News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

I did some work around the house tonight...

Started by Bennyhana, March 19, 2007, 10:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyhana

Actually, I did a bunch of work at my shop, then I trucked it out to my house and up my winding back staircase.  I'm still amazed we managed to get it in the house.

This was Erica's wedding present.  I built it (though it had no finish) before the wedding (okay, I was still working on it ON the wedding day), then I was going to install it over Christmas break.  We came home from our honeymoon to a letter saying our landlord was selling our place, so it sat in my shop until we moved.  I finally finished it this weekend, and, well, it just seemed physically large enough to start a thread about.  It's a big-assed shelf, and it's sitting in our study.

And, in case you can't tell, the object it's stradling is our futon.

eo000

Gamplayerx

Jessie

That's really pretty!  Could you make one of those for me?  I am desperately in need of a big ass bookshelf!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Bennyhana

Thanks.  If the pictures were clearer, you'd see that there are quite a few flaws that were badly filled with putty, but from a distance, it looks fine.  I think that the best part about it is that the shelves on top aren't held up by screws, they actually run the entire width of the shelf and slot into the two uprights in the middle, so the shelves won't sag. 

And, as I told Erica last night, I'm done building stuff for home for awhile.  The stuff I do for work doesn't need to be anywhere near this nice or last as long as I intend this to last, so it's way easier.