News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Next generation gaming consoles

Started by eo000, May 19, 2005, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

xbox 360

playstation 3

nintendo revolution

Jessie

I heard they're supposed to replace PCs and eventually, all of your entertainment needs will be in one convenient box.

Oh man, I just realized that the possiblities of dirty jokes from that statement are endless.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

eo000

i like Nintendo's new hover-disk technology.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

ignom

I still have an XBox Live account I haven't used in months. I need to figure out how to cancel it. I don't even have any XBox games anymore.

Jessie

BigDun

I figured out how to hook my XBox to display on one of my computer monitors and then got a keyboard/mouse adapter so I could play FPS games the way God intended.

I haven't played with it in months.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ignom

Quote from: eissej on May 19, 2005, 08:13:57 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/accounts/manage.htm

QuoteTo cancel your Xbox Live account, please call 0800 587 1102.

I don't live in the United Kingdom.

BigDun

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:19:58 AM

Move there so you can cancel your subscription.

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:21:02 AM
Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:19:58 AM

Move there so you can cancel your subscription.

Yeah, ig, how hard was that to figure out.  Sheesh.

DownSouth

Do you think God gets them first?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

ReBurn

* ReBurninator starts saving spare change and makes room in the entertainment center.

* ReBurninator also really, really, really hopes that Xbox 360 has backwards compatability so that he can get rid of the big, black brick.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 08:37:31 AM
* ReBurninator starts saving spare change and makes room in the entertainment center.

* ReBurninator also really, really, really hopes that Xbox 360 has backwards compatability so that he can get rid of the big, black brick.
it does with most games.

BigDun

The xBox doesn't have to look like a big black brick.

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:42:07 AM

Oooh, red bricks and yellow bricks (vogon ship?) and green bricks....

I kinda wonder when I will actually invest in another console.  I currently have a 2600, a NES, a PSX, and an N64 (courtesy of Alice, I didn't buy that one).  Part of me would like to have an Xbox, but I don't tend to play games alone, and I don't have enough friends down here to play.  Whate else is the new generation of consoles supposed to do?  PVR?  If they serve other functions, it might be worth it.

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:42:07 AM

And I could put air shocks on it and make it bounce up and down while I'm playing it, too.

ignom

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 08:53:17 AM
I kinda wonder when I will actually invest in another console.  I currently have a 2600, a NES, a PSX, and an N64 (courtesy of Alice, I didn't buy that one).  Part of me would like to have an Xbox, but I don't tend to play games alone, and I don't have enough friends down here to play.  Whate else is the new generation of consoles supposed to do?  PVR?  If they serve other functions, it might be worth it.

I'll trade you my Playstation 2 for your 2600, but only if you throw in Yars Revenge.

Bennyhana

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 09:12:41 AM

I'll trade you my Playstation 2 for your 2600, but only if you throw in Yars Revenge.

I believe I do have Yars' Revenge, but I can't tlet the 2600 go.  This is going to sound really odd, but it was my grandmother's, so it has sentimental value. 

BigDun

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:14:47 AM

I believe I do have Yars' Revenge, but I can't tlet the 2600 go.  This is going to sound really odd, but it was my grandmother's, so it has sentimental value. 

I don't think anything could make me feel older than that last statement.

Jessie

I'd rather play Megamania any day.

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 09:18:24 AM

Possibly not, but You should keep in mind that it was odd for her to have one.  I'm 27, so I'm old enough to remember when Atari was THE console to have.  So don't feel bad. 

DownSouth

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:21:41 AM

Possibly not, but You should keep in mind that it was odd for her to have one.  I'm 27, so I'm old enough to remember when Atari was THE console to have.  So don't feel bad. 
Hey!  I'm 27 and I remember begging for an Atari.  Me and my sister would play games for hours on it.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on May 19, 2005, 09:24:22 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:21:41 AM

Hey!  I'm 27 and I remember begging for an Atari.  Me and my sister would play games for hours on it.

Me too, except I'm 28 and I only had a sister when me and my cousin dressed Tyler up in skirts and makeup.

Man, those were the days.

ignom

I'm 27 and I didn't get an Atari until everyone else already had an NES.

cnamon

I had an Atari when I was 3 or 4...then my dad bought us a Nintendo, but he totally took that over.

I am scared to buy him another gaming console...he would never leave the house.

cnamon

Quote from: DownSouth on May 19, 2005, 09:42:51 AM
I love the ship bathroom.  I like the other bathroom also.
Wrong thread.

Bishamonten

Nintendo better start with a better/more release of games and a network capable 'live' system( WarpPipe is okay, but it's not exactly dreamy ).

