News:

I went to the general store.  They wouldn't let me buy anything specific.

Main Menu

What should I make for dinner?

Started by swolt, March 13, 2008, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

I have the day off but Sara has to work til late so I was going to cook something, but I can't think of anything good. Ideas?
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

swolt

She really likes Salmon. I might do something with that, although I don't know how to cook Salmon

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

turkey and potatoes and stuffing. it's easy and everyone loves turkey or potatoes or stuffing.

dazie

You can cook salmon just like you cook steak.  Grill it.

Easier done if you have one of those fish basket things.

Infobahn

Go to the store, find a Cedar Plank, and grill the salmon on the plank.  We do it all the time.

Beefy

Wait for her to come home and then tell her there is no dinner because she wasn't home to make it.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Make etoufee. All of you Louisiana people should know how to do that. I think the recipe is to just throw everything you have into a pot and cook it. With a rock or something.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

Bake a cheese soufflé'. It's not really that hard and it tastes wonderful.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

swolt

Quote from: ReBurn on March 13, 2008, 12:15:59 PM
Make etoufee. All of you Louisiana people should know how to do that. I think the recipe is to just throw everything you have into a pot and cook it. With a rock or something.

crawfish isn't in season* yet, and shrimp etoufee just isn't as good.

* the good crawfish isn't in season yet

swolt

I went to Maxwell's Market to get Salmon, and they had just sold out for the day. So I bought some shrimp and pork fillets.
The pork was already seasoned and wrapped in bacon. I wrapped the shrimp in bacon and added lemon juice and garlic salt.
I made creamy garlic mashed potatoes (from scratch, I peeled the potatoes and everything) and cheese broccoli, and had toasted french bread on the side.
For dessert I bought an angel food cake, fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

It is freakin' awesome. My tummy was very happy.

dazie

Send some of that up here.  I'm hungry.

swolt

Quote from: Jessie on March 13, 2008, 11:57:20 AM
Does she have any pets?

Her roommate has a dog, who might have saved my life last night.

The potatoes took longer to boil than I thought they would, so I was rushing to get them done because everything else was ready. So as soon as they were done I dumped them in a bowl and started mixing them. They were still steaming hot. I set the mixer on the counter to add more seasoning and accidentally knocked it on the floor, where it turned on and began to sling really hot mashed potatoes everywhere, include my bare feet. It hurt and burned, and Rainer (the dog) came running up and started to lick the potatoes off my feet.
I hope garlic mashed potatoes are ok for a dog to eat because he got his fill, from my feet and from the floor. He seemed very happy about it.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on March 13, 2008, 11:06:43 AM
Wait for her to come home and then tell her there is no dinner because she wasn't home to make it.

today is steak and BJ day dude. Don't think I didn't remind her after dinner.

Alice

Quote from: swolt on March 14, 2008, 11:01:44 AM
I hope garlic mashed potatoes are ok for a dog to eat because he got his fill, from my feet and from the floor. He seemed very happy about it.

Garlic and onions are poisonous for dogs - garlic powder may be okay, but fresh garlic is really bad for dogs.  In larger amounts it'll cause anemia and toxicity.   :-\

BigDun

Quote from: Alice on March 14, 2008, 11:38:03 AM

Garlic and onions are poisonous for dogs - garlic powder may be okay, but fresh garlic is really bad for dogs.  In larger amounts it'll cause anemia and toxicity.   :-\

From what I have read (I looked this up a while ago), you would either have to force them to eat a huge amount of garlic or feed them two cloves of garlic every day for an extended period for them to get anemia.

Jessie

Quote from: Jessie on March 13, 2008, 11:57:20 AM
Does she have any pets?

Her roommate has a dog, who might have saved my life last night.

The potatoes took longer to boil than I thought they would, so I was rushing to get them done because everything else was ready. So as soon as they were done I dumped them in a bowl and started mixing them. They were still steaming hot. I set the mixer on the counter to add more seasoning and accidentally knocked it on the floor, where it turned on and began to sling really hot mashed potatoes everywhere, include my bare feet. It hurt and burned, and Rainer (the dog) came running up and started to lick the potatoes off my feet.
I was suggesting that you cook the pets, not feed them.

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on March 14, 2008, 11:43:33 AM
Quote from: Alice on March 14, 2008, 11:38:03 AM

From what I have read (I looked this up a while ago), you would either have to force them to eat a huge amount of garlic or feed them two cloves of garlic every day for an extended period for them to get anemia.

Exactly.  Like giving lab rats cancer.

http://www.sojos.com/garlicarticle.html

Alice

Quote from: BigDun on March 14, 2008, 11:43:33 AM

I've read that even a few cloves of garlic at once can do it - depending on the health and size of the dog.

Jessie

Alice

Jessie

I don't have an opinion, that was the first thing I found about it.

I've never heard of garlic being bad for dogs before today.

BigDun

I would imagine that garlic dog farts are reason enough not to let them have any.