News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

the Stone Hearth

Started by ignom, August 07, 2005, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

Jessie and I went to this place last night called the Stone Hearth.

What a great restaurant.

Outside, it was a little place, almost unnoticable, or even recognizable as a restaurant.

For our appetizer, we had a parmesan artichoke dip that was one of the best things I've ever eaten. This joint was so classy, they served it with toasted bread and crackers instead of nachos.

I had artichoke bruschetta grouper, topped with olive oil, artichokes, tomatoes, basil and parmesan. It was awesome. I've only recently started eating fish again, so I need to learn how to fix stuff like that.

Jessie will have to tell you about the steak she had, even though I ate the rest of it for breakfast.

It was also the first time I've ever tried strawberry butter.

They also had some kind of Mediterranean chicken that was served with deep-fried spinach. I would like to try deep-fried spinach.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

What was the strawberry butter for?

ignom

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 07, 2005, 06:25:30 PM

The bread, I hope. It was already on the table when we got there.

Gamplayerx

Oh, phew.  I was worried it was for the steak.

ursus

Quote from: ignom on August 07, 2005, 06:28:10 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 07, 2005, 06:25:30 PM

The bread, I hope. It was already on the table when we got there.
I hear it goes well with a chilled glass of apple/mackrel. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
I was just wondering...

Beefy

I'm hungry.  I think I'll pack some fruit to take to work as well.

I wonder what Charles Nelson Reilly is doing at this hour...

Dry then Catch

do you and Jessie have some sort of pre-exisisting relationship

ursus

Quote from: Beefy on August 08, 2005, 01:14:05 AM
I'm hungry. I think I'll pack some fruit to take to work as well.

I wonder what Charles Nelson Reilly is doing at this hour...
That was good for a wake-up time chuckle, thanks...
+
I think he's hiding from Witchy-poo.
I was just wondering...

Jessie

I can't begin to express how good that artichoke dip was.  That was the first time I'd ever had artichoke dip, so I don't know how it compares, but Jason said it was better than most, so I'll take his word for it.  I thought it was funny that we overheard the waitress telling another table that it should serve about 6 people.  The two of us ate THE WHOLE THING. 

My steak was one of the juiciest I've ever had, but I have to admit that it couldn't compare to that artichoke dip.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on August 08, 2005, 07:36:33 AM
I can't begin to express how good that artichoke dip was.  That was the first time I'd ever had artichoke dip, so I don't know how it compares, but Jason said it was better than most, so I'll take his word for it.  I thought it was funny that we overheard the waitress telling another table that it should serve about 6 people.  The two of us ate THE WHOLE THING. 

My steak was one of the juiciest I've ever had, but I have to admit that it couldn't compare to that artichoke dip.

i can't believe you never had artichoke dip, i ordered some on Friday.  spinach dip is good too, but not quite the same.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 08, 2005, 04:40:34 PM

i can't believe you never had artichoke dip, i ordered some on Friday.  spinach dip is good too, but not quite the same.
As is spinach artichoke dip.  And it only gets better when you add crab.

ignom

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 09, 2005, 06:15:27 AM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 08, 2005, 04:40:34 PM

As is spinach artichoke dip.  And it only gets better when you add crab.

This dip at the restaurant didn't have spinach.