN' PLANE!!

meredith

VikingJuice

Update:

Had a date with the woman I spoke to on the phone for 5 hours and it went exceptionally well!!  She even suggested we have a second date.  We went to dinner and talked for hours.  Then, as we were late to our movie from talking so much, we saw The Producers.  We both loved it and laughed constantly all throughout!!  After that, we went to a place called House of Pies that is open 24-7 and we talked till 4 am(we met for dinner at 7pm).  Then when we got back to the restaurant we started at, we talked in my truck for another 40 minutes before she got out and got in her car.  There were a few very nice, sweet kisses before she left.  No Bish, I didn't mount her.

The interactioin was fantastic and she's so funny and so smart.  It's clear we both dig each other's sense of humor and seem to have a great rapport.  We've talked on the phone a couple times since but not for long periods of time because of her schedule.  We're going to try and get together sometime this week and if not then, over the weekend.

Jessie

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on January 08, 2006, 07:45:22 PM
yay for you, VJ!  pICS?

None for now.  I'll see what I can come up with when the time is right.

sapphirehart

Quote from: Vikingjuice on January 08, 2006, 07:53:19 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 08, 2006, 07:45:22 PM
yay for you, VJ!  pICS?

None for now.  I'll see what I can come up with when the time is right.

Just tell her that you have a bunch of internet friends that insist on seeing what she looks like.  I'm sure she won't think you are a freak (maybe).

Infobahn

Infobahn

dazie

Infobahn

dazie

Jessie

dazie

Infobahn

cnamon

Quote from: Infobahn on January 08, 2006, 09:22:17 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 08, 2006, 09:19:42 PM
Quote from: dazie on January 08, 2006, 08:38:33 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on January 08, 2006, 08:38:12 PM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think he's Cher.  At least on the weekends.
Damnit, I thought we were going to keep my Half-breed secret!
Well, if you stopped hanging out with Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves we wouldn't have this problem.

sapphirehart

Quote from: cnamon on January 08, 2006, 09:23:40 PM
Well, if you stopped hanging out with Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves we wouldn't have this problem.

Wonderful.....now I'm singing that song

Infobahn

Quote from: sapphirehart on January 08, 2006, 10:00:16 PM

Wonderful.....now I'm singing that song
::Evil Laugh::

Beefy

I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

>:(

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on January 09, 2006, 07:21:24 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think someone furled Beefy's brow.

cnamon

I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

Beef, If I Could Turn Back Time I would have wrote something different.

VikingJuice

Quote from: cnamon on January 09, 2006, 10:04:10 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

Beef, If I Could Turn Back Time I would have wrote something different.

If I could find a way...
I'd take back those words that were hurtin' you...

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 09, 2006, 09:07:13 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think someone furled Beefy's brow.

I don't think anyone's "furled his brow" in a long while.  For he is Lothar of the hill people, and many times he has walked alone.

Infobahn

I was not the one bringing up the Cher reference this time.

VikingJuice

I'm pretty much driving myself crazy right now.  It's 11:23 as I begin to write this and was expecting a phone call by now from my "would be" date tomorrow night.  She was off work today and tomorrow and she works nights as an ER nurse so she should have been able to answer her cell message by now.  We talked last night about getting together Wednesday night but didn't get to finish the conversation because stuff revved up at her work while we were talking.

I checked my email, nothing.  My phone.....nothing.  I feel like a big molten volcano of crazy about to erupt and can't do a thing about it.  If I call again before she returns my message, I'll be viewed as crazy, obsessive, whatever but not good.  If I don't, I just don't know.  I feel like John Farvou in Swingers where he makes the call, and then the next and the next and so on.  I'm using every ounce of restraint not to melt down into that guy.

So yeah, can't sleep despite my total fatigue and can't call her.  I soooooooo hate this damned feeling.  It wouldn't matter if I didn't like her but I sooooooo do like her.  And up to tonight, I had every indication to think she was thinking the same things.

meredith

I think it's perfectly reasonable to call in order to verify that you do, in fact, have plans.  I hate chicks who call you a stalker/psycho/marixis if you call twice.  If she is that type, then do you want to mess with her anyway?

VikingJuice

Quote from: hattmoward on January 11, 2006, 12:53:28 AM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to call in order to verify that you do, in fact, have plans.  I hate chicks who call you a stalker/psycho/marixis if you call twice.  If she is that type, then do you want to mess with her anyway?

Crisis averted!!  SHE CALLED!!  WOOOOOOO!!!

She was sick all day and has been sleeping.  Not that I'm happy she was sick but I'm happy everything is now good. 

In case you were wondering......yes......I'm a complete psycho apparently!

VikingJuice

Update:

Our date started at 7 last night and went till 8:30.....this morning.  No, we didn't have sex. We watched a movie and then talked all night long.  I called in sick, which I've been wanting to do lately anyway just to have some quiet time, and it worked out that I did it for today.  We've got tentative plans for the weekend.  Oh, and she's HAWT and has a wild side that appears to be aching to cut loose.  I might have to take one for the team.

Jessie

VikingJuice

I sent her flowers at work today.  She just started her shift at 3:00. 

