News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

MS Word > email question

Started by dazie, October 10, 2006, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Hody hody hody.

I write the newsletter for my church in Word and email it (not as an attachment) to the Admin Assist who then sends it on to the congregation.

This week there were to be 2 photos in the newsletter, and when I sent the email, they were there.  When Carol sent it to the general populus, no pics.  HOWEVER- there was a spot for the pics.  No red X or anything, just the empty spot where the photos should be.  This happens every week, usually it's just one image in the newsletter.

Any ideas why it might be doing this?

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

dazie

No- Unitarian church.  We haven't voted on Christ yet.

eo000

exactly why he's fucking with you all.

JJ

Quote from: dazie on October 10, 2006, 11:01:16 AM
Hody hody hody.

I write the newsletter for my church in Word and email it (not as an attachment) to the Admin Assist who then sends it on to the congregation.

This week there were to be 2 photos in the newsletter, and when I sent the email, they were there.  When Carol sent it to the general populus, no pics.  HOWEVER- there was a spot for the pics.  No red X or anything, just the empty spot where the photos should be.  This happens every week, usually it's just one image in the newsletter.

Any ideas why it might be doing this?

Either pdf it or email it, saved, as an attachment.

dazie

ahh JJ- you are assuming that CHANGE can happen...  *lol* 

We used to send out as attachments, and people bitched and moaned.  So we came up with this "in line" manner of doing it, and now the pics don't work.  I'm about to say fukit and tell them to show up if they're so damn interested in what's going on.

Infobahn

You are, in effect, sending out a webpage.  The images have to be hosted somewhere.  If people hate attachements, that's what they would have to be if you sent the e-mail out without hosting the images somewhere.

Host them on imagehost, and then take the URL of the photo, and when you Insert a photo, use the URL instead of looking for the photo on your dirve.

The doc, right now, is looking for the image on your hard drive.

JJ

Well it seems pretty clear that emailing the document isn't working. I don't know of any cause or solution for that, but I've had it happen before. The foolproof way is to send it as an attachment.

Who the hell (no pun intended) is too lazy to open an attachment? Are these mongs you're sending to?

JJ

Quote from: Infobahn on October 10, 2006, 11:24:57 AM
You are, in effect, sending out a webpage.  The images have to be hosted somewhere.  If people hate attachements, that's what they would have to be if you sent the e-mail out without hosting the images somewhere.

Host them on imagehost, and then take the URL of the photo, and when you Insert a photo, use the URL instead of looking for the photo on your dirve.

Or....send attachments.

dazie

ah- got it.  I'll see about doing that.

Quote from: JJ on October 10, 2006, 11:26:01 AM
Well it seems pretty clear that emailing the document isn't working. I don't know of any cause or solution for that, but I've had it happen before. The foolproof way is to send it as an attachment.

Who the hell (no pun intended) is too lazy to open an attachment? Are these mongs you're sending to?

One step away from Luddites.

JJ

I would have absolutely no patience for anyone that's too dull to open an attachment.

JJ

Well, maybe a bit, cause it's a church...but come on.

dazie

Quote from: JJ on October 10, 2006, 11:31:17 AM
I would have absolutely no patience for anyone that's too dull to open an attachment.

Welcome to my world.  I want to beat these people.

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on October 10, 2006, 11:36:17 AM

I see that church is making you more loving and calm.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on October 10, 2006, 11:51:43 AM

I see their inherent worth and dignity.  I understand that there needs to be justice.  Sometimes though, justice needs to be meted out with a big stick.

meredith

Forward me a copy. (of the e-mail, and send a separate message with the word doc you used attached)

It is an HTML e-mail but image tags can point to attachments in the e-mail, no need for hosting.

The problem with attachments is having Acrobat Reader or MS Word on the system, and the variety of interfaces for saving and opening attachments. Why add any more steps than you need?  Newspapers are in a format you can pick up and read -- how many would enjoy receiving a bundle on their doorstep each day, unwrapping it, placing the newscube into the news reading device, and then reading their news?

JJ

Quote from: dazie on October 10, 2006, 11:52:46 AM
Quote from: Jessie on October 10, 2006, 11:51:43 AM

I see their inherent worth and dignity.  I understand that there needs to be justice.  Sometimes though, justice needs to be meted out with a big stick.

Hey, if they are being deliberately, obtusely ignorant, it's ok to be a little indignant about that. There is such thing as a spiritual form of anger, and it is righteous indignance.

Jessie

Burn those bitches at the stake!

dazie

Quote from: hatt on October 10, 2006, 12:03:22 PM
Forward me a copy. (of the e-mail, and send a separate message with the word doc you used attached)

Will do when I get home.  Remind me.  :)

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on October 10, 2006, 01:28:00 PM

Also send him and JJ pics of your boobs.

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on October 10, 2006, 01:29:43 PM

I think Hatt's already seen my boobs.

Alice

Quote from: dazie on October 10, 2006, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: Jessie on October 10, 2006, 01:29:43 PM

I think Hatt's already seen my boobs.
Just GIS "dazie boobs" and everyone can see them!!!

dazie

HAH!

I did that.  Just in case.

"Your search - dazie boobs - did not match any documents."

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dc