News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

oooohhh... I WANT!

Started by dazie, August 02, 2005, 11:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

http://www.lodgemfg.com/

I may just have to buy that.  Too bad it doesn't have a lid.  Hrm.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 02, 2005, 11:44:05 AM
Oooh, nice!

I am currently grill-less.  We've been talking about getting a Weber, but maybe this one instead...

Jessie

I'm also grillless.  I'm also place to put a grill-less.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 02, 2005, 11:47:07 AM

When I get one, you can come over and use it whenever you want.

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 02, 2005, 11:47:41 AM

When I get one, you can come over and use it whenever you want.

Thanks!

DownSouth

I have a huge propane grill that I didn't move because it is illegal to grill on decks here.  I went and bought a little 15 dollar grill that I can hide.  It serves its purpose well.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

There's some empty space in the north-east corner of your mom's vagina.  We just threw out the ping pong table that used to be there - it was warped and bouncing the balls at weird angles.

Jessie

Quote from: aliceliddell on August 02, 2005, 11:50:40 AM
There's some empty space in the north-east corner of your mom's vagina.  We just threw out the ping pong table that used to be there - it was warped and bouncing the balls at weird angles.

Cool!  I can probably store my winter clothes there, too.

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on August 02, 2005, 11:50:26 AM
I have a huge propane grill that I didn't move because it is illegal to grill on decks here.  I went and bought a little 15 dollar grill that I can hide.  It serves its purpose well.

Yes, if you are grill-less than you need a friend in DS's predicament.  My buddy James has a full size grill and can't use it at his apartment, so he leaves it with me.  It would be a really sweet deal if I actually used it.

cnamon

I want the cast iron skillet on that site, but I want someone else to season it for me.

BigDun

George Foreman

*BigDun* ducks and hides
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on August 02, 2005, 12:51:18 PM
George Foreman

*BigDun* ducks and hides

I have and used to love my Foreman.  Alas, the coating on the grill started coming off after I cleaned it a few times and started showing up on my food.

cnamon

George Foreman

*BigDun* ducks and hides
THAT IS NOT REAL GRILLING!

I own one too

I love it for grilled chicken

dazie

Quote from: cnamon on August 02, 2005, 12:50:56 PM
I want the cast iron skillet on that site, but I want someone else to season it for me.

Get one of the pre-seasoned ones.

I have only cast iron frying pans now.  I love them.  I have a cast iron dutch oven too, which ROCKS.

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on August 02, 2005, 12:58:22 PM
I have a cast iron dutch oven too, which ROCKS.

I would imagine that would make the smell last longer, though.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on August 02, 2005, 12:59:32 PM
Quote from: dazie on August 02, 2005, 12:58:22 PM
I have a cast iron dutch oven too, which ROCKS.

I would imagine that would make the smell last longer, though.

Your'e 12, aren't you?

VikingJuice

Quote from: dazie on August 02, 2005, 11:46:35 AM
Oooh, nice!

I am currently grill-less.  We've been talking about getting a Weber, but maybe this one instead...

Webber is really great but nothing beats the quality and flavor that you get when cooking with charcoal and some mesquite wood.  I'd recommend Webber to anyone, in addition to a regular grill.  Grilling isn't just an either or thing, gas comes in handy for some things like steaks where you want to sear the outside and leave the inside a little pink and tender.  Brisquet, chicken and pork usually work better on a charcoal grill because the heat is lower and lets it cook slower without drying out too quickly.

Also, for you BBQ amateurs and such, have a spray bottle near-by when grilling, you can use water, beer, wine or whatever.  Spray the meat periodically as it grills and it's so much more juicy and moist.  This is especially important with gas grills because of the high heat.

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on August 02, 2005, 12:53:55 PM
George Foreman

*BigDun* ducks and hides

I have and used to love my Foreman.  Alas, the coating on the grill started coming off after I cleaned it a few times and started showing up on my food.

