News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

TOBY!!!

Started by Alice, September 06, 2008, 12:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

I need help.  I can't make a decision.  Do I put in DJ Hackett or Sydney Rice?   Hackett will probably get more points, but is listed as probable. 

I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!

VikingJuice

Go with Hackett.  He signed with the Panthers and since Steve Smith is suspended for the first 2 games (because of punching a teammate in the face and breaking his nose in camp), Hackett is likely to be the number one target in the passing game.  Delhomme is healthy (supposedly) and should be a good passer again.

Sydney Rice is young, unpolished, and has Tavares Jackson throwing to him.  I think Jackson sucks as a QB.  I couldn't believe the Vikes took him in the 2nd round 3 years ago.  Rice will get some long gainers this year, maybe even a few long TD's, but he won't be a consistent FF product this season because he's so young and Jackson is so weak.  With a primarily running team, most of Rice's action will be on play action long ball plays (2 to 3 throws like that a game).

Alice

I'm just concerned because Hackett is only probable.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 06, 2008, 03:55:27 PM
I'm just concerned because Hackett is only probable.

I wasn't aware of that.  Probable though is usually a sign they will play.  There's some percentage breakdown and that one is good.

Here it is:
Probable means the player has a 75% chance of playing
Questionable means 50%
Doubtful means 25%.
Out means 0% chance, won't even dress for the game

Jessie

My name is Kunta Kinte.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Jessie on September 06, 2008, 04:45:51 PM
My name is Kunta Kinte.

<<cough>><<cough>> retarded and lame<<cough>>

VikingJuice

My advice turned out wrong.  Sorry.

Carolina
D. Hackett      5     48     0     37

Minnesota
S. Rice      2     31     1     23

In fairness, Rice's TD was a blown coverage assignment and conventional wisdom holds that Hackett is the better season long prospect.  But occasionally the schwami is wrong.

Alice

It's okay, I still won.

And I think I've made the wrong choice in putting in Young over Bush.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 08, 2008, 10:15:44 PM
It's okay, I still won.

Vince Young?  I hope you didn't go with VY at all.  I put him in my "don't draft" list.  That guy is FF cancer.

eo000

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 08, 2008, 10:19:34 PM
It's okay, I still won.

Vince Young?  I hope you didn't go with VY at all.  I put him in my "don't draft" list.  That guy is FF cancer.
selvin. running back for a running back.

my team of "studs" sucked.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on September 09, 2008, 06:07:45 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on September 08, 2008, 10:19:34 PM
It's okay, I still won.

selvin. running back for a running back.

my team of "studs" sucked.

I think he'll pan out pretty well. He will have limited production though until he becomes "the man" in Shanahan's eyes.  For now, he'll be stuck in a 3 and 4 man rotation like on MNF. I don't think Shanahan is convinced Young has the goods for 25-30 carries a game yet.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!