News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

Just for the hell of it.

Started by Listener, October 06, 2005, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Sometimes I worry that restaurants create food combinations just to say they CAN.

My sandwich from Einstein Bagel today had the following:

Bread
Gorgonzola Mayo (mayo with chunks of gorgonzola cheese in)
Lettuce
Tomato
Turkey
Onion
Bacon
Guacamole
Bread

Who in their right mind thought that guacamole or gorgonzola mayo was necessary?  I would've been happy with regular mayo.

What about salsa made with fruit that isn't limes?  Like peaches?  Or pineapples?  Yaargh.

Stuff like that.

DownSouth

I was surprised that I liked peach salsa.  I also liked mango.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Damnit.  Now I have to go to Einstein and get the Tasty Turkey on Asiago.

The day I went there, they were closed.  That made me sad.

I am so going on Saturday morning.

dazie

I hate it when people put good stuff in mayo.  I LOATHE mayo, so it just makes me cranky.  JUST GIVE ME THE GOOD STUFF DAMMIT.

But guacamole makes sammiches yummy.  Unless someone has made the guac with mayo.  That's just WRONG.  Guacamole is avocado, garlic, hot peppers, MAYBE onions, MAYBE tomato, and lime juice.  Don't be gettin' all "fancy" and trying to put weird shit in my guac.  I will pound you.

Wendy's is famous for putting odd combinations together. 

Now I want a sammich.   >:(
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

Quote from: ignom on October 06, 2005, 11:55:13 AM
I would try gorgonzola mayo.

Tasted like chunkier, less runny blue cheese dressing.

Gamplayerx

Listener

THAT particular combination wasn't terrible, although I don't much care for blue cheese, but in the mix with everything else it was a little worrisome.

DownSouth

I love love love blue cheese.  It doesn't sound like it would be too good on that sandwich though.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

I like blue cheese on my filet.

Mango salsa is good with crabcakes.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Listener on October 06, 2005, 11:17:08 AM
Sometimes I worry that restaurants create food combinations just to say they CAN.

My sandwich from Einstein Bagel today had the following:

Bread
Gorgonzola Mayo (mayo with chunks of gorgonzola cheese in)
Lettuce
Tomato
Turkey
Onion
Bacon
Guacamole
Bread

Who in their right mind thought that guacamole or gorgonzola mayo was necessary?  I would've been happy with regular mayo.

What about salsa made with fruit that isn't limes?  Like peaches?  Or pineapples?  Yaargh.

Stuff like that.
Well you didnt check the name of the Place.   Einstein Bagel.  He worked with theories and tried to prove or disprove them.   so in a sense, they are only following suit with the name.  Man of theory and experimentation.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Jessie

Nishi's mango black bean salsa is freakin awesome.  So is her homemade garlic mayo.  Yum.  Of course, mayo is almost always good any way you have it.

Guac is not good.  Meh.  Nor is bleu cheese or any of those sorts of crumbly and icky tasting cheeses.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

Quote from: Jessie on October 06, 2005, 12:45:29 PM
Nishi's mango black bean salsa is freakin awesome.  So is her homemade garlic mayo.  Yum.  Of course, mayo is almost always good any way you have it.

I love feta.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: DownSouth on October 06, 2005, 12:47:12 PM

I love feta.

fetta is goddess.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

dazie

I love limburger.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on October 06, 2005, 02:17:39 PM

I like Ike.

Jessie

I hit the skins for the hell of it, just for the yell I get
Mmm mmm mmm, for the smell of it (smell it)
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on October 06, 2005, 02:41:33 PM

How very crunk of you.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on October 06, 2005, 02:41:33 PM

dop you dry them and smoke em?