News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

WWJD

Started by Jessie, January 13, 2006, 08:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Multiracial children are generally more attractive than people of a single race.

Timothy isn't playing any specific position because the coach hasn't even explained what positions are.  He hasn't told the tallest boy to play center.

He hasn't explained:

fouls
5 second rules
over and back
travelling

Basically, other than "pass, dribble, or shoot", he hasn't explained much of anything to them.

I'm not a fanatical parent or anything, and I want this to be fun, but I also want Timothy to learn the fundamentals of the game. 

I won't do a damn thing about it, though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Infobahn

I dunno, Jessie.  I think if you teach Timothy the game, he could step up (with confidence) and teach others by doing.

Fark the coach.  We learn from those around us.  It doesn't matter if they win a game, just as long as they are learning and having fun.

Jessie

Quote from: Infobahn on January 13, 2006, 12:10:49 PM
I dunno, Jessie.  I think if you teach Timothy the game, he could step up (with confidence) and teach others by doing.

Fark the coach.  We learn from those around us.  It doesn't matter if they win a game, just as long as they are learning and having fun.

Very true.

There are two little boys who are quite good, except that they think they're better than they are, which makes them mess up.

Timothy's around the average or slightly above average mark for his team. 

He's having a good time, and he knows most of the rules (the child is becoming obsessed with all things basketball) so he'll be fine.

I just don't want him to get discouraged and want to quit.  I'm doing some preemptive worrying is all.

Infobahn

This thread made me talk to Honeybahn about sports this summer for Babybahn.

She want his vision tested again.

Jessie

Quote from: Infobahn on January 13, 2006, 12:15:41 PM
This thread made me talk to Honeybahn about sports this summer for Babybahn.

She want his vision tested again.

You have to take pics of him in uniform.  I need to do that with Timothy tomorrow.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on January 13, 2006, 12:12:59 PM

Very true.

There are two little boys who are quite good, except that they think they're better than they are, which makes them mess up.

He's having a good time, and he knows most of the rules (the child is becoming obsessed with all things basketball) so he'll be fine.

I just don't want him to get discouraged and want to quit.  I'm doing some preemptive worrying is all.

What are the reactions of the other parents?  It can't just be you who feels this way. 

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on January 13, 2006, 01:24:19 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 13, 2006, 12:12:59 PM

Very true.

What are the reactions of the other parents?  It can't just be you who feels this way. 
There were only two other moms there yesterday.  We laughed at their antics and just shook our heads when they were getting killed, and we were in awe at the raw talent on the other team.  We didn't talk about the coaching, though. 

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Infobahn

sapphirehart

speaking of soccer moms...

Steven has got to the be the worst player on the high school soccer team but I'm not complaining.  He enjoys the sport and I enjoy watching his very cute coach on the sidelines. haha

Also, since he started playing soccer, his school grades have improved cuz we told him if he wanted to play a sport, he had to make good grades or we would pull him from the team.

Infobahn

Quote from: sapphirehart on January 14, 2006, 07:12:05 PM
speaking of soccer moms...

Steven has got to the be the worst player on the high school soccer team but I'm not complaining.  He enjoys the sport and I enjoy watching his very cute coach on the sidelines. haha

Also, since he started playing soccer, his school grades have improved cuz we told him if he wanted to play a sport, he had to make good grades or we would pull him from the team.

Better grades make it all worth while.