News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

GIMP

Started by cnamon, September