News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

World Trade Center

Started by Beefy, February 11, 2006, 12:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Interesting article on exactly what they're doing with this film over at Aint It Cool.  Sounds like they have their heads on straight.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dc

Is it just me, or do the Ain't It Cool comment boards make Fark boards look tame and intellectual by comparison? 

Beefy

Quote from: dc on February 12, 2006, 02:37:15 PM
Is it just me, or do the Ain't It Cool comment boards make Fark boards look tame and intellectual by comparison? 

So very, very true.  The only ones I go in anymore are the Lost threads.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on February 12, 2006, 02:38:39 PM

Seriously, it's as if the people who were run off or banned from Fark have clustered there.  Not just on that one.  Every comment section I've read there is the same.

Beefy

Quote from: dc on February 12, 2006, 02:40:45 PM

Seriously, it's as if the people who were run off or banned from Fark have clustered there.  Not just on that one.  Every comment section I've read there is the same.

I guess they don't police those threads at all.  At least the chud.com forums seem to try and remain mostly civil.  There was a lot of disagreement in their Brokeback Mountain thread, but for the most part it was a civil thread. 

Alas, I think there are a lot of people out there who want the ability to post whatever hateful crap they can with reckless abandon.

dc

Quote from: Beefy on February 12, 2006, 02:43:11 PM
Quote from: dc on February 12, 2006, 02:40:45 PM

I guess they don't police those threads at all.  At least the chud.com forums seem to try and remain mostly civil.  There was a lot of disagreement in their Brokeback Mountain thread, but for the most part it was a civil thread. 

Alas, I think there are a lot of people out there who want the ability to post whatever hateful crap they can with reckless abandon.

That's what admins and moderators are for.  The mindless crap and bickering over "multiple names" make the comments worse than useless.  Sure, there's an occasional thoughtful post, but you need wings to stay above the bullshit to get to it.

At least the articles themselves are generally very good.

Alice

I could never be an admin for a board.  If there was someone who had a personality trait that I didn't like - I'd ban them for a week whenever they pulled it out, even though it had nothing to do with the forum rules.

ReBurn

I could totally be an admin for a board.  I would wield my power mightily and decisively.  Righting the wrongs, weeding out injustice.  That sort of crap.  Good thing nobody trusts me with the furniture.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on February 13, 2006, 11:28:40 AM
I could never be an admin for a board.  If there was someone who had a personality trait that I didn't like - I'd ban them for a week whenever they pulled it out, even though it had nothing to do with the forum rules.
That's the tough part.  If you only knew how often I had to restrain myself from banning BigDun.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 13, 2006, 11:47:37 AM
That's the tough part.  If you only knew how often I had to restrain myself from banning BigDun.
Are you saying you don't like it when BigDun pulls out, because that's what I'm reading.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Speaking of restraint, where's Mr. U?

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:01:33 PM
I believe he is taking a break.

nishi

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 12:01:33 PM

he sort of snaked on a plane.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on February 13, 2006, 01:28:22 PM
http://www.juntoonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

Wow.

My respect for Mr. U just shot through the roof.  Most people don't self-realize like that.  And fewer are honest about it.  Good on him.

I never had an issue with him and hope he comes back.  Considering the things I have said and done on this site I really try not to point fingers in terms of social interaction.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 02:39:24 PM

Wow.

My respect for Mr. U just shot through the roof.  Most people don't self-realize like that.  And fewer are honest about it.  Good on him.

I never had an issue with him and hope he comes back.  Considering the things I have said and done on this site I really try not to point fingers in terms of social interaction.
I wrote him a gmail, but never got a response.  :-\

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on February 13, 2006, 02:42:38 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 02:39:24 PM

Wow.

I wrote him a gmail, but never got a response.  :-\
I was wondering if anyone had communicated with him.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on February 13, 2006, 04:28:54 PM
Holy hell...

Isn't that so great?  It keeps making me giggle.

BigDun

Quote from: Jessie on February 13, 2006, 11:52:59 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 13, 2006, 11:47:37 AM
Are you saying you don't like it when BigDun pulls out, because that's what I'm reading.

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

Jessie

eo000

i saw it friday with alison. there were a few spots where she teared up. 

spoilerish

i got a little annoyed that i was feeling bad for these two families, knowing that the two men made it out alive when so many others didn't.

over all: i didn't hate it, it was alright.