News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Nice landlord

Started by dazie, October 28, 2007, 09:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

A month or so ago, we had a big rainstorm and our ceiling in the living room leaked a little.  About 8 drops worth I'd say.

We mentioned it to the landlord just as an FYI, and yesterday the roofers finished putting on a new roof on our house and garage. 

Not patching the hole, not hoping it would go away, but a NEW ROOF.

In the last place in Nevada, the roof leaked so badly into the master bedroom closet that I couldn't keep clothes in there, we couldn't turn on the light for fear of electrocution and it pulled all the nasty cottage cheese finish off the ceiling and it fell on the floor.  We had buckets catching the water.  The landlords (you know- the ones who sued us) kept sending a guy over who "patched" it up with I think bubblegum.

Have I mentioned how much I'm glad to be out of Nevada?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

manosax

how did that suit come out by the way. 

I need a new roof. 

dazie

We lost.  There's a thread about it here somewhere.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on October 28, 2007, 09:44:27 AM
A month or so ago, we had a big rainstorm and our ceiling in the living room leaked a little.  About 8 drops worth I'd say.

We mentioned it to the landlord just as an FYI, and yesterday the roofers finished putting on a new roof on our house and garage. 

Not patching the hole, not hoping it would go away, but a NEW ROOF.

In the last place in Nevada, the roof leaked so badly into the master bedroom closet that I couldn't keep clothes in there, we couldn't turn on the light for fear of electrocution and it pulled all the nasty cottage cheese finish off the ceiling and it fell on the floor.  We had buckets catching the water.  The landlords (you know- the ones who sued us) kept sending a guy over who "patched" it up with I think bubblegum.

Have I mentioned how much I'm glad to be out of Nevada?

Sounds like the folks that ran my apartments back in the 90's.  They were great.  I'd call in a repair or replacement of some consumable item and often, before I'd get home, the job was done!

The current group, sounds like your Nevada asswhipes.  I might call six or seven times before something gets done.  I've figured them out, I call once or twice, write the dates and times and then on the third call, I ask for the manager and explain how they once again suck but in polite terms.