News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Stupid Cliches in Media you hate

Started by Dry then Catch, September 07, 2005, 01:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

I hope this is cathartic for you.  Frankly, I think most of you are nit picky bastards.

Next, I absolultely hate it in real life and in TV, when you use a term with more than two syllables and is slightly technical.

WHAT?  WOW SLOW DOWN THERE EINSTEIN

Example being commercials for "natural" food where people are trying to pronounce the ingredients.  Good gosh, just cause you can't pronounce it doesn't mean its evil.

Jessie

No kidding.  I couldn't pronounce CatchrNdRy for the longest time.  Catchr isn't evil, I'm just stupid.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Listener

I hate when reporters who are out on the scene do their "stand-ups" while walking.  They look so silly, and someday, one of 'em is gonna trip over something, do a faceplant, and they won't be able to finish the report.  And I'll laugh.

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Listener on September 08, 2005, 10:41:19 AM
I hate when reporters who are out on the scene do their "stand-ups" while walking.  They look so silly, and someday, one of 'em is gonna trip over something, do a faceplant, and they won't be able to finish the report.  And I'll laugh.
Ever seen those outtake shows where that actually does happen?  Like "World's Most Stupid News Anchors" or something.  If they would just play the clips I think I'd laugh my head off....but they have to put in that STUPID host with that GODDAMNED CANNED LAUGHTER...that ruins it for me....
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?

Jessie

Quote from: sugar_grrl on September 08, 2005, 11:08:50 AM
Ever seen those outtake shows where that actually does happen?  Like "World's Most Stupid News Anchors" or something.  If they would just play the clips I think I'd laugh my head off....but they have to put in that STUPID host with that GODDAMNED CANNED LAUGHTER...that ruins it for me....

You cuss a lot.  I like that about you.  Now I won't look so unladylike around her.

cnamon

Quote from: Jessie on September 08, 2005, 11:19:21 AM

You cuss a lot.  I like that about you.  Now I won't look so unladylike around her.
I think the strap on gave that away long ago, my dear.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: hattmoward on September 07, 2005, 05:13:18 PM
I hate it when guys get chicks in the sack too easily.  They should have to beg for ass just like the rest of us!!!

or is that just me?

Find the right guy, and he can take you to the sack then.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

sugar_grrl

Quote from: Jessie on September 08, 2005, 11:19:21 AM

Fan-fuckin-tastic (I hid that cuss word in another word....shhhh)
Have you ever seen a llama kiss a llama on the llama?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on September 08, 2005, 10:05:32 AM
No kidding.  I couldn't pronounce CatchrNdRy for the longest time.  Catchr isn't evil, I'm just stupid.

well duh. 

BUT YOU SURE DIDNT HAVE TROUBLE SCREAMING IT IN BED THE OTHER NIGHT

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 08, 2005, 11:58:02 AM

well duh. 

CATCHRNDRY, UNTIE ME IM CALLING THE FUCKING COPS!!!

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on September 08, 2005, 12:03:56 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 08, 2005, 11:58:02 AM

well duh. 

CATCHRNDRY, UNTIE ME IM CALLING THE FUCKING COPS!!!

well you're a free woman aren't you.

p.s. sorry about that.  i was nervous.  but give me another chance i'm all man and i can prove it. 

Beefy

THE FUCKING COPS!!!

Was he that bad?  Was the old stereotype about Asians really true?

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on September 08, 2005, 12:13:04 PM
THE FUCKING COPS!!!

Yes.  I had to call the cops because he wrecked his car.  Again.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beefy on September 08, 2005, 12:13:04 PM
THE FUCKING COPS!!!

let's just say old Drew here (uh not DC) has gotten plenty of action and the ladies have been none the wiser. 

Dry then Catch

If there is another show about a fat doofus married to a hot yet sassy wife, thats "edgy" i'm going to hurl

ignom

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 08, 2005, 04:34:02 PM
If there is another show about a fat doofus married to a hot yet sassy wife, thats "edgy" i'm going to hurl

That better not be a diss against King of Queens.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ignom

Does Shepard Smith count as a cliche?

dazie

Quote from: ignom on September 08, 2005, 05:11:06 PM

I think he means the other one.  With the chubby dork married to the whorey hawtie.  You know.  That other one.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Quote from: dazie on September 08, 2005, 07:39:47 PM

I think he means the other one.  With the chubby dork married to the whorey hawtie.  You know.  That other one.

The King of Queens?

Dry then Catch

yeah its better when there is a Scientologist involved.

it also really bothers me when a character wants to go see a movie and they make up a fake movie or fake semi-similiar sounding commercial product they want to buy.  I think Seinfeld is quite guilty of this. 

ignom

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on September 09, 2005, 12:37:17 PM
yeah its better when there is a Scientologist involved.

it also really bothers me when a character wants to go see a movie and they make up a fake movie or fake semi-similiar sounding commercial product they want to buy.  I think Seinfeld is quite guilty of this. 

Rochelle Rochelle?

A young girl's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on September 09, 2005, 06:53:26 AM

The King of Queens?

Yeah, that one, but there's another one.  Grounded for Life is one, but I kinda like it.  What's the one with the guy from Full Monty and the brunette fiancee from Twister?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Quote from: dazie on September 09, 2005, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: Beefy on September 09, 2005, 06:53:26 AM

The King of Queens?

Yeah, that one, but there's another one.  Grounded for Life is one, but I kinda like it.  What's the one with the guy from Full Monty and the brunette fiancee from Twister?
Still Standing.
Also:
According to Jim
Grounded for Life
Did we mention King of Queens?

ignom

Is Grounded for Life still on somewhere?

And Still Standing = http://tinypic.com/dnknsh.jpg

Jessie