News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

Area Rugs

Started by Alice, February 21, 2007, 11:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Why are these so expensive?  I'm trying to find one that will go with my new decor for like $75 or less.  All the ones that I like (solid colors, btw) seem to be running no less than $500.  I think I need to learn how to make rugs so I can make a fortune.

Gamplayerx

Try Amazon (and don't forget to use the affiliate link)

DownSouth

Make one out of eo's carpet.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

Quote from: DownSouth on February 21, 2007, 11:34:52 AM
Make one out of eo's carpet.
keep your grubby paws off my carpet.

DownSouth

At least you can't find the stains from FB dragging his ass all over it.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Infobahn

I like hardwood floors.  What are we talking about again?

eo000

Quote from: Infobahn on February 21, 2007, 12:03:11 PM
I like hardwood floors.  What are we talking about again?
britney shaving her head and jeremy piven's hairline.

JJ

My mom picked up a huge, swank persian rug from some old lady at a ridiculous price. Area rugs are awesome. I was just noticing the area rug in The Aviator from Howard's house lastnight.

I'm a big fan of non-carpet floors and area rugs. Carpets are effing NASTY.

Alice

Yay!  I know you were all wondering about the progress of this.  ;)

I found a set of 3, 3.5x5.5 rugs - 100% cotton, in my color for $100.  So hooray!

Gamplayerx

Congrats! 

I totally could've found you something if I'd known you'd go over $75 and smaller than 4'.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 28, 2007, 10:17:27 AM
Congrats! 

I totally could've found you something if I'd known you'd go over $75 and smaller than 4'.
Hahaha, I didn't want to - but I figure I can put two of these rugs next to eachother & now don't have to bother finding a rug for the dining room either.

sapphirehart

I was going to suggest that you go to a carpet store and buy a remnant.  They can bind the edges for you and it would be any size that you wanted.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on February 21, 2007, 11:21:06 AM
Why are these so expensive?  I'm trying to find one that will go with my new decor for like $75 or less.  All the ones that I like (solid colors, btw) seem to be running no less than $500.  I think I need to learn how to make rugs so I can make a fortune.

I believe because good rugs are hand loomed, as the weaving and pattern requires a certain amount of artisanship that a machine just can't do. 

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on February 28, 2007, 01:00:01 PM

I believe because good rugs are hand loomed, as the weaving and pattern requires a certain amount of artisanship that a machine just can't do. 
The ones I got are hand woven.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on February 28, 2007, 02:57:28 PM

Have you tried going to an antique or thrift store?  Sometimes they don't know the value of a good carpet.

Alice

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on February 28, 2007, 04:50:31 PM

Have you tried going to an antique or thrift store?  Sometimes they don't know the value of a good carpet.
I JUST BOUGHT RUGS...  like 5 posts ago! :D

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on February 28, 2007, 05:30:59 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on February 28, 2007, 04:50:31 PM

I JUST BOUGHT RUGS...  like 5 posts ago! :D

aw shit refresh