News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Attack of the green slime

Started by skye, September 09, 2007, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

I discovered today that ponds require maintenance. Ignoring that fact for 4-5 months has resulted in something resembling the Blob living in our back yard. I've been fighting it for 3 hours and I'm now coated in grossness. Can I just say ick?

Gamplayerx

Gosh.  Tell BigDun to give you a chance to rest up from your war before draping himself all over you.   ;D

Beefy

skye

Quote from: Beefy on September 09, 2007, 07:06:24 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Turns out this stuff kinda adheres to skin as it dries, and it doesn't come off easily. ICK!!!

Beefy

Quote from: skye on September 09, 2007, 07:40:28 PM
Quote from: Beefy on September 09, 2007, 07:06:24 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Turns out this stuff kinda adheres to skin as it dries, and it doesn't come off easily. ICK!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

VikingJuice

Gross.

DownSouth

I bet he's in your window tonight.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Do you not have a pump and filter?

Beefy

ReBurn

We tried to tell BigDun in chat that it wasn't a good idea for him to soak his feet in that pond. And now look what happens.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

Here's one for your window, Jessie.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

Definately a stinky mess....yeah.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Dry then Catch

my dad's pond is about the same size and has a filter.  Nonetheless, shock cholrine does wonders. 

BigDun

I'm afraid that putting shock in our pond would bleach our koi. And kill them.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

skye

There are pumps (2) and filters (3 mats in the biofalls). But the string algae still builds up if you don't put stuff in every week or two. That's where we screwed up. Trust me, after the battle with the blob this weekend, I won't be forgetting that again anytime soon.

Did BigDun tell you guys we're the proud adoptive parents of about a dozen baby fishies this year? We had 4, bought 8 more, and now have somewhere around 25. They move too fast to count. Our neighbor keeps eyeing our backyard with fishing pole in hand, though, so it may be less than that now.

Gamplayerx

BigDun has never mentioned fish.

My brother used to have a house with a pond that had hundreds of koi until a heron moved into the neighborhood.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: BigDun on September 11, 2007, 01:55:14 PM
I'm afraid that putting shock in our pond would bleach our koi. And kill them.

my dad's koi were alreeady dead.  he thought they could co exist peacefully with the turtles

Jessie

My dad had a duck til the hawks made lunch of him.

Stupid birds.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

Did I ever tell you about my parents new neighbors kid who broke into my parents backyard and killed 3 or 4 of his koi in his pond.  She failed to see the cameras everywhere.

Gamplayerx

Dry then Catch

Quote from: DownSouth on September 11, 2007, 05:10:04 PM
Did I ever tell you about my parents new neighbors kid who broke into my parents backyard and killed 3 or 4 of his koi in his pond.  She failed to see the cameras everywhere.

why did he kill them?

DownSouth

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 11, 2007, 06:41:29 PM

why did he kill them?
It was a 12 year old girl.  Crazy bitch.  She tried to get in the house but the alarm went off.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: DownSouth on September 11, 2007, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 11, 2007, 06:41:29 PM

why did he kill them?
It was a 12 year old girl.  Crazy bitch.  She tried to get in the house but the alarm went off.

you should have sdeuced her. that would have been a more fitting punishment