News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

HUGE Greek and Roman discovery!

Started by OBB, April 18, 2005, 09:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBB

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=630165

Science has allowed archeologists to read thousands of unreadable ancient Greek texts! So many new works!!!

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

OBB

Think of all the awesome plays and stuff that they could dig up from in there... more Sappho poems.... a new Sophocles or Euripides... it could change our perception of the ancient Greeks in the literature or dramatic fields!

ignom

I didn't rip a dese, you rip a dese?

I'm still half asleep.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Youphoric

Hooray for the Geeks and Romans!!

/seriously though, this is really cool.

Dry then Catch

nishi

"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Dry then Catch

i didnt realize this was a dead thread when i did it.

Beefy

Bishamonten

we're you supposed to give up all the nerdery when you got properly laid!?

OBB

I don't have a picture, for Cripe's sake!

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on May 09, 2005, 04:14:19 PM
I don't have a picture, for Cripe's sake!

Fine.  Can we have a pair of her panties?

Beefy

If he's going to post a pic, I'd rather it be of them together instead of just her.

OBB

Soon, soon, I will have a picture.... and you'll all believe that I'm not making up a girlfriend to garner your sympathy.

Beefy

Quote from: OBB on May 09, 2005, 04:27:31 PM
Soon, soon, I will have a picture.... and you'll all believe that I'm not making up a girlfriend to garner your sympathy.

I don't think anyone thinks that.  We just want to see the one repsonsible for taking you away from Junto.

That said, seriously, if you don't want to post a pic then don't.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beef on May 09, 2005, 05:08:09 PM
Quote from: OBB on May 09, 2005, 04:27:31 PM

I don't think anyone thinks that.  We just want to see the one repsonsible for taking you away from Junto.

That said, seriously, if you don't want to post a pic then don't.
Don't you listen to him!  You listen to Bish.  Has Bish ever lead you astray?

ignom

I thought that you already found her pic on okcupid.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beef on May 09, 2005, 04:22:46 PM
If he's going to post a pic, I'd rather it be of them together instead of just her.

that is why there was never any onering pics.  i had them all sorted out but someone whould have demanded him in front of a  monitor with CH on it.

ignom, yeah but she removed her profile.

Bishamonten

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on May 09, 2005, 06:25:01 PM
Quote from: Beef on May 09, 2005, 04:22:46 PM

that is why there was never any onering pics.  i had them all sorted out but someone whould have demanded him in front of a  monitor with CH on it.

ignom, yeah but she removed her profile.

Behold!  The power of stalkers!

Alice

Dry then Catch

So, have any new works been translated yet?  :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:  I want to see another movie with Brad Pitt and Eric Bana  :o :o :o :o :o

nishi

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 06, 2006, 04:37:17 PM
So, have any new works been translated yet?  :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:  I want to see another movie with Brad Pitt and Eric Bana  :o :o :o :o :o

also, if new works have been translated, i have to fit them into my theatre history lecture pronto. especially if the roman plays are ANY GOOD AT ALL.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

ReBurn

Quote from: nishi on June 07, 2006, 12:42:34 AM

also, if new works have been translated, i have to fit them into my theatre history lecture pronto. especially if the roman plays are ANY GOOD AT ALL.
Like any of them are...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bennyhana

Quote from: nishi on June 07, 2006, 12:42:34 AM

I can't speak for all, but I know that the part of theatre history that I liked the most was hearing about the architecture of their theatres and how it affected staging and relationships with the audience.  I also liked the deus ex machina and the ekyklema (of which I've probably just butchered the spelling).  The texts didn't interest me much, because the formats were too standardized.  Aristotle can eat my ass with his "poetics".

Anyway, my point is this: Screw the texts.  ;)