Alice

If I get any more consoles, I'll need another entertainment center.   :-\

All these better be backwards compatible.

Bennyhana

If the new generation are backwards compatible (just looking at the Nintendo one I doubt it because there's no tray to accomodate the smaller discs), I might go ahead and buy one of this generation used.  I'd imagine the market will be flooded with them.

eo000

sheesh, i already said the xbox one will be with most of it's games.

Jessie

We were always one console behind the times.

ignom

They better be backwards compatible.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on May 19, 2005, 10:13:28 AM

I've just been reading in Games Insider that Microsoft said it was too expensive and they don't think they will be.  But hopefully your info is more recent than mine.

Beefy

I think I am through with consoles.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beef on May 19, 2005, 10:19:16 AM
I think I am through with consoles.

I'm with you if they're not backwards compatible. 

eo000

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 19, 2005, 10:16:32 AM
Quote from: eo000 on May 19, 2005, 10:13:28 AM

I've just been reading in Games Insider that Microsoft said it was too expensive and they don't think they will be.  But hopefully your info is more recent than mine.
article

QuoteOne of the biggest questions left unanswered at the Xbox 360's splashy debut on MTV last week-backward compatibility with existing Xbox games-was answered, sort of, at Microsoft's E3 news conference here. Yes, Microsoft said, the most popular Xbox games will be playable on the 360. But that suggests there will be at least a few Xbox games that won't be playable, given the transition to the 360's new IBM PowerPC processor, and that could spell trouble if someone's favorite Xbox game suddenly breaks when played on the Xbox 360.

ignom

Will the XBox 180 cost half as much?

Bennyhana

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 10:33:57 AM
Will the XBox 180 cost half as much?

I think the "XBox 180" is what will happen when you walk up to it in the store and look at the price.

vampirepenguin

Looking forward to the new SexBox...OMG...hours of overpriced entertainment!! I'm gettin all squishy just thinking about it.
full of mulatto goodness since 1979!

sugar_grrl

I will buy overpriced consoles that I rarely use....and only buy for one game (see Nintendogs thread)...and I will continue to play CoH until my eyeballs burn out of their sockets...and all of my servers all filled to the brim with toons and they are all level 50!...okay...probabaly not....but I will buy the XBox 360 and the PS3 eventually...not sure about the Nintendo console....unless they find a way to hook me....which they will....almost bought the Game Cube for Donkey Conga alone....got Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 instead...great party game....how many fricken elipses can I put in this post?....a few more can't hurt....can it?....
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?

Bishamonten

Quote from: sugar_grrl on September 07, 2005, 11:59:11 PM
I will buy overpriced consoles that I rarely use....and only buy for one game (see Nintendogs thread)...and I will continue to play CoH until my eyeballs burn out of their sockets...and all of my servers all filled to the brim with toons and they are all level 50!...okay...probabaly not....but I will buy the XBox 360 and the PS3 eventually...not sure about the Nintendo console....unless they find a way to hook me....which they will....almost bought the Game Cube for Donkey Conga alone....got Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 instead...great party game....how many fricken elipses can I put in this post?....a few more can't hurt....can it?....

Guild Wars

ReBurn

I really hope that the Revolution rumor about being able to download games from Nintedo's back catalog is true.

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Bishamonten on September 09, 2005, 11:02:50 AM

Guild Wars

Hrrrrrmmmmm....do I really need to get addicted to another game?  Maybe after I level to 50 in CoH....

Beefy

Quote from: sugar_grrl on September 13, 2005, 12:47:21 PM

Guild Wars

Hrrrrrmmmmm....do I really need to get addicted to another game?  Maybe after I level to 50 in CoH....

Level 50 doesn't exist.  It's just a rumor.

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Beefy on September 13, 2005, 01:03:18 PM
Quote from: sugar_grrl on September 13, 2005, 12:47:21 PM

Guild Wars

Level 50 doesn't exist.  It's just a rumor.

Razzlefrazzinmumblemumblemumble...I mean....AAAARRRRRRRR!....getting to lvl 30 would be nice...

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on May 19, 2005, 07:10:33 AM
I heard they're supposed to replace PCs and eventually, all of your entertainment needs will be in one convenient box.

Oh man, I just realized that the possiblities of dirty jokes from that statement are endless.

I'd trade in all my other entertainment devices for one "convenient box."  ;)

ReBurn

Xbox 360 r0x0rs my b0x0rs!  Even if eo won't play with us.

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on May 14, 2006, 06:00:07 PM
Xbox 360 r0x0rs my b0x0rs!  Even if eo won't play with us.
i got final fantasy over the weekend. i've gotta work on the not showering and not leaving my basement for weeks on end bit.