News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Grocery Shopping

Started by cnamon, June 30, 2005, 09:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

None is booze.  They don't sell liquor at the grocery store.

Infobahn

Oh, you live in one of THOSE states.

Gamplayerx

Yeah.  You gotta go to a beer store for booze.  At least in this County, they sell all alcoholic beverages at one store.  In Bethesda, hard liquor has to be purchased at a liquor store, beer and wine at a beer store.

BigDun

In Tennessee you can buy beer in grocery stores and quick marts but have to go to a liquor store for everything else (including wine). And don't even think about trying to go to a liquor store on Sunday. You can't even buy beer before noon on Sunday. Cause it's the south and that God's day dammit!
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

I got "cuban sandwiches" at the store - impulse buy, new item - and I gotta say, though a bit odd, they're mighty tasty.  Ham, roast pork, cheese and pickle on pressed bread.

Infobahn

They make a good Cuban Sandwich at Einstien Bros Bagel Shops.  Them are tasty sammiches.

Alice

Out here you can get beer, wine and hard liquor at the grocery store.

In the town I grew up in, up until 5 years ago, you couldn't buy alcohol anywhere. 

DownSouth

Grocery store-Wine and beer
Lickher store for everything else
You can only get alcohol at restaurants and bars on Sunday.  We still have mini bottles.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

You can buy beer and wine at the grocery stores and liquor at the liquor store.

You can only buy beer on Sunday, and only in Jefferson county and only after 1pm. 

Where I'm moving you can't buy anything ever.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: DownSouth on July 05, 2005, 11:30:47 AMYou can only get alcohol at restaurants and bars on Sunday.  We still have mini bottles.

What's mini bottles?  Is it those little bottles like in hotel minibars?  Wasn't there some controversy about somewhere they use those to mix drinks instead of just pouring out of a regular sized bottle so as to regulate and prevent bartenders giving customers more booze than they've paid for?

ReBurn

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 05, 2005, 12:30:54 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on July 05, 2005, 11:30:47 AMYou can only get alcohol at restaurants and bars on Sunday.  We still have mini bottles.

What's mini bottles?  Is it those little bottles like in hotel minibars?  Wasn't there some controversy about somewhere they use those to mix drinks instead of just pouring out of a regular sized bottle so as to regulate and prevent bartenders giving customers more booze than they've paid for?
Didn't they just change it to allow free-pouring of liquor?  And two of the three counties in this area have adopted local laws that allow beer and wine sales on Sunday.  The onle one of the three that doesn't is the one I live in.  However, you can still only buy liquor in bars and restaurants on Sunday.  Liquor stores also have to be closed by sundown.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 05, 2005, 12:30:54 PM

Yeah.  Just like the ones on airlines.  There's always controversy over them.  They actually make drinks stronger and we are the only state that uses them.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

I'm of the opinion that most liquor laws are f*cking stupid.  Sundays shouldn't be blue; no one should have the right to tell me I can't buy something because it's "God's Day".  It flies in the face of free capitalism.

nishi

Quote from: Beefy on July 05, 2005, 03:35:32 PM
I'm of the opinion that most liquor laws are f*cking stupid.  Sundays shouldn't be blue; no one should have the right to tell me I can't buy something because it's "God's Day".  It flies in the face of free capitalism.

it also tells me that someone's god is better than my god. my own personal jesus's day is thursday.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

Quote from: nishi on July 05, 2005, 04:17:20 PM

it also tells me that someone's god is better than my god. my own personal jesus's day is thursday.
Reach out and touch faith.

eo000

Quote from: cnamon on July 05, 2005, 04:22:07 PM

okay

cnamon

Quote from: eo000 on July 05, 2005, 07:20:58 PM
Quote from: cnamon on July 05, 2005, 04:22:07 PM

okay

eo, you are aces.  Smooches for you.

I don't think she is good looking, though.

cnamon

My grocery list

Potatoes Russet  5 LB BAG   
Tyson Heat 'N Eat Entree Beef Pot Roast in Gravy  17 OZ PKG   
Buitoni Pasta Ravioli Four Cheese  9 OZ PKG   
Stouffer's Lasagna Single Serve  10.5 OZ PKG 
Stouffer's Skillet Sensations Chicken Alfredo  25 OZ BAG   
Tony's Personal Pizza Cheese  6.5 OZ BOX   
Minute Maid Premium Original Orange Juice Calcium & Vitamin D Low Pulp  64 OZ CTN   
Home Pride Bread 100% Whole Wheat  20 OZ PKG   
Rice-A-Roni Chicken  6.9 OZ BOX   
Scott Bath Tissue 1000 Sheets 1-Ply Unscented  6 CT PKG   

I am such a lazy ass.

meredith

ursus

Quote from: cnamon on August 12, 2005, 02:08:26 PM
My grocery list

Potatoes Russet 5 LB BAG
Tyson Heat 'N Eat Entree Beef Pot Roast in Gravy 17 OZ PKG
Buitoni Pasta Ravioli Four Cheese 9 OZ PKG
Stouffer's Lasagna Single Serve 10.5 OZ PKG
Stouffer's Skillet Sensations Chicken Alfredo 25 OZ BAG
Tony's Personal Pizza Cheese 6.5 OZ BOX
Minute Maid Premium Original Orange Juice Calcium & Vitamin D Low Pulp 64 OZ CTN
Home Pride Bread 100% Whole Wheat 20 OZ PKG
Rice-A-Roni Chicken 6.9 OZ BOX
Scott Bath Tissue 1000 Sheets 1-Ply Unscented 6 CT PKG

I am such a lazy ass.

Did your doctor tell you to get more sodium????? :o :o :o
I was just wondering...