News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Sin City

Started by ursus, March 14, 2005, 04:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on August 22, 2005, 10:35:37 AM
Jessica Alba will never be hotter than she was in Idle Hands.

Seems to me that if the hands weren't idle it'd be more fun.  Maybe I'm talking crazy, though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Who cares if he can't act?  Look at him!

:drool:

ignom

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 22, 2005, 10:39:28 AM

Tom Sizemore?

Jessie's probably the only one that would get that, and she probably won't either.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on August 22, 2005, 10:35:37 AM
Jessica Alba will never be hotter than she was in Idle Hands.

While it is pervy to say so, as she was so young at the time, I'd have to agree.  That film was the one moment that Alba was worth paying attention to.

Jessie

Quote from: ignom on August 22, 2005, 10:43:29 AM
Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 22, 2005, 10:39:28 AM

Tom Sizemore?

Jessie's probably the only one that would get that, and she probably won't either.

I don't really get it, but I sure thought that's who that was.

I was just thinking, "Isn't that the dude that was with Heidi Fleiss?"

Beefy

Beefy

FYI - a very young Michael Madsen can be spotted in WarGames.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 22, 2005, 11:35:55 AM
Really?!?  Is he hot in that too?

Beefy

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 22, 2005, 11:41:26 AM

He's wearing a military costume.  You tell me.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 22, 2005, 11:43:59 AM
Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 22, 2005, 11:41:26 AM

He's wearing a military costume.  You tell me.
I'll have to watch it and get back to you.

ignom

Quote from: Beefy on August 22, 2005, 11:34:16 AM
Tom Sizemore?

Same difference.

Have you seen Pauly Shore Is Dead yet? I know you had it in your queue at one point.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

Quote from: ignom on August 22, 2005, 07:15:56 PM
Quote from: Beefy on August 22, 2005, 11:34:16 AM
Tom Sizemore?

Same difference.

Have you seen Pauly Shore Is Dead yet? I know you had it in your queue at one point.

Still in the queue.  Everything took a hit when Dead Like Me Season 2 came out.  That, and I'm really slow with Netflix.

Beefy

Okay, I have a question for all you folks who have seen Sin City.  I just finished watching it for the 2nd time and noticed something that has me curious.

Quit reading now if you don't want spoilers...

seriously, quit reading...

have you stopped?

okay then...

When Bruce Willis arrives at The Farm at the end of the film, Elijah Wood's character is seen sitting on the porch, perfectly healthy, reading The Bible (I am supposed to capitalize that, right?).  Well, as we all know, Elijah's character had his arms and legs cut off earlier in the film and was fed to attack dogs.  How the hell is he sitting on the porch?  Bruce can't be imagining it since he never met that character before (it was Marv/Mickey Rourke that took care of Elijah).  Was this in the comics?  Is it a statement on religion?   A statement on the enduring nature of pure evil?  Did this scene actually precede Elijah's doom, ala Pulp Fiction type story hopping?  Anyone else notice this or have thoughts?

ReBurn

I think that it is just several overlapping timelines that aren't necessarily going on all at the same time.  It seems to me that the Hardigan timeline concluded before any of the others really started, even though it is the one the movie ends on.  If you were watching closely you would have also noticed that Marv turned and looked at Hardigan when Nancy jumped off the stage and hugged him.  At this point, if the timelines were parallel, Marv would have already been dead.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on December 17, 2005, 11:25:06 PM
I think that it is just several overlapping timelines that aren't necessarily going on all at the same time.  It seems to me that the Hardigan timeline concluded before any of the others really started, even though it is the one the movie ends on.  If you were watching closely you would have also noticed that Marv turned and looked at Hardigan when Nancy jumped off the stage and hugged him.  At this point, if the timelines were parallel, Marv would have already been dead.

Good point.

swolt

It's been awhile since I've seen it, but my thinking was that Bruce saw Woods reading then went to take care of the yellow guy (was that Nick Stahl?) While Bruce was snooping around Marv showed up on the other side of the ranch and started beating the ever-loving crap out of Woods. That was why Woods couldn't go apeshiat on Bruce, he was getting the crap beaten out of him at the same time Bruce was killing the yellow guy.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

cnamon

http://albawait.ytmnd.com/

Damn you Catchr for getting me hooked on YTMND.

Jessie

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on December 18, 2005, 01:55:47 PM
It's been awhile since I've seen it, but my thinking was that Bruce saw Woods reading then went to take care of the yellow guy (was that Nick Stahl?) While Bruce was snooping around Marv showed up on the other side of the ranch and started beating the ever-loving crap out of Woods. That was why Woods couldn't go apeshiat on Bruce, he was getting the crap beaten out of him at the same time Bruce was killing the yellow guy.
I don't know. Did Marv have all of the cuts on his head in that scene?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

Quote from: ReBurn on December 19, 2005, 11:29:38 PM
Quote from: swolt on December 18, 2005, 01:55:47 PM
I don't know. Did Marv have all of the cuts on his head in that scene?

I don't know, I saw it opening night and that is the only time I saw it, but that was how I explained it to my girlfriend afterwards. So if I'm wrong I was wrong then.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.