News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Chingoo / Friend

Started by Bishamonten, May 09, 2005, 12:42:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

One of the great things about Netflix is their incredibly dense selection.  I sat and watched Chingoo( Korean for 'friend' ) tonight, the story of four friends, each from diverse backgrounds and each following a differing path.  While not very well known in the states, the film was Korea's highest grossing film and is popular throughout asia.  Surprisingly, the sleeve calls it 'modern twist on Sergio Leone's Once Upon a Time in America', when the film is actually the story of director  Kwak Kyung-Taek's friendships and youth.  Everyone involved in the film puts out a great performance.  Both Oh-seong Yu and Jang Dong-kun give great performances as two of the four friends and the main stars of the film.  Each often saying more with body language and facial expressions than with words.  If you can track it down, or if you have netflix, give it a viewing. 

meredith

I need to sign up for Netflix.

Beefy

I have Super Size Me and The Dreamers in from Netflix right now.