News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Bruno

Started by eo000, March 19, 2009, 09:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

that ron paul bit sounds like it's going to be hilarious.

Jessie

That sounds fantastic.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

I don't wanna be "that guy" but I've watched Ali G and his characters since the 90s when my friend brought a bunch back from England. 

The biggest change is subtley vs. shock laughs.  In early Borat/Bruno the marks didn't even realize they were being mocked and would often be laughing with Borat/Bruno till the very end sharing their bizzare or distasteful worldviews.

now its just like "hey two guys kissing in the South"

eo000

Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 19, 2009, 11:20:42 AM
I don't wanna be "that guy" but I've watched Ali G and his characters since the 90s when my friend brought a bunch back from England. 

The biggest change is subtley vs. shock laughs.  In early Borat/Bruno the marks didn't even realize they were being mocked and would often be laughing with Borat/Bruno till the very end sharing their bizzare or distasteful worldviews.

while it wasn't the 90's when i started watching the ali g show on hbo, it was well before the borat movie hit. don't you think he's stepping it up a little with the more obvious schtick for the big screen?

did you watch ali g in the house? what a horrible movie.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: eo000 on March 19, 2009, 11:47:00 AM
Quote from: This Bears Repeating on March 19, 2009, 11:20:42 AM

while it wasn't the 90's when i started watching the ali g show on hbo, it was well before the borat movie hit. don't you think he's stepping it up a little with the more obvious schtick for the big screen?

did you watch ali g in the house? what a horrible movie.

eh it had its moments.  like the street race where they made sure to put on their seatbelts

eo000