News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

Hitting the Slopes

Started by BigDun, February 11, 2007, 07:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDun

I went skiing for the the first time. Yay! I drove 3 hours to ski for 4 hours and then drive 3 hours back home. It was totally worth it. I might go again next weekend.

Here are some pictures from my cell phone.

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

I've only been once as well, back in 1995.  Spent the whole day skiing.  Feet were wicked swollen at day's end.  Had a total blast.

Glad you had fun.  :)

VikingJuice

Skiing is fantastic.  I did it a few times back in HS and haven't gone since.  I wish I was in good enough shape physically and financially to go again.

Jessie

I would, without a doubt, pull a Sonny Bono.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

BigDun

Only the good skiers do stuff that is so dangerous it could kill you. Most of us normal folks can't actually get up enough speed to cause serious injury. Well except for the normal bone breaking, and knee tearing kind of stuff.

BigDun

In my first post, I should have said "I went skiing for the first time since I moved up north."

I have skied before.

Bennyhana

Quote from: BigDun on February 11, 2007, 09:25:41 PM
Only the good skiers do stuff that is so dangerous it could kill you. Most of us normal folks can't actually get up enough speed to cause serious injury. Well except for the normal bone breaking, and knee tearing kind of stuff.

The "C" in ACL and MCL stands for "Crucial." 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 11, 2007, 10:19:19 PM

I hope you're kidding.

Gamplayerx

Glad you have fun!  Where'd you end up going?

BigDun

Bear Creek, PA. Their website has interactive cameras you can pan and zoom: http://www.skibearcreek.com/winter/

Gamplayerx

Looks like a fairly nice place.

DownSouth

I thought that was Mt. Everest.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

AWWW!  It's so cute!

I haven't been skiing in years.  Last time was the day after one of Ursus' bigger seizures.  We made it down one run, packed up and went home.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bennyhana

Quote from: VikingJuice on February 11, 2007, 10:57:28 PM

I hope you're kidding.

Well, they're at least very important ligaments.  Which is why I don't ski.  I prefer my ligaments to remain where they are and how they are.

I wasn't kidding, but I've looked it up.  I think someone taught me wrong.  I blame any one of my gym teachers.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 12, 2007, 10:19:29 AM

I hope you're kidding.

Well, they're at least very important ligaments.  Which is why I don't ski.  I prefer my ligaments to remain where they are and how they are.

I wasn't kidding, but I've looked it up.  I think someone taught me wrong.  I blame any one of my gym teachers.
Probably Mr. Muhitch.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on February 12, 2007, 10:20:55 AM

I hope you're kidding.

Probably Mr. Muhitch.
I never had him.  I'm thinking it was either Marzullo or Miss Fischer.

Alice

Oh god.  Ms. Fischer... *shudder*

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on February 12, 2007, 10:24:21 AM
Oh god.  Ms. Fischer... *shudder*

For those of you who didn't go to our High School, Ms. Fischer looked like an old, careworn, leather bag sitting on top of Mickey Rooney's shoulders.  And she wasn't married and (I've heard) used to watch the girls change in a very creepy way.

Alice

She very much did watch us change in a creepy way.  :-\

VikingJuice

I hope you're kidding.

For those of you who didn't follow our conversation, the C in MCL, ACL, LCL and PCL is Cruciate.  Just to clear things up.

Bennyhana

Quote from: VikingJuice on February 12, 2007, 08:40:46 PM

I hope you're kidding.

For those of you who didn't follow our conversation, the C in MCL, ACL, LCL and PCL is Cruciate.  Just to clear things up.

and if you didn't follow that, "Cruciate" means "Cross shaped."  Still, those are ligaments I consider to be crucial.

And Ms. Fischer was a bitch. And Marzullo was useless.  USELESS!

BigDun

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 12, 2007, 09:02:11 PM
Quote from: VikingJuice on February 12, 2007, 08:40:46 PM

I hope you're kidding.

and if you didn't follow that, "Cruciate" means "Cross shaped."  Still, those are ligaments I consider to be crucial.

And Ms. Fischer was a bitch. And Marzullo was useless.  USELESS!

What an odd coincidence: http://www.intersport.com/products/brands/items/fischer.html