News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Next generation gaming consoles

Started by eo000, May 19, 2005, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

xbox 360

playstation 3

nintendo revolution

Jessie

I heard they're supposed to replace PCs and eventually, all of your entertainment needs will be in one convenient box.

Oh man, I just realized that the possiblities of dirty jokes from that statement are endless.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

eo000

i like Nintendo's new hover-disk technology.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

ignom

I still have an XBox Live account I haven't used in months. I need to figure out how to cancel it. I don't even have any XBox games anymore.

Jessie

BigDun

I figured out how to hook my XBox to display on one of my computer monitors and then got a keyboard/mouse adapter so I could play FPS games the way God intended.

I haven't played with it in months.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ignom

Quote from: eissej on May 19, 2005, 08:13:57 AM
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/accounts/manage.htm

QuoteTo cancel your Xbox Live account, please call 0800 587 1102.

I don't live in the United Kingdom.

BigDun

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:19:58 AM

Move there so you can cancel your subscription.

Jessie

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:21:02 AM
Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 08:19:58 AM

Move there so you can cancel your subscription.

Yeah, ig, how hard was that to figure out.  Sheesh.

DownSouth

Do you think God gets them first?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

ReBurn

* ReBurninator starts saving spare change and makes room in the entertainment center.

* ReBurninator also really, really, really hopes that Xbox 360 has backwards compatability so that he can get rid of the big, black brick.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

Quote from: ReBurninator on May 19, 2005, 08:37:31 AM
* ReBurninator starts saving spare change and makes room in the entertainment center.

* ReBurninator also really, really, really hopes that Xbox 360 has backwards compatability so that he can get rid of the big, black brick.
it does with most games.

BigDun

The xBox doesn't have to look like a big black brick.

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:42:07 AM

Oooh, red bricks and yellow bricks (vogon ship?) and green bricks....

I kinda wonder when I will actually invest in another console.  I currently have a 2600, a NES, a PSX, and an N64 (courtesy of Alice, I didn't buy that one).  Part of me would like to have an Xbox, but I don't tend to play games alone, and I don't have enough friends down here to play.  Whate else is the new generation of consoles supposed to do?  PVR?  If they serve other functions, it might be worth it.

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 08:42:07 AM

And I could put air shocks on it and make it bounce up and down while I'm playing it, too.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

ignom

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 08:53:17 AM
I kinda wonder when I will actually invest in another console.  I currently have a 2600, a NES, a PSX, and an N64 (courtesy of Alice, I didn't buy that one).  Part of me would like to have an Xbox, but I don't tend to play games alone, and I don't have enough friends down here to play.  Whate else is the new generation of consoles supposed to do?  PVR?  If they serve other functions, it might be worth it.

I'll trade you my Playstation 2 for your 2600, but only if you throw in Yars Revenge.

Bennyhana

Quote from: ignom on May 19, 2005, 09:12:41 AM

I'll trade you my Playstation 2 for your 2600, but only if you throw in Yars Revenge.

I believe I do have Yars' Revenge, but I can't tlet the 2600 go.  This is going to sound really odd, but it was my grandmother's, so it has sentimental value. 

BigDun

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:14:47 AM

I believe I do have Yars' Revenge, but I can't tlet the 2600 go.  This is going to sound really odd, but it was my grandmother's, so it has sentimental value. 

I don't think anything could make me feel older than that last statement.

Jessie

I'd rather play Megamania any day.

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on May 19, 2005, 09:18:24 AM

Possibly not, but You should keep in mind that it was odd for her to have one.  I'm 27, so I'm old enough to remember when Atari was THE console to have.  So don't feel bad. 

DownSouth

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:21:41 AM

Possibly not, but You should keep in mind that it was odd for her to have one.  I'm 27, so I'm old enough to remember when Atari was THE console to have.  So don't feel bad. 
Hey!  I'm 27 and I remember begging for an Atari.  Me and my sister would play games for hours on it.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on May 19, 2005, 09:24:22 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on May 19, 2005, 09:21:41 AM

Hey!  I'm 27 and I remember begging for an Atari.  Me and my sister would play games for hours on it.

Me too, except I'm 28 and I only had a sister when me and my cousin dressed Tyler up in skirts and makeup.

Man, those were the days.