News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Stevie Wonder

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2007, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Poor Stevie.  One day off antibiotics and her eye is swelling up again.  I have to pick up round three of the antibiotics today.  I guess she's just going to have to stay on them constantly til she's old enough to have the eye removed.  It's sad, because she does really well as long as she keeps the medicine in her system.  I wish the medicine would just wipe out the infection, already.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

At the very least, this thread keeps putting good music in my head.

Alice

Stevie Wonder is coming to Chicago.  I wish that A) I could afford tickets B) Could find someone to go with me.

Jessie

If you figure out A) I'll be your B)

Alice

Holy crap.  Superstitious just came on the radio.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 09:45:52 AM
Stevie Wonder is coming to Chicago.  I wish that A) I could afford tickets B) Could find someone to go with me.

If you can't find B) then there is something seriously wrong with either your city or your peer group.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on August 15, 2007, 09:48:16 AM
Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 09:45:52 AM

If you can't find B) then there is something seriously wrong with either your city or your peer group.
My peer group.

I know by best friend would go with me in a *heartbeat*, but he's not exactly in IL anymore.

Jessie

I have a free roundtrip Southwest ticket just waiting to be used.

Just sayin'.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on August 15, 2007, 09:52:10 AM
I have a free roundtrip Southwest ticket just waiting to be used.

Just sayin'.

Well if you can figure out how to get us each $70ish for a ticket, come on down.  I could pick you up from the airport on the way to the concert and drop you off the next morning on my way to work in the morning.

Wait, why are you not using that to see Carrooll?

Jessie

They don't fly anywhere near him, or I'd have used it long ago.

You need to win the tickets on the radio or something!

Alice

Well that's lame.  Man, I should have paid you for your ticket when we went to VA. 

Jessie

Yeah.  That would have worked.  Didn't even think about it, though.

Alice

And by 'we', I mean 'me'.  I just felt like being royalty for a minute.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on August 15, 2007, 10:21:41 AM
Well that's lame.  Man, I should have paid you for your ticket when we went to VA. 
You went to VA together?  ;)

Jessie

We just came home from the vet.  Stevie's eye can't wait.  She's having surgery Monday morning.  :(  I guess it's good news, really, because she'll feel a lot better.

The growth on her eye has ruptured through the eyeball or something, which has caused it to be way worse, and it's no longer responding to the antibiotics.  They gave me some anti-inflammatory eye drops that he said they normally wouldn't use on an ulcerated eye, but that hers is so bad that it won't matter.

I hope that this is the end of her suffering.  She's had a rough life to only be 8 or 9 weeks old. 

dazie

Gross.  I hope it works!

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

I guess an eyeball that isn't there can't swell up any more.  I hope she's not too little for the anesthesia :(  I'm worried.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

I dropped her off just a little bit ago.  I almost cried, but held it together.  Poor baby.  I hope she does ok.

Jessie

She made it through surgery.  She's still asleep from the anesthesia, but she's ok.

DownSouth

Is she a cone kitty now?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on August 20, 2007, 12:42:11 PM
She made it through surgery.  She's still asleep from the anesthesia, but she's ok.
Glad to hear it!

Jessie

When I talked to the vet on Friday, he said that she'll feel so much better that she probably won't need a cone or anything.  He said that cats are so uncomfortable that they feel relief, not pain, after this surgery.

Alice

dazie

Excellent.

Get her an eyepatch.  She can be a pirate!
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?