News:

In spite of the cost of living, it's still quite popular.

Main Menu

The Shark

Started by Gamplayerx, April 05, 2006, 06:35:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Our iron died so Grumpus went out today to buy a replacement.  He told me he was going to get one without a steam function to save money.  I told him good luck with that.  Grumpus is so silly.

He just came home with the Shark.  It proclaims very loudly it is the "#1 MOST POWERFUL STEAM IRON!"  It actually proclaims this.  Loudly.  The box SPEAKS!  It not only speaks, it has a little video it plays.  I'm simply flabbergasted.

pumpkineye

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 05, 2006, 06:35:38 PM
Our iron died so Grumpus went out today to buy a replacement.  He told me he was going to get one without a steam function to save money.  I told him good luck with that.  Grumpus is so silly.

He just came home with the Shark.  It proclaims very loudly it is the "#1 MOST POWERFUL STEAM IRON!"  It actually proclaims this.  Loudly.  The box SPEAKS!  It not only speaks, it has a little video it plays.  I'm simply flabbergasted.

talking packaging would sort of defeat the whole money saving thing.

pumpkineye

reviews on target.com for the Shark Open Handle Iron - GI472  don't look promising for you...  (i don't know if that is the same thing that you got or not.)

QuoteI just purchased this iron today, and I am returning it back to the Target store tomorrow. It is worthless! As it is heating up the water leaks through the steam holes, even with the steam setting turned to zero.

QuoteI bought this iron, and, like the other review stated, the water leaked out of the steam holes and the bottom. I called the company and they shipped me a new iron (I paid the shipping cost) and the new one did the same thing. This is a flawed design and does not stand up to the Shark name.

I hope for your sake it's the Euro-Pro Shark Iron Model 1490

ReBurn

I've seen that iron.  Someone I work with got one as a wedding gift from the money we put in the pot.  What I want to know is who the heck took my money and bought an iron with it?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: pumpkineye on April 05, 2006, 07:23:00 PM
reviews on target.com for the Shark Open Handle Iron - GI472  don't look promising for you...  (i don't know if that is the same thing that you got or not.)

QuoteI just purchased this iron today, and I am returning it back to the Target store tomorrow. It is worthless! As it is heating up the water leaks through the steam holes, even with the steam setting turned to zero.

QuoteI bought this iron, and, like the other review stated, the water leaked out of the steam holes and the bottom. I called the company and they shipped me a new iron (I paid the shipping cost) and the new one did the same thing. This is a flawed design and does not stand up to the Shark name.

I hope for your sake it's the Euro-Pro Shark Iron Model 1490
It's the G1490.  And yeah, the talking packaging was pricey.

Bennyhana

Once you use a professional iron in a costume shop, all those consumer irons seem totally crappy.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I just have a lump of metal that we heat up on a stove.

No muss, no fuss.

I think it used to be part of Kevin DuBrow's hairpiece.

Beefy

Listener

We don't own a iron.  We probably ought to get one.  If I need something ironed, I have my wife take it to my mother-in-law (she eats dinner over there every Tuesday) and she irons it.  She also does mending, button replacement, et al.  And never complains.

Someday this is going to come back and bite me in the ass.

cnamon

DownSouth

I've got an iron somewhere.  Thank goodness for dry cleaners.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2006, 11:25:26 AM
Quote from: cnamon on April 06, 2006, 11:06:46 AM
We need a new iron.
Have you considered the Shark?

Oh, great, now the packaging isn't just talking, it's typing and signing on Junto as Gamp.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on April 06, 2006, 12:03:43 PM
We need a new iron.

Oh, great, now the packaging isn't just talking, it's typing and signing on Junto as Gamp.
:D

Grumpus took apart the box so he could take the talking thing out and tormented the cats with it.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2006, 12:08:50 PM
We need a new iron.

Grumpus took apart the box so he could take the talking thing out and tormented the cats with it.

I picture cats chained to a tiny stone wall, spread eagle, while grumpus shakes this little talking plastic box.

How accurate is that?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on April 06, 2006, 12:12:28 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2006, 12:08:50 PM
We need a new iron.

I picture cats chained to a tiny stone wall, spread eagle, while grumpus shakes this little talking plastic box.

How accurate is that?
Wow.  That's uncanny!