News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

Go Cubbies!

Started by kelbel, April 04, 2005, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelbel

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 16, 2005, 07:50:05 PM
Quote from: kelbel on May 16, 2005, 07:45:23 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 16, 2005, 07:41:34 PM
Quote from: kelbel on May 16, 2005, 07:32:54 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 16, 2005, 07:30:07 PM
Quote from: kelbel on May 16, 2005, 07:26:20 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 16, 2005, 07:22:08 PM
Quote from: kelbel on May 16, 2005, 07:03:57 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 16, 2005, 01:40:44 PM
Quote from: eo000 on May 16, 2005, 01:39:18 PM
it's more of a mocking the cubs thread.  :evil:

Oh, carry on then.

Are you originally from Chicago?

Lived here all my life.

I just happen to be a fan of the #1 baseball team.  You know, the White Sox.   ;D

Yuck, icky, spewtey. Northside Rules.    ;)

Uh huh, you just keep telling yourself that.  :)

At least Wrigley Field does not suck. US Cellular field is just a gem.   :)

You have a point there.  But Comiskey Park was twenty times better than Wrigley.

I won't make a comment yet but is the neighborhood still as bad as it used to be? I went to Comiskey Park once and was scared out of mind getting there. I know the date was July 11 and the year was around 1983.

Oh yeah, the neighborhood is still pretty bad.

The Cubbies and Wrigley RULE!    ;D

Go Cubbies! Down with the White Sox.
:)

eo000

how did the weekend series end up?

Bennyhana

I think the cubs dropped the first two and won the third.  Yay for a full game from Mark Prior.

kelbel

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 23, 2005, 04:07:56 PM
I think the cubs dropped the first two and won the third.  Yay for a full game from Mark Prior.

Hate to say it but Mark Prior stayed in because he did not trust the bullpen. They are just sucking on getting saves.
:)

Bennyhana

Yeah,  you know he wouldn't have been out there if Dusty thought there was a really good chance the bullpen wouldn't screw it up.

dazie

Just in case we need to remember how bad it can be...here are 20 major events that have occurred since the Chicago Cubs last laid claim to a World Series championship:

1. Radio was invented. (Cubs fans get to hear their team lose)

2. TV was invented. (Cubs fans get to see their team lose)

3. Baseball added 14 teams. (Cubs fans get to see and hear their team lose to more clubs)

4. George Burns celebrated his 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays.

5. Halley's comet passed Earth - twice.

6. Harry Caray was born... and died. Incredible, but true!

7. The NBA, NHL, NFL, IHL, and ISL were formed. (Each of those Chicago teams have each won championships)

8. Man landed on the moon. (As have several home runs given up by Cubs pitchers)

9. Sixteen U.S. presidents were elected.

10. There were 11 amendments added to the Constitution.

11. Prohibition was created and repealed.

12. The Titanic was built, set sail, sank, was discovered, and became the subject of major motion pictures. The latter giving Cubs fans hope that something that finishes on the bottom can come out on top.

13. Wrigley Field was built and becomes
the oldest park in the National League.

14. Flag poles were erected on Wrigley Field roof to hold all of the team's future World Series pennants. (Those flag poles have since rusted and been taken down)

15. A combination of 40 Summer and Winter Olympic games have been held.

16. Thirteen baseball players have won the Triple Crown. (Several thanked Cubs pitchers)

17. Bell-bottoms came in style, went out of style, and came back in.

18. The Cleveland Indians, Boston Red Sox, Arizona Diamondbacks, NY Mets(2) and the Florida Marlins(2) have all won the World Series.

19. The Cubs played 14,153 regular-season games. (They lost the majority of them)

20. Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, ! Oklahoma , and New Mexico were added to the Union.

Go Cubbies!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

cnamon

It is funny because it is true.