News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

AM2

Started by swolt, June 28, 2006, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

has anyone messed with AM2 yet? WileE and I have both been reasearching it. I just ordered $1300 worth of CPUs and motherboards.
From the reviews I've been reading a bunch of people are having problems with the AM2 socket boards not support memory over 1.95v.
I'm talking with my rep with All Components Memory now to see what he thinks is the best for AM2 use.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

I've had nothing but issues with mine... i've used 5 different kinds of memory and they still aren't compatible.  It's driving me nuts.  But I don't have the extra cash to get rid of the AM2, so I'm stuck for awhile with the shitty AM1 and like, no memory to speak of.   >:(

swolt

Quote from: Alice on June 28, 2006, 04:22:03 PM
I've had nothing but issues with mine... i've used 5 different kinds of memory and they still aren't compatible.  It's driving me nuts.  But I don't have the extra cash to get rid of the AM2, so I'm stuck for awhile with the shitty AM1 and like, no memory to speak of.   >:(

your HMO doesn't cover that?
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

Quote from: swolt on June 28, 2006, 04:46:41 PM

I have no idea what anything in this thread means.

Except HMO.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on June 28, 2006, 05:50:03 PM
Quote from: swolt on June 28, 2006, 04:46:41 PM

I have no idea what anything in this thread means.

Except HMO.

Hell Maintenence Organization?