News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Worst tv show concepts that aired.

Started by DownSouth, February 28, 2006, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

That's a tough question, I can only think of shows that I like.

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 28, 2006, 04:00:02 PM

The Brotherhood of Poland New Hampshire was the only network drama show I've ever watched that I couldn't get through more than ten minutes before I had to give up.

ReBurn

Quote from: Listener on February 28, 2006, 04:19:04 PM

The Brotherhood of Poland New Hampshire was the only network drama show I've ever watched that I couldn't get through more than ten minutes before I had to give up.
Was that the one with Randy Quaid and Chris Penn?  I kinda liked that show.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Dry then Catch

I saw this commercial just now on NBC.  Its a show called Heist.  Its about a gang of (get this guys), super robbers.  The leader is a dude, and he has a hot chick, and old guy, a wise cracking guy (I think) and a badass black guy on his team.  They lilke to walk slowly and somewhat stylistically.  I think the chick may have a thing for the leader guy who sort of reminds me of Clive Owen but isn't. 

Here is what makes it doubly awesome.  There is this uptight, success driven girl cop who is chasing them.  She yells at wise cracks at the cops under her.  I'm not sure if there is a big angry black captain she has to answer to.  Now call me crazy, but I think maybe she has also has a secret crush (masked under low key hostility) for the leader of the robbers.  Seriously this is some original programming

Listener

Quote from: ReBurn on February 28, 2006, 10:55:49 PM
Quote from: Listener on February 28, 2006, 04:19:04 PM

Was that the one with Randy Quaid and Chris Penn?  I kinda liked that show.

I think so.  The concept sounded good on paper, but it was unwatchable, at least to me.

Listener

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on March 01, 2006, 03:19:39 AM
I saw this commercial just now on NBC.  Its a show called Heist.  Its about a gang of (get this guys), super robbers.  The leader is a dude, and he has a hot chick, and old guy, a wise cracking guy (I think) and a badass black guy on his team.  They lilke to walk slowly and somewhat stylistically.  I think the chick may have a thing for the leader guy who sort of reminds me of Clive Owen but isn't. 

Here is what makes it doubly awesome.  There is this uptight, success driven girl cop who is chasing them.  She yells at wise cracks at the cops under her.  I'm not sure if there is a big angry black captain she has to answer to.  Now call me crazy, but I think maybe she has also has a secret crush (masked under low key hostility) for the leader of the robbers.  Seriously this is some original programming

Y'know what's funny about that?  I'm writing a TV pilot that sort of sounds like that.  It's about an undercover cop who *surprise* wants to do the right thing and *surprise* has to go against his captain so when he finally stops the bad guys *surprise* he becomes a member of the bad guys so he has to *surprise* live in the criminal underworld and avoid the cops while also avoiding actually hurting anyone.  Oh, and *surprise* he has a wife and a four-year-old son that now he can't see, although *surprise* by the end of the first season, he'll find a way.

Gamplayerx

Is his captain gruff, but with a heart of gold?  Does the kid have a special stuffed bunny that he can talk to when he's missing daddy?

Listener

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 01, 2006, 02:57:17 PM
Is his captain gruff, but with a heart of gold?  Does the kid have a special stuffed bunny that he can talk to when he's missing daddy?

Yes, and I don't know yet because I haven't gotten that far.

cnamon

Does the captain say stuff like "You are a loose cannon, Briggs!  Are you trying to get everyone killed acting like a cowboy?  Give me your badge and your gun.  You're off the case."  Briggs does it, but gets his gun from home, finds the bad guy, and shows the captain up.

If not, you should write that in.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: cnamon on March 01, 2006, 03:09:00 PM
Does the captain say stuff like "You are a loose cannon, Briggs!  Are you trying to get everyone killed acting like a cowboy?  Give me your badge and your gun.  You're off the case."  Briggs does it, but gets his gun from home, finds the bad guy, and shows the captain up.

If not, you should write that in.

The captain has to be just two years from his pension and he doesnt need this shit.