News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Mmm... cheese danish...

Started by Listener, August 04, 2005, 11:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Stopped at The Fresh Market today to pick up some sandwiches, fruit, and dessert for lunch & dinner.

I like a good cheese danish.  But this cheese danish was the Grand-High-Danish of CheeseDanishLand.

The pastry part was thick and flaky but soft on the inside.  The icing was sweet and flaked off, leaving icing bits to vacuum up from the plate afterward.  And the big chunk o' cheese in the middle was all, "hey, I'm a big chunk o' creamy cheese, way bigger than the chunk in that lame-ass Whole Foods danish you had last Friday!"  It was so cheese-a-riffic that, halfway through the pastry, it started dipping down in the center 'cos there was so much cheese in the middle of the danish.

Normally on Fridays I go to Whole Foods and pick up a two-pound salad for lunch (I can eat the hell out of some salad bar).  But no.  I'm done for the week.  There is nothing I can eat in the next seven days that can live up to the cheese danish I had with my lunch.  So tomorrow it's chicken sandwiches and blueberries and Ritztm crackers with cheese on.

Seriously.  It was worth waiting for.  Now the cheese-danish-like coffee cake in my fridge will have to wait until the amazement at the greatness of my cheese danish from today wears off before I can eat it.

If you have the chance to hit the Fresh Market for a cheese danish, go for it.  You won't regret it.

Beefy

I am now craving a cheese danish.

Listener

Quote from: Beefy on August 04, 2005, 11:24:11 AM
I am now craving a cheese danish.

My work here is done.

CheeseDanishMan away!

zzzzzoooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

(I am such a dork.)

Beefy

Is that anything like Powdered Toast Man?

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Jessie

Everything from Fresh Market is good.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ursus

"Fresh Market"?

I been to the "Whole Paycheck" place, but not the Fresh one.
I was just wondering...

Listener

Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 02:20:42 PM
"Fresh Market"?

You ain't kidding.

Fresh Market costs slightly less than Whole Foods.  Especially the prepared-foods section.

cnamon

Quote from: Listener on August 04, 2005, 02:32:44 PM
Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 02:20:42 PM
"Fresh Market"?

You ain't kidding.

Fresh Market costs slightly less than Whole Foods.  Especially the prepared-foods section.
But Whole Foods has all those free samples!  I love that place!

ursus

The closest one to us is Chicago.  :'(
I was just wondering...

Jessie

I think there might be a Whole Foods by the mall closish to my work.

I'm too poor for either of those stores, though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 02:45:34 PM
Well you should go to it.  :D

Listener

Quote from: Jessie on August 04, 2005, 02:51:39 PM
I think there might be a Whole Foods by the mall closish to my work.

I'm too poor for either of those stores, though.

Fresh Market is not horribly expensive.  Actually, the one by my house has cold cuts cheaper than the local Publix or Kroger.

Where they get you is on the fruits, vegetables, and sundries.  If you stick to the deli and the prepared foods -- and the bakery, too -- you'll do all right.

ursus

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 04, 2005, 02:52:36 PM
Quote from: ursus on August 04, 2005, 02:45:34 PM
Well you should go to it. :D
8 hours for groceries seems a bit excessive. We've got a Whole Foods about 1/2 an hour away, and a really cool co-op about 5 minutes from here.
I was just wondering...

Gamplayerx

I love Whole Foods' salad bar.  I got a fantastic $8 salad from there Tuesday.  I'm so happy that they added hearts of palm to the salad bar. 

And this is apparantly Cheese Danish Man.  I guess he left his cape at home for the picture.

ignom

I like to pretend that I can afford to shop at the Fresh Market.

We also have a new place called Earth Fare, which is a lot more expensive than even the Fresh Market.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ursus

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 04, 2005, 04:19:40 PM
I love Whole Foods' salad bar.  I got a fantastic $8 salad from there Tuesday.  I'm so happy that they added hearts of palm to the salad bar. 

And this is apparantly Cheese Danish Man.  I guess he left his cape at home for the picture.

For 8 bucks that salad had better eat me.
I was just wondering...