News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Radiohead's new album, In Rainbows

Started by Beefy, September 30, 2007, 07:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

dazie

Has anyone done this?  I'm pondering it.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Gamplayerx

My local radio station did it (they were talking about how they calculated what they decided to pay for it - which they did, even though radio stations usually get music for free) and played some of the songs this morning.  I like the concept, but I'm not really a Radiohead fan.

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on October 12, 2007, 08:42:27 AM
My local radio station did it (they were talking about how they calculated what they decided to pay for it - which they did, even though radio stations usually get music for free) and played some of the songs this morning.  I like the concept, but I'm not really a Radiohead fan.
the 5 or so radio station groups i've worked for all had to pay for music. they wouldn't pay for the whole album, they would get disks, or data with certain genre's singles for the week or month.

eo000

Quote from: eo000 on October 12, 2007, 08:46:40 AM
the 5 or so radio station groups i've worked for all had to pay for music. they wouldn't pay for the whole album, they would get disks, or data with certain genre's singles for the week or month.
oh, and ascap stuff, too.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: eo000 on October 12, 2007, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: eo000 on October 12, 2007, 08:46:40 AM
oh, and ascap stuff, too.
Maybe they were lying and always have to pay - but they said that they usually get their music for free.

Beefy

I tried to get in for free last night but it didn't work.  Several people on TF said they've gotten it to work.

Dry then Catch

im totally going to give them money for this.  this is awesome and they deserve it.  I only really liked 1/2 the tracks on OK Computer though, so i guess that makes me a loser

Bennyhana

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on October 12, 2007, 11:42:26 AM
im totally going to give them money for this.  this is awesome and they deserve it.  I only really liked 1/2 the tracks on OK Computer though, so i guess that makes me a loser

If I've never liked anything I've ever heard by radiohead, what does that make me?

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 12, 2007, 01:21:02 PM

If I've never liked anything I've ever heard by radiohead, what does that make me?
Not a Radiohead fan.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Bennyhana on October 12, 2007, 01:21:02 PM

anti (anti-trendy) trendy

Beefy

Part of me really admires them for eschewing Big Music and doing this, because it sticks it to evil money grubbing suits and also embraces the future of the musical business paradigm.

That said, as evil money grubbing as they may be, Big Music is at least partially responsible for where Radiohead has gotten in their career.  Radiohead may have written Creep and The Bends and OK Computer, but it was Big Music that got it out there to the public and advertised it.

Alice

They're just going to raise the price of concert tickets and merch to make up for it.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on October 12, 2007, 03:02:40 PM
They're just going to raise the price of concert tickets and merch to make up for it.

Very likely, though I don't think it all that significant of an increase.  Doesn't Big Music pull like 90% of the profits from CD sales.  It's an overwhelming majority percentage unless bands are so huge that they can renegotiate.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on October 12, 2007, 03:04:48 PM
Very likely, though I don't think it all that significant of an increase. 

I say this in view of the fact that I already spent over 40 bucks for a ticket the last time they came to town and they still were aligned with Big Music back then.

Alice

I hope it's not.  I'd much rather spend money on a CD, then a crap load on a concert ticket. 

Gamplayerx

Beefy

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beefy on December 31, 2007, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 31, 2007, 10:12:34 AM
Tivo.

1. Don't own one.

2. Those don't work for online broadcasts, do they?
It's both online and on tv.  The Current channel.  Do you have a VCR?

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 31, 2007, 10:16:52 AM
Tivo.

1. Don't own one.

Barely.

No big deal.  I wouldn't want the songs spoiled anyways.  Thank you, though.

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on December 31, 2007, 10:20:05 AM
Tivo.

1. Don't own one.

Barely.

How do you barely have a vcr?  Are you late on your payments on it and it might get repossessed soon?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2007, 10:22:13 AM
Tivo.

1. Don't own one.

Barely.

How do you barely have a vcr?  Are you late on your payments on it and it might get repossessed soon?

It's very old and creaky, like Gamp.

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on December 31, 2007, 10:23:20 AM
Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2007, 10:22:13 AM
Tivo.

1. Don't own one.

Barely.

It's very old and creaky, like Gamp.

Burn![/size]
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt