News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

Scuba Diving?

Started by Grumpus, March 09, 2005, 10:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpus

Are there any Scuba divers here?  I've been thinking of learning to scuba but every time I snorkel my ears hurt after diving down 8 feet of so.  Does this problem go away when you scuba or do I have to just to get use to it? Is there really much more cool stuff to see below the surface? It sounds like the next step and we're getting tired of just snorkeling.  Oh, and Gamp wants to know if there's any way to pee outside of the wetsuit?

charmed

Infobahn

I am certified, but haven't done it for a while.  Since my wife doesn't swim, it ends up being a lonely activity.

Grumpus

Quote from: Infobahn on March 09, 2005, 10:31:27 PM
I am certified, but haven't done it for a while.  Since my wife doesn't swim, it ends up being a lonely activity.
Cool, maybe when you move here we can dive in the waters of the Chesapeake Bay together. I hear you can see up to 3 inches.

eo000

Can people with asthma scuba?

DownSouth

Quote from: eo000 on March 10, 2005, 10:40:49 AM
I just asked around and nobody knows.  I have a friend who certifies people.  I'll try and call him later.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Dry then Catch

didn't you see Open Water?

Jessie

I haven't, but I'd like to.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

I fell asleep in the middle of it so I don't know if it got any better.  At least I got to see boobs.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Infobahn

I have asthma, and I do.  The question is, how bad are you?  I medicate prior, but you have to be careful what medication.  Some cold medications can really be bad, so check what your meds will do.

eo000

Quote from: Infobahn on March 10, 2005, 04:46:08 PM

I have asthma, and I do.  The question is, how bad are you?  I medicate prior, but you have to be careful what medication.  Some cold medications can really be bad, so check what your meds will do.
my wife has pretty bad asthma, but she's always wanted to learn to scuba. Thanks for letting me know.