News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

Really stupid question.

Started by Miss Molly, September 28, 2006, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Molly

I did something (no clue what) to my task bar last night that made it double in height.  Now, I can't get it to go back to normal.  I put my cursor over it where it allows me to change the height, but I can only make it taller, or make it disappear off the bottom of my screen.

WTF makes it normal?

swolt

your quick launch bar is on top of your open programs. click the dots next to the quick launch bar ... just to the left of the AIM icon. Drag it down so it is next to the open programs instead of on top of them. then you can make the taskbar normal size
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

BigDun

That could be it or you could have accidentally resized your Start bar when trying to size the bottom of a Windows application. I sometimes make my Start bar twice as big when I'm running a ridiculous number of programs at one time so I don't have itty bitty "running program" buttons on the bar. Simply grab the top of the bar and drag it down (not too far, you can make it disappear).
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

Hit the top of your monitor with one of those cartoon mallets.  That'll fix it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Listener

Quote from: BigDun on September 28, 2006, 07:34:56 PM
That could be it or you could have accidentally resized your Start bar when trying to size the bottom of a Windows application. I sometimes make my Start bar twice as big when I'm running a ridiculous number of programs at one time so I don't have itty bitty "running program" buttons on the bar. Simply grab the top of the bar and drag it down (not too far, you can make it disappear).

I have so much crap open at work that I need that I have to use a double-decker taskbar.

But yeah, what Swolt said.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 08:06:56 AM

I have so much crap open at work that I need that I have to use a double-decker taskbar.

since she won't give me props....

I was right. I helped her fix it via AIM.

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on September 29, 2006, 10:43:22 AM
Quote from: Listener on September 29, 2006, 08:06:56 AM

My suggestion wouldn't have worked at all, but I thought it was much funnier.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Miss Molly

I BOW DOWN TO YOU, MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

swolt

Quote from: Miss Molly on September 29, 2006, 08:12:10 PM

I BOW DOWN TO YOU, MY LORD AND SAVIOR.

while you're down there...