News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

So I have a date Saturday afternoon around 12:30 CST

Started by VikingJuice, December 31, 2005, 12:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

cnamon

Quote from: Infobahn on January 08, 2006, 09:22:17 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 08, 2006, 09:19:42 PM
Quote from: dazie on January 08, 2006, 08:38:33 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on January 08, 2006, 08:38:12 PM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think he's Cher.  At least on the weekends.
Damnit, I thought we were going to keep my Half-breed secret!
Well, if you stopped hanging out with Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves we wouldn't have this problem.

sapphirehart

Quote from: cnamon on January 08, 2006, 09:23:40 PM
Well, if you stopped hanging out with Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves we wouldn't have this problem.

Wonderful.....now I'm singing that song

Infobahn

Quote from: sapphirehart on January 08, 2006, 10:00:16 PM

Wonderful.....now I'm singing that song
::Evil Laugh::

Beefy

I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

>:(

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on January 09, 2006, 07:21:24 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think someone furled Beefy's brow.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

Beef, If I Could Turn Back Time I would have wrote something different.

VikingJuice

Quote from: cnamon on January 09, 2006, 10:04:10 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

Beef, If I Could Turn Back Time I would have wrote something different.

If I could find a way...
I'd take back those words that were hurtin' you...

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 09, 2006, 09:07:13 AM
I got you babe.

Thanks Sonny.

I think someone furled Beefy's brow.

I don't think anyone's "furled his brow" in a long while.  For he is Lothar of the hill people, and many times he has walked alone.

Infobahn

I was not the one bringing up the Cher reference this time.

VikingJuice

I'm pretty much driving myself crazy right now.  It's 11:23 as I begin to write this and was expecting a phone call by now from my "would be" date tomorrow night.  She was off work today and tomorrow and she works nights as an ER nurse so she should have been able to answer her cell message by now.  We talked last night about getting together Wednesday night but didn't get to finish the conversation because stuff revved up at her work while we were talking.

I checked my email, nothing.  My phone.....nothing.  I feel like a big molten volcano of crazy about to erupt and can't do a thing about it.  If I call again before she returns my message, I'll be viewed as crazy, obsessive, whatever but not good.  If I don't, I just don't know.  I feel like John Farvou in Swingers where he makes the call, and then the next and the next and so on.  I'm using every ounce of restraint not to melt down into that guy.

So yeah, can't sleep despite my total fatigue and can't call her.  I soooooooo hate this damned feeling.  It wouldn't matter if I didn't like her but I sooooooo do like her.  And up to tonight, I had every indication to think she was thinking the same things.

meredith

I think it's perfectly reasonable to call in order to verify that you do, in fact, have plans.  I hate chicks who call you a stalker/psycho/marixis if you call twice.  If she is that type, then do you want to mess with her anyway?

VikingJuice

Quote from: hattmoward on January 11, 2006, 12:53:28 AM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to call in order to verify that you do, in fact, have plans.  I hate chicks who call you a stalker/psycho/marixis if you call twice.  If she is that type, then do you want to mess with her anyway?

Crisis averted!!  SHE CALLED!!  WOOOOOOO!!!

She was sick all day and has been sleeping.  Not that I'm happy she was sick but I'm happy everything is now good. 

In case you were wondering......yes......I'm a complete psycho apparently!

VikingJuice

Update:

Our date started at 7 last night and went till 8:30.....this morning.  No, we didn't have sex. We watched a movie and then talked all night long.  I called in sick, which I've been wanting to do lately anyway just to have some quiet time, and it worked out that I did it for today.  We've got tentative plans for the weekend.  Oh, and she's HAWT and has a wild side that appears to be aching to cut loose.  I might have to take one for the team.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

I sent her flowers at work today.  She just started her shift at 3:00. 

Gamplayerx

VikingJuice

We had our third date tonight and she opened up about why she'd pulled back on our last date.  To give you some overall info, things went too far too quick on date #2 and while it was good at the time, we both knew that things needed to slow down(no, we didn't sleep together but that was by my choice).  It turns out, she's still pretty deep in the recovery stages from her last relationship and still interacts with the guy though I'm not exactly sure of what capacity.  That's a whole other story that I just don't want to think about for the moment because it really bothers me.  For now, we've agreed that whatever we have should proceed more slowly.  She needs time to get herself straightened out emotionally and I need to protect myself and not let too much emotion get in the way.  I don't really know how I feel about this now aside from the fact that I really like her.

She basically seemed really distracted at the beginning of our date tonight and then seemed to come around and focus back on her and I having fun and talking by the end.  She invited me to go with her to church tomorrow morning so  I agreed.  It'll be good because I've been wanting to go to this particular church anyway because I really like the preacher(Joel Osteen from Lakewood in Houston).  That and the fact that she invited me, I'll take as a good sign for now.

I'm really bothered by the whole ex-boyfriend situation.  She told me on our first date that things had concluded over 6 months ago and that there was no chance of reconcilliation but clearly she's got a lot of stuff to sort out along the way.  That clearly puts a lot of hurdles in our path and makes my situation somewhat tenuous. I guess I'm still in the game though and don't seem to be headed anywhere bad in terms of her and I so I guess I have to take it for what it is right now and that's just someone really nice to spend time with.

I hate this though because I feel like we're starting a potentially very good relationship on uneven ground.  She says she's in a good place emotionally but her comments and reactions the last few days, both in person and on the phone, are contrary to her actual emotional place.

Any advice would be welcomed, especially from the female Juntonians and anyone who's gone through anything similar.

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry, I have no helpful advice or experience to pass along except to remind you to take fun at face value. 

Infobahn

People have baggage.  Period.  You have to accept it and ride the ride as best you can.  If this is meant to be, it will happen.  The worst thing you can do right now is to stress over it.  I think that if it is going to be a continuing problem, you will know pretty quickly.

Honeybahn was married before me.  She was young, and it really screwed her up.  She didn't date anyone until me, and I had to build her confidence in herself and in men.  Good things take time.

If it doesn't work, then just walk away.  There are so many other women in this world, it isn't funny.  If this is the one, you will look back and appreciate the relationship even more.

Alice

Be careful.  You may start to head down the "comforting friend" path. 

How long ago did she get out of this relationship?  If it was within the past 3 months & she's still talking to him... I'd be very wary of that.  I don't think there's anything wrong with going out with her right now - just don't invest too much too quickly. 

There are 3 or 4 red flags in what you've said about her, but they aren't huge.  It could just be a temporary thing.  But until you get a better understanding of her & what she is really like... take it easy hun.  And don't let yourself fall into "friends" territory.

Dry then Catch

Too many questions to make a clear assesment.   "concluded over 6 months ago"
Could mean a number of things.  Last time they were a couple?    When she felt she had moved on?  They last time they were physical? 

I agree with Alice's caution.  Be strong, but don't be Joe Cryshoulders.  I wonder what was the nature of the interaction she had with him... It will speak volumes and her level of codependency.   How long were they together?   

Jessie

How many dates have you had?  2?  I say slow down, cowboy.  Just have some fun and don't worry about falling in love and crap like that.

If it happens, great.  If she's crazy, you've only known her a week, it's not a big deal.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Infobahn on January 15, 2006, 02:34:40 PM
People have baggage.  Period.  You have to accept it and ride the ride as best you can.

Worth repeating.  A hard lesson learned.