News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Bette Midler

Started by dazie, July 04, 2005, 08:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

Just found my Bette Midler "Bath House Betty" disk in the garage.  I haven't listened to it in over 3 years.

Um.  It's kind of gay?

Some songs are good, but for a lot of them, if I close my eyes, all I can see is "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" or "Birdcage"
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

dazie

Let me explain- I really dig Bette Midler, and I know her history- I'd just forgotten how silly this disk is.

Number 6

kind of gay?

fuck i should show you this flick before you leave....it brings being gay, the catholic church and pedophilia into a whole new light

nishi

of course it's gay. how many straight people have you ever heard discussing going to the bath houses in the late 70s and early 80s? i thought it was supposed to be a tribute album to the gay community that first supported her?

besides. she predates priscilla and birdcage. she even predates la cage aux folles.

that doesn't mean it's not silly, though.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

dazie

Quote from: Number 6 on July 04, 2005, 09:16:42 PM
kind of gay?

fuck i should show you this flick before you leave....it brings being gay, the catholic church and pedophilia into a whole new light

We'll be up there tomorrow night- maybe then.  :)

Infobahn

Frequent bath houses, did ya?

ReBurn

The report read, "Detective Kenner killed a naked man in a bath house."
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!