News:

I'm just saying it's hypocritical to write "The Last DJ" and then do a Pepsi Budweiser Sobe Depends Claritin Prozac GoDaddy StateFarm Coca-Cola Coors Vitamin Water Attends Allegra Xanax 1-800-Safe-auto RC Cola Miller Gatorade Huggies Robotussin Morphine Halftime Show.

Main Menu

Yerba Mate

Started by JJ, February 13, 2007, 11:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Quote from: Alice on February 14, 2007, 08:49:06 AM
Quote from: Beefy on February 14, 2007, 08:31:09 AM
Quote from: Alice on February 13, 2007, 05:01:02 PM
I'm not missing out.  I can warm up water and throw some dirt in it for free... and it tastes just the same as tea.

You've been drinking the wrong tea.
Everyone always says that, but the tea they give me still tastes like hot water and the forest preserve. 

Was your sense of taste injured in a terrible industrial chemical explosion?

Alice

You put leaves in hot water.  Are you kidding me?  How is it not going to taste like leaves and hot water? 

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on February 14, 2007, 09:38:38 AM
You put leaves in hot water.  Are you kidding me?  How is it not going to taste like leaves and hot water? 
Do you put sugar in it?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on February 14, 2007, 09:44:24 AM
Do you put sugar in it?
I've put sugar, honey, lemon... everything people recommend.  Then it tastes like hot water, leaves and sugar, honey or lemon.

Jessie

Alice

No.  Iced tea tastes like cold water with leaves.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on February 14, 2007, 08:49:06 AM
Quote from: Beefy on February 14, 2007, 08:31:09 AM
Quote from: Alice on February 13, 2007, 05:01:02 PM
I'm not missing out.  I can warm up water and throw some dirt in it for free... and it tastes just the same as tea.

You've been drinking the wrong tea.
Everyone always says that, but the tea they give me still tastes like hot water and the forest preserve. 

Remember what you said about cunnilingus.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on February 14, 2007, 09:55:11 AM
Remember what you said about cunnilingus.
True.  Maybe I'll have my best friend make me some tea then.

JJ

OK opinions are fine and everything, but seriously. Generalizing tea that grossly is a little much!

I think your senses of smell and taste have become paralyzed in some kind of freak chemical spill.

JJ

Quote from: Jessie on February 14, 2007, 09:44:24 AM
Do you put sugar in it?

Good tea made with clean water has enough flavor and natural sweetness (with good oolongs, it kind of tastes a bit like licking a sweet battery) that you don't need to pollute it with sugar or whatever for it to taste totally awesome and refreshing.

Beefy

* Beefy stirs his hot mug of tea with a tiny tree branch

Jessie

To be fair, generalizing coffee as gross is totally acceptable, because it is.  Gross.  Blech.

Alice

Quote from: JJ on February 14, 2007, 10:06:11 AM
OK opinions are fine and everything, but seriously. Generalizing tea that grossly is a little much!
So what you're telling me is that tea has magical powers - and when you put tea leaves into hot water, the taste magically changes into something else besides leaves and water?

I have no issues with people liking tea - my whole family does.  I'm just saying that it tastes like leaves and water.  And that I don't care for that taste... if other people like that taste, good for them.  However, after the many, many kinds of tea I have tried - there is not one that hasn't tasted like leaves and/or flowers and water. 

JJ

I should buy a kilo of my favorite oolong tea when this year's crop comes in, and have the Great Junto Tea Mailing event.

But postage can and would get ridiculous.

Jessie

Sasafrass tea tastes like roots and water.

JJ

Quote from: Alice on February 14, 2007, 10:10:35 AM
Quote from: JJ on February 14, 2007, 10:06:11 AM
So what you're telling me is that tea has magical powers - and when you put tea leaves into hot water, the taste magically changes into something else besides leaves and water?

I have no issues with people liking tea - my whole family does.  I'm just saying that it tastes like leaves and water.  And that I don't care for that taste... if other people like that taste, good for them.  However, after the many, many kinds of tea I have tried - there is not one that hasn't tasted like leaves and/or flowers and water. 

I guess that's the point is for it to have a vegetal, natural taste.

Alice

Quote from: JJ on February 14, 2007, 10:12:20 AM
I guess that's the point is for it to have a vegetal, natural taste.
Probably.  And I don't care for that taste in a beverage.

eo000

* eo000 cancels alice's "salad of the month club" membership gift

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on February 14, 2007, 10:19:44 AM
* eo000 cancels alice's "salad of the month club" membership gift
A salad isn't a beverage.  :P

eo000

still tastes like leaves.

Beefy

I had a substitute teacher in high school who was such a naturalist she told us about how she ate her own afterbirth.

Naturally, she didn't substitute at our school for very long.

Jessie

Beer is gross.

So is afterbirth.

Just guessing on one of those.

Beefy

I can't eat stew because it tastes like stew.

Jessie

I hate stew.  There's actually a negative emotional memory attached to that, though.  Weird, I know.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?