News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

How to Save Money for Jack In The Box and McDs Fans

Started by Dry then Catch, April 05, 2005, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/94/26/03_3_m.html

the very last editorial "Munchie discrimination"  is teh greatest thing that has ever graced a college paper.  I think it applies to all the franchises of said fast food restaurants.  For some reason I laughed uncontrollably. 

Dry then Catch

for those too lazy to click
QuoteTo the editor,

In the past couple weeks I've observed two issues of forms of price discrimination against customers at campus-area fast food restaurants. All U of A Jack-in-the-Box fans, particularly J5 (sourdough jack) enthusiasts will be interested to know that anytime anybody, anywhere, buys a sourdough jack they are getting ripped off by over a dollar. Its possible to create an exact sourdough jack by ordering a jumbo jack minus the lettuce, ketchup, and pickle, but with bacon, Swiss cheese instead of regular cheese, and sourdough bread instead of a bun (free exchange). The replicated sourdough jack will cost $1.20 less to the smart population who are willing to take the extra 10 seconds to change the order.

The other issue concerns 49-cent-cheeseburger Wednesdays at McDonalds. Recently I tried to order hamburgers instead of cheeseburgers, and they wouldn't let me. So I asked for cheeseburgers without cheese and even though that usually works, this time it didn't. This situation exhibits price discrimination against people who don't like cheese or don't happen to want cheese at that time. Since the hamburger and the cheeseburger are identical otherwise, you are forced into a situation where you can pay about 20 cents less and try to take the cheese off the burger yourself. Is this effort worth 20 cents? Should you be put in such a crazy situation as a consumer?

What is secret sauce anyway?

When is In-N-Out going to come set-up at U of A?

Kevin O'Neil

MIS / operations management senior

Infobahn

Just proving again, that Tucson is not a place a normal person would live.

Dry then Catch

yes but apparently we can save a lot on fast food

nishi

i think this is fantastically hilarious. i am now inspired to go to cheeseburger special day and ask for cheeseburgers with no cheese.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

Anybody remember that old commercial where they order a pizza, hold the sauce and crust so they just get cheese?  No?  Just me?  Okay, then.

DownSouth

I like how at McDonalds a cheeseburger cost more than a double cheeseburger.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

At the McDonalds in my town you can't order a double hamburger.  You have to order a double cheeseburger without cheese or they don't know what you are talking about.  Once the girl behind the counter actually told me that they can't make a double hamburger, but she totally got it when I asked for a double cheeseburger with no cheese.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Infobahn

In all fairness to the McDonalds employees, they are told that there are "legal" things they can make, and if they do anything outside of that they can be fired.  I dated a manager, and she told me of times where secret shoppers will try and get people to go outside the menu, and when they did, those people were written up.  I'm figuring McDonalds is not going on your resume anyway, so feel free to bust the system.

Gamplayerx

I worked at Burger King.  You can have it your way.

Jessie

I worked at McDonalds.

I knew about hamburgers, double hamburgers, and even quarter pound hamburgers.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2005, 06:14:26 AM
Anybody remember that old commercial where they order a pizza, hold the sauce and crust so they just get cheese?  No?  Just me?  Okay, then.

not only do people remember they have made an entire review and archive

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0873/

Dry then Catch

Quote from: nishi on April 06, 2005, 05:58:25 AM
i think this is fantastically hilarious. i am now inspired to go to cheeseburger special day and ask for cheeseburgers with no cheese.

that seems less unwieldly than totally recombining your Jumbo Jack.  But I dunno for 1.20 I might....

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2005, 10:42:46 AM
I worked at Burger King.  You can have it your way.
Extra dirty, dusty pickles please.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ReBurn

Quote from: jessie on April 06, 2005, 10:50:01 AM
I worked at McDonalds.

You were probably just smart enough to know that a hamburger is a cheeseburger with no cheese.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 06, 2005, 11:31:03 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 06, 2005, 06:14:26 AM

not only do people remember they have made an entire review and archive

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0873/

That's it!  You rock!!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurninator on April 06, 2005, 02:44:25 PM
Quote from: jessie on April 06, 2005, 10:50:01 AM
I worked at McDonalds.

You were probably just smart enough to know that a hamburger is a cheeseburger with no cheese.

Pfft.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.