I learned a new trick the last time I ate at Barnes and Noble. It works great if all you make on the Foreman grill are sandwiches and wraps. Loosely wrap the sandwich or wrap in Reynold's cooking parchment paper. It prevents all the gooey insides from spilling out and makes clean up a non-issue.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 02, 2005, 06:02:40 PM
Oooh, nice!

Webber is really great but nothing beats the quality and flavor that you get when cooking with charcoal and some mesquite wood.  I'd recommend Webber to anyone, in addition to a regular grill.  Grilling isn't just an either or thing, gas comes in handy for some things like steaks where you want to sear the outside and leave the inside a little pink and tender.  Brisquet, chicken and pork usually work better on a charcoal grill because the heat is lower and lets it cook slower without drying out too quickly.

Also, for you BBQ amateurs and such, have a spray bottle near-by when grilling, you can use water, beer, wine or whatever.  Spray the meat periodically as it grills and it's so much more juicy and moist.  This is especially important with gas grills because of the high heat.
What are you doing this weekend?  Want to come to DC and grill for me?

DownSouth

Nothing beats a smoker for BBQ.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ursus

Oooh, nice!

Webber is really great but nothing beats the quality and flavor that you get when cooking with charcoal and some mesquite wood. I'd recommend Webber to anyone, in addition to a regular grill. Grilling isn't just an either or thing, gas comes in handy for some things like steaks where you want to sear the outside and leave the inside a little pink and tender. Brisquet, chicken and pork usually work better on a charcoal grill because the heat is lower and lets it cook slower without drying out too quickly.

Also, for you BBQ amateurs and such, have a spray bottle near-by when grilling, you can use water, beer, wine or whatever. Spray the meat periodically as it grills and it's so much more juicy and moist. This is especially important with gas grills because of the high heat.
I'm going with charcoal because it burns at a higher tempurature than gas. All my gas grill did was smother the MEEEEEET in greasy smoke.  :-X    No more propane for me thanks; if it's worth cooking, it's worth wait for the coals...
I was just wondering...

cnamon

Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 09:00:19 AM
Oooh, nice!

Webber is really great but nothing beats the quality and flavor that you get when cooking with charcoal and some mesquite wood. I'd recommend Webber to anyone, in addition to a regular grill. Grilling isn't just an either or thing, gas comes in handy for some things like steaks where you want to sear the outside and leave the inside a little pink and tender. Brisquet, chicken and pork usually work better on a charcoal grill because the heat is lower and lets it cook slower without drying out too quickly.

Also, for you BBQ amateurs and such, have a spray bottle near-by when grilling, you can use water, beer, wine or whatever. Spray the meat periodically as it grills and it's so much more juicy and moist. This is especially important with gas grills because of the high heat.
I'm going with charcoal because it burns at a higher tempurature than gas. All my gas grill did was smother the MEEEEEET in greasy smoke.  :-X    No more propane for me thanks; if it's worth cooking, it's worth wait for the coals...

dazie

Quote from: cnamon on August 04, 2005, 11:35:59 AM
Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 09:00:19 AM
Oooh, nice!

Hank Hill Hates my Husband.

Jessie

dazie

There was an episode where Peggy and Bobby eat burgers that were grilled over charcoal...  LuAnn had a charcoal grill.

They all agreed it tasted much better than propane grilled burgers.

Jessie

ignom

Quote from: dazie on August 04, 2005, 11:45:32 AM
There was an episode where Peggy and Bobby eat burgers that were grilled over charcoal...  LuAnn had a charcoal grill.

But then Peggy lies to Hank, and well, she is a whore.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

dazie

Quote from: ignom on August 04, 2005, 12:06:15 PM

Yup.  Damn that Peggy.  Always uppity.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on August 04, 2005, 06:43:48 PM
Quote from: ignom on August 04, 2005, 12:06:15 PM

Yup.  Damn that Peggy.  Always uppity.
I will not watch that show because Peggy irritates me that much.