News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

yay for milk!

Started by meredith, August 03, 2005, 07:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meredith

it comes from cow boobies

and it works great with cereal

ignom

Hmm, maybe a pint of milk this morning will be better than a 24 oz Diet Pepsi.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

Jessie

I considered getting some milk this morning.  Then I got 2 krispy kreme donuts and a 32oz Diet Coke instead.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 07:31:50 AM
I considered getting some milk this morning.  Then I got 2 krispy kreme donuts and a 32oz Diet Coke instead.

Jeezus woman!  No wonder you're hypoglycemic.  Will you start to eat better PLEASE!!!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:13:45 AM

Jeezus woman!  No wonder you're hypoglycemic.  Will you start to eat better PLEASE!!!

As soon as I can afford to stock up on healthy groceries, yes.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 08:18:53 AM

You could have purchased an apple or banana and some milk for what you paid for the donuts and Coke and HAD MONEY LEFT OVER.   >:(

DownSouth

Healthy groceries are cheaper than donuts.  I also had chocolate milk this morning.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:19:47 AM

You could have purchased an apple or banana and some milk for what you paid for the donuts and Coke and HAD MONEY LEFT OVER.   >:(

I was at a gas station.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 08:21:01 AM

I was at a gas station.

Did they have yogurt?  Yogurt is good.  (Just don't get the overly sweet flavors- like creme caramel)

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:22:47 AM

I was at a gas station.

Did they have yogurt?  Yogurt is good.  (Just don't get the overly sweet flavors- like creme caramel)

Bleh.

I'll go buy lots of healthy groceries Saturday.  I'll live til then.  I hope.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 08:23:21 AM
Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:22:47 AM

I was at a gas station.

Bleh.

I'll go buy lots of healthy groceries Saturday.  I'll live til then.  I hope.

:noway:

ReBurn

You know what's sad?  When it is cheaper to buy donuts and diet coke than it is to buy fruit.  Especially considering that fruit requires no special processing other than picking, packing and shipping.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: ReBurninator on August 03, 2005, 08:26:09 AM
You know what's sad?  When it is cheaper to buy donuts and diet coke than it is to buy fruit.  Especially considering that fruit requires no special processing other than picking, packing and shipping.

That does suck.

I heard a story on NPR a few years back- they followed around familes who were receiving food stamps.  The people were complaining that they couldn't live on the amount of stamps they were receiving, so the food stamp regulator types wanted to see what these people were buying.  The mom featured in the segment I heard went and picked out frozen twice baked potatoes, a tub of barbeque beef, packaged this, reconstitued that... and ended up with about 6 dinners worth.  The food stamp regulator took the same amount of food stamps, but bought all "real" food, like a 5lb bag of potatoes, a package of meat, a bag of rice, spices, herbs etc... and had enough food to eat for two weeks, including lunches.

Jessie

I buy very few pre-cooked/pre-packaged things when I go to the grocery.  I like to cook.  I wish I could get myself up early enough to cook breakfast, but that ain't happenin'.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 08:39:12 AM
I buy very few pre-cooked/pre-packaged things when I go to the grocery.  I like to cook.  I wish I could get myself up early enough to cook breakfast, but that ain't happenin'.

I ended up keeping packages of oatmeal at my desk at work.  At about 9:30 or so I'd go for a walk, and on the way back get hot water and eat my oatmeal. 

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:40:42 AM

I ended up keeping packages of oatmeal at my desk at work.  At about 9:30 or so I'd go for a walk, and on the way back get hot water and eat my oatmeal. 

That's a good idea.

ignom

I had a pint of milk, but I also had a 24 oz Diet Pepsi before that. Now I'm going to start another Diet Pepsi and have a nutrigrain bar.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on August 03, 2005, 08:42:03 AM
Quote from: dazie on August 03, 2005, 08:40:42 AM

That's a good idea.
My locker at my desk is a virtual cupboard.  It currently contains 4 cans of tuna, two cans of Progresso soup, a bunch of Chefboyardee pasta, peanut butter and whole grain bread.  There's also an assortment of carbonated beverages in there because I can't bring myself to pay $1 for a 12 oz. can of coke out of the drink machine.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

meredith

why bother with diet coke/pepsi/whatever? either do the real thing or drop soda altogether.

Jessie

I prefer the taste of diet.

cnamon

Milk is a vile substance on its own.

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Whenever I think of milk I think of Visitor Q now.

Thanks Bish!