News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Christmas songs

Started by dazie, December 25, 2005, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I can take or leave most Christmas carols- but a few really get to me.  My all time favorite is "Oh Holy Night."

Our choir director sang it last night for the service, and it was absolutely beautiful.  She's developing a good strong soprano voice, so it was just, for lack of a better word, heavenly.  I sobbed through the whole thing.  (??  wtf was up with that?)

Anyway- as she started to sing, pre sobbing, I glanced at Ursus (he was a reader, so he was up front)  He pantomined Cartman getting stuck with the cattle prod.  That made me crack up.  Does anyone have that clip?

What are your favorite holiday songs?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

swolt

I love the White Cross "Little Drummer Boy"

other than that I don't really care for christmas songs.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

That song Kenny sings on the South Park Christmas album.  I believe it's called The Most Offensive Song Ever.  Or something like that.

Gamplayerx

I like Little Drummer Boy.  In small doses. 

I just chop him up in bite sized morsels.

I do like that song, though.

ignom

Fairytale of New York by The Pogues, and if I only hear it once or twice, I'll Be Home for Christmas.

I hate radio stations that think all people want to hear leading up and through Christmas are Christmas songs. I was stuck listening to the all 80s channel for the past few days just to avoid the Christmas music.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

BigDun

My wife loves the duet of Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ignom on December 25, 2005, 11:12:35 PM
I was stuck listening to the all 80s channel for the past few days just to avoid the Christmas music.
Grumpus got me this awesome MyFi XM radio thingie.  I preemptively recorded 5 hours of Fred last night so that we would have non-Christmas music to listen to during the drive time today.  It was awesome.

Quote from: BigDun on December 25, 2005, 11:14:44 PM
My wife loves the duet of Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.
Me, too.  Did you know that they wrote the David Bowie part right before air time because he didn't think the song showed off his vocal range enough?  Thank you, Pop Up Video!

Does Pop Up Video still exist?

ignom

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 25, 2005, 11:16:31 PM
I was stuck listening to the all 80s channel for the past few days just to avoid the Christmas music.
Grumpus got me this awesome MyFi XM radio thingie.  I preemptively recorded 5 hours of Fred last night so that we would have non-Christmas music to listen to during the drive time today.  It was awesome.

Fred Durst?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ignom on December 25, 2005, 11:18:27 PM
Grumpus got me this awesome MyFi XM radio thingie.  I preemptively recorded 5 hours of Fred last night so that we would have non-Christmas music to listen to during the drive time today.  It was awesome.

Fred Durst?
Yes.  Of course.  I love Fred Durst.  What a poet!  His songs move me to tears.

(Fred is the best XM channel - in case you didn't know that on top of being a smartass)

BigDun

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 25, 2005, 11:23:09 PM

Fred Durst?

(Fred is the best XM channel - in case you didn't know that on top of being a smartass)

I like the XM Cafe station.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ignom

I don't know anything about XM Radio, but we do have a station here called Earl.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: BigDun on December 25, 2005, 11:25:05 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 25, 2005, 11:23:09 PM

Fred Durst?

I like the XM Cafe station.
Me, too.  But Fred, Lucy and Ethel are my favorites. 

dazie

OH- I forgot to put this- as I was sobbing and Becca was singing, Tim leaned over and said "Did she just say something about broccoli?"

I smacked him and said "Don't be a smartass!  This isn't the time to be a smartass!"  He claims he wasn't trying to be a smartass, but that really is his style...
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

She's chopping broccoli
She's chopping broccoli
She's chop.. ooh!
She's chopping broccola-ah-ie!