News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

I made raviolli from scratch!

Started by Bishamonten, July 06, 2005, 03:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Which given that I"m functionally retarded in the kitchen is a pretty big step.  I followed the recipe off of Good Eats from FoodNetwork and left the filling to Nesh( She chose to go with feta, spinach, and some herbs/spices, with an egg for binding ).  They turned out awesome.  Rustic style since we don't have a pasta machine and I had to hand roll them.  Fun though!   Pictures in the gallery:  Clicky

meredith

Bishamonten

Quote from: hattmoward on July 06, 2005, 03:35:48 PM
Where's the beef?

;D

Dude's probably still working for NASA.  I hear they're slave drivers.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

cnamon

Looks yummy.  I wish I felt like cooking.

Bishamonten

Quote from: cnamon on July 06, 2005, 03:48:18 PM

Watch cookin' shows.  It'll get you in the mood.

DownSouth

Looks and sounds great.  Did the feta melt alright?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 06, 2005, 03:50:20 PM

I do.  I just don't feel the need since I am cooking for one.

Bishamonten

Quote from: DownSouth on July 06, 2005, 03:50:27 PM
Looks and sounds great.  Did the feta melt alright?

Pretty much perfect what we needed.  Fresh pasta cooks in about a minute, it's nice!  We cooked it, then fried them in a wee pad of butter.  Damn they were tasty.

Bishamonten

Quote from: cnamon on July 06, 2005, 03:50:51 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on July 06, 2005, 03:50:20 PM

I do.  I just don't feel the need since I am cooking for one.

Leftovers for lunch!

ignom

I cook all the time, but cooking for one is expensive. I can spend $15 just for dinner.

I need to decide what I'm going to fix tonight.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

meredith

Cooking shows definitely get me into the mood.

Beefy

Seeing the microwave gets me in the mood.  Screw that food preparation crap.

Bish's image galleries never work for me.   :(

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on July 06, 2005, 04:00:13 PM
That's too bad, they look really delicious.  Of course, he insists on using that normal html that I keep telling him not to use because the links don't pop that way and it bugs the crap out of me having to use the back button and it's such a hassle and man I hate that Bish and I'm just ranting to rant I don't really mind all that much and holy moley there's a spider crawing across the table towards me.  Eeeeeeek!

Bishamonten

They don't work for you?  Do you get a specific error?  Is NASA cock-blocking me?!?!  ARE THEY!  GODDAMNIT!

Nishi used to not be able to see them as well, but that might just be a work thing.  If it's still down you're going to miss me posting pictures of my new desk and unveiling "The Almighty Tallest Purple"( wow, that's the perfect euphamism for cock... )

meredith

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 07, 2005, 08:37:49 AM

They don't work for you?  Do you get a specific error?  Is NASA cock-blocking me?!?!  ARE THEY!  GODDAMNIT!

Nishi used to not be able to see them as well, but that might just be a work thing.  If it's still down you're going to miss me posting pictures of my new desk and unveiling "The Almighty Tallest Purple"( wow, that's the perfect euphamism for cock... )

Do you have SSL running on that box?  Know if your ISP will allow incoming on that port?  You could have it listen on that port for regular HTTP requests, and then everybody would probably be able to connect.

ReBurn

Quote from: hattmoward on July 07, 2005, 08:52:47 AM

Do you have SSL running on that box?  Know if your ISP will allow incoming on that port?  You could have it listen on that port for regular HTTP requests, and then everybody would probably be able to connect.
Wasn't this thread about ravioli?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Quote from: hattmoward on July 07, 2005, 08:52:47 AM

Not so much of a big deal right now, since the server is still sitting at my folks house.  After next teusday I'll drag it back home as that is when they are setting up my connection.  For now... beef will have to wait.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 07, 2005, 06:49:21 AM
That's too bad, they look really delicious.  Of course, he insists on using that normal html that I keep telling him not to use because the links don't pop that way and it bugs the crap out of me having to use the back button and it's such a hassle and man I hate that Bish and I'm just ranting to rant I don't really mind all that much and holy moley there's a spider crawing across the table towards me.  Eeeeeeek!
They just bug the crap out of me because I forget that Bish's don't pop.  So I close the window.  Then I have to open a new window and get into junto again.

Thanks Bish. 

/link biologist

Bishamonten

Quote from: aliceliddell on July 07, 2005, 12:48:19 PM
They just bug the crap out of me because I forget that Bish's don't pop.  So I close the window.  Then I have to open a new window and get into junto again.

Thanks Bish. 

/link biologist

I'm a the thorn in many a side.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 07, 2005, 01:39:58 PM

Thanks Bish. 

/link biologist

Aw, c'mon man.  It's not that small.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on July 07, 2005, 01:41:25 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on July 07, 2005, 01:39:58 PM

Thanks Bish. 

/link biologist

Aw, c'mon man.  It's not that small.

small and sneaky.  Like a midget ninja with rollerskates.