News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

awkward favors

Started by pumpkineye, February 22, 2006, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkineye

Tonight I am dropping my two kittys off at my ex's so he can watch them till I have an apartment.  (the previous situation isn't working well).  He is my last resort.  In exchange for him watching them, I pay by hearing guilt trips:  "It's no problem, I'll take care of them till you have a place, I don't want you to lose them either.... I know how hard it is to lose something you love"

ugh.

I hate awkward favors.  I rarely am in this situation on either end, but the last time I was on the favor giving end of an awkward favor, I just didn't talk about it.  I let it happen did what I could to help, then never talked of it again.  I think that even if that person pisses me off in the future, I couldn't use it against them.

cnamon

What an asshole.

Kick him in the junk when you pick up your cats.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Some people are just passive-aggressive because they don't have the self-esteem nor intellect to deal with confrontation, or feelings that haven't been resolved.  It sucks that you have to deal with him being this way instead of being gracious and helping out an old friend in time of need.  Just be happy you aren't with someone like that anymore.

And kick him in the junk.

Gamplayerx

I hate that kind of crap.

You should kick him in the junk.

Beefy

Quote from: pumpkineye on February 22, 2006, 03:27:57 PM
"It's no problem, I'll take care of them till you have a place, I don't want you to lose them either.... I know how hard it is to lose something you love"

hahaha sorry, that made me laugh

cnamon

Quote from: Beefy on February 22, 2006, 04:38:51 PM
"It's no problem, I'll take care of them till you have a place, I don't want you to lose them either.... I know how hard it is to lose something you love"

Can you hear Simple Plan playing in the background of that, too?

pumpkineye

this is just the begining.  when we were dating he was never so dramatic.  It's really annoying.  valentine's day was a torrent of this sort of thing.

ReBurn

Quote from: cnamon on February 22, 2006, 04:43:57 PM

Can you hear Simple Plan playing in the background of that, too?
Followed by some Toto..."I'll be over you..."
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Quote from: pumpkineye on February 22, 2006, 03:27:57 PM"It's no problem, I'll take care of them till you have a place, I don't want you to lose them either.... I know how hard it is to lose something you love"

Was it his goddamned spine that he was talking about?