News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

How a celebrity's poor public behavior hurts more than just them

Started by Beefy, August 10, 2007, 07:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I Know Who Killed Me
Bratz
Hot Rod

Yeah.  There's a stunning trio.  I think I sold 3 tickets to IKWKM.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on August 10, 2007, 07:58:30 AM
I think I sold 3 tickets to IKWKM.

And while the movie may or may not be mediocre, it never stood a chance because of Lohan's poor public image.  No one wants to go see her.  And so it affects the career of the other creative types who worked on the film and get stigmatized peripherally.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on August 10, 2007, 09:39:34 AM
Quote from: dazie on August 10, 2007, 07:58:30 AM
I think I sold 3 tickets to IKWKM.

And while the movie may or may not be mediocre, it never stood a chance because of Lohan's poor public image.  No one wants to go see her.  And so it affects the career of the other creative types who worked on the film and get stigmatized peripherally.
Had there been Lohan boobies I bet it would have been a different story.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

I haven't seen it, but some of my coworkers did.  Granted- these are mostly dorky kids, but they see every single movie that plays in our theater.  (we don't get art films, just the biggies)  They know what makes a good movie and what makes a lame one.

Only one person said it was a good movie, and IMO- she's an idiot anyway.  The rest said it was an implausible storyline and badly acted out.  Even the best director on the planet can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on August 10, 2007, 09:46:53 AM
I haven't seen it, but some of my coworkers did.  Granted- these are mostly dorky kids, but they see every single movie that plays in our theater.  (we don't get art films, just the biggies)  They know what makes a good movie and what makes a lame one.

Only one person said it was a good movie, and IMO- she's an idiot anyway.  The rest said it was an implausible storyline and badly acted out.  Even the best director on the planet can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Well, I disagree.  A great director can make pretty much anything dramatic and interesting.  My point was that the film didn't fail because it was mediocre, it failed because of her.  She let down and did a disservice to every other person who put their time and efforts into that film.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on August 10, 2007, 09:51:29 AM

Well, I disagree.  A great director can make pretty much anything dramatic and interesting.  My point was that the film didn't fail because it was mediocre, it failed because of her.  She let down and did a disservice to every other person who put their time and efforts into that film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170016/  ??

;)

And I do agree- she's lost her luster and should rethink her career choice, if for no other reason than it affects other people negatively.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on August 10, 2007, 09:51:29 AM

I'm not saying she did a good thing, or anything like that, but it's not like they didn't know about her problems when they hired her.  You have to be careful who you hitch your wagon to.  Wasn't she nearly fired from her last movie?

Beefy

The creative team doesn't necessarily have the control who is cast.  In this case, the studio chose Lohan.  So the best the crew could do was hope she'd act like a professional.

DownSouth

They should have used her English twin.  You never hear about her getting in trouble.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on August 10, 2007, 12:08:12 PM
They should have used her English twin.  You never hear about her getting in trouble.
You are fantastic.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.