Main Menu

MP3 Players

Started by cnamon, June 15, 2006, 11:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 15, 2006, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on June 15, 2006, 02:29:22 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 15, 2006, 02:25:06 PM
You know, the shuffles are really cheap now. 

Benny, you don't have to set it on shuffle, you can have it play in order.  Of course, it's alphabetical order, but it's not random.

See, mine cost the same and it has a screen so I can go to the song I want to listen to.  Or the artist.  Or the album.  I also have an SD card slot for expansion that the shuffle doens't have.
Mine was free.

I'd be happy with that.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 15, 2006, 02:52:41 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 15, 2006, 02:43:37 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on June 15, 2006, 02:29:22 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on June 15, 2006, 02:25:06 PM
You know, the shuffles are really cheap now. 

Benny, you don't have to set it on shuffle, you can have it play in order.  Of course, it's alphabetical order, but it's not random.

See, mine cost the same and it has a screen so I can go to the song I want to listen to.  Or the artist.  Or the album.  I also have an SD card slot for expansion that the shuffle doens't have.
Mine was free.

I'd be happy with that.
:D

VikingJuice

Just for the record, Itunes file organization method is teh ghey!!  It fucked up my entire file structure, including all my mixes because of the ridiculous defaults settings it has.  I had to mess with it for hours to get it all sorted out and then I had to re-import my entire music collection from a different drive to reset all the mess Itunes made on my machine.  Pissed me off something fierce. 

I've got all the kinks worked out-I think. 

I just bought an iPod from a friend on Tuesday night.  It was a 20 GB for about half what I was planning to pay.  I really like it and it is pretty versatile.  I also found it has a data layer that basically functions like a 1.5 GB jump drive.  You can access that feature through the drive section under My Computer.  I found some music my friend had tried to upload to the player and he put it there by mistake.  BONUS.  I got some Irish rock music that was really cool.  The crummy part is, it can't move data between the hard drive feature and the player section.

I really like iPod but their way of organizing music blows ass.

cnamon

OK...I decided on the Creative Zen 1GB player.

Where is the best place to purchase?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: cnamon on June 15, 2006, 03:27:53 PM

I would hunt for a major retailer's online store.  and see if you can google a coupon.

meredith

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=creative+zen+nano&btnG=Search

i don't see any coupons or other such deals available for it, so 64.99 seems like the best you'll see.  i hear amazon should have the 64.99 price also, and they seem a little less .. questionable .. than dealtree.com

Gamplayerx

Quote from: hatt on June 15, 2006, 05:42:06 PM
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=creative+zen+nano&btnG=Search

i don't see any coupons or other such deals available for it, so 64.99 seems like the best you'll see.  i hear amazon should have the 64.99 price also, and they seem a little less .. questionable .. than dealtree.com
I've found amazon very questionable of late.  Last week, they sent an e-card from me to my mom.  A birthday e-card.  A birthday e-card from October.  Of 2004.  I contacted customer support and they helpfully cancelled my order.  They haven't yet sent her the gift certificate I bought her for Mother's Day. 

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 15, 2006, 12:37:34 PM
Slight derail:

do any of you guys know of a program that can trick your ipod/itunes to downloading onto a new computer?

I have the classic work/home computer set up and I'd like to be able to sync and transfer between the two. 

i used this a couple times and it was nice, it stripped away the encoding to make it free for all, however at the time it worked only with certain versions of itunes..   might wanna try

http://hymn-project.org/
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

janegirl987

Even though you allready decided, this is the MP3 player I have.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2155071&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

I love it, very durable, and is 512MB which is all I need.  It even has a fm tuner in it and uses 1 AA battery.
Das mag sein.

Jessie

I think that if I ever have any extra money, I might buy that same thing Dots.  Looks like a good deal.  I need to get an mp3 player now that I'm going to be doing a lot of travelling.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Quote from: Dottie Lou on June 15, 2006, 03:27:53 PM

I really like my Zen player.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!