Gamplayerx

VikingJuice

We had our third date tonight and she opened up about why she'd pulled back on our last date.  To give you some overall info, things went too far too quick on date #2 and while it was good at the time, we both knew that things needed to slow down(no, we didn't sleep together but that was by my choice).  It turns out, she's still pretty deep in the recovery stages from her last relationship and still interacts with the guy though I'm not exactly sure of what capacity.  That's a whole other story that I just don't want to think about for the moment because it really bothers me.  For now, we've agreed that whatever we have should proceed more slowly.  She needs time to get herself straightened out emotionally and I need to protect myself and not let too much emotion get in the way.  I don't really know how I feel about this now aside from the fact that I really like her.

She basically seemed really distracted at the beginning of our date tonight and then seemed to come around and focus back on her and I having fun and talking by the end.  She invited me to go with her to church tomorrow morning so  I agreed.  It'll be good because I've been wanting to go to this particular church anyway because I really like the preacher(Joel Osteen from Lakewood in Houston).  That and the fact that she invited me, I'll take as a good sign for now.

I'm really bothered by the whole ex-boyfriend situation.  She told me on our first date that things had concluded over 6 months ago and that there was no chance of reconcilliation but clearly she's got a lot of stuff to sort out along the way.  That clearly puts a lot of hurdles in our path and makes my situation somewhat tenuous. I guess I'm still in the game though and don't seem to be headed anywhere bad in terms of her and I so I guess I have to take it for what it is right now and that's just someone really nice to spend time with.

I hate this though because I feel like we're starting a potentially very good relationship on uneven ground.  She says she's in a good place emotionally but her comments and reactions the last few days, both in person and on the phone, are contrary to her actual emotional place.

Any advice would be welcomed, especially from the female Juntonians and anyone who's gone through anything similar.

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry, I have no helpful advice or experience to pass along except to remind you to take fun at face value. 

Infobahn

People have baggage.  Period.  You have to accept it and ride the ride as best you can.  If this is meant to be, it will happen.  The worst thing you can do right now is to stress over it.  I think that if it is going to be a continuing problem, you will know pretty quickly.

Honeybahn was married before me.  She was young, and it really screwed her up.  She didn't date anyone until me, and I had to build her confidence in herself and in men.  Good things take time.

If it doesn't work, then just walk away.  There are so many other women in this world, it isn't funny.  If this is the one, you will look back and appreciate the relationship even more.

Alice

Be careful.  You may start to head down the "comforting friend" path. 

How long ago did she get out of this relationship?  If it was within the past 3 months & she's still talking to him... I'd be very wary of that.  I don't think there's anything wrong with going out with her right now - just don't invest too much too quickly. 

There are 3 or 4 red flags in what you've said about her, but they aren't huge.  It could just be a temporary thing.  But until you get a better understanding of her & what she is really like... take it easy hun.  And don't let yourself fall into "friends" territory.

Dry then Catch

Too many questions to make a clear assesment.   "concluded over 6 months ago"
Could mean a number of things.  Last time they were a couple?    When she felt she had moved on?  They last time they were physical? 

I agree with Alice's caution.  Be strong, but don't be Joe Cryshoulders.  I wonder what was the nature of the interaction she had with him... It will speak volumes and her level of codependency.   How long were they together?   

Jessie

How many dates have you had?  2?  I say slow down, cowboy.  Just have some fun and don't worry about falling in love and crap like that.

If it happens, great.  If she's crazy, you've only known her a week, it's not a big deal.

Beefy

Quote from: Infobahn on January 15, 2006, 02:34:40 PM
People have baggage.  Period.  You have to accept it and ride the ride as best you can.

Worth repeating.  A hard lesson learned.

VikingJuice

I have only known her for about two weeks but we've been talking either online or on the phone for near a month now.  We've now had 4 dates but it feels more like 8 or 10 in terms of how much I've learned about her and the interactions we've had.

That said, clearly, there are a lot of things I know nothing about with her.  Even more things I don't know about the ex.  Yes, they ended the relationship 6 months ago.  I'm guessing that means that's when they broke up but it could mean any of the stuff Catchr mentioned too.  I'm not really sure.

I'm not throwing in the towel but have got to find a delicate way of keeping things going without leaving myself too vulnerable and knowing myself, that line will be quite fine.  I am unable to invest time in someone I don't see a future with.  I'm just not wired that way.  Unfortunately, I always overthink things too much and don't do well shutting off that part of my brain.

Jessie

Honestly, it sounds like you're getting way too involved way too fast.

Slow down a little and get to know her a little at a time.  You can talk to someone nonstop for a week, but that's just getting to know facts, and not the person as much as it seems.  It takes time to really know someone.

Just my opinion, but I suck at relationships, so I'm probably wrong.

Infobahn

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on January 16, 2006, 07:57:46 PM

Slow down a little and get to know her a little at a time.  You can talk to someone nonstop for a week, but that's just getting to know facts, and not the person as much as it seems.  It takes time to really know someone.

No, you're right.  I've gotten way too emotional way too soon.  It's a bit of an achilles heel in my love life.  I'm not going to call for a few days to kind of break things up a bit.  Not that I'm playing games but I kind of need some perspective.

Jessie

Quote from: Vikingjuice on January 16, 2006, 08:01:51 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 16, 2006, 07:57:46 PM

No, you're right.  I've gotten way too emotional way too soon.  It's a bit of an achilles heel in my love life.  I'm not going to call for a few days to kind of break things up a bit.  Not that I'm playing games but I kind of need some perspective.
I fall in love too fast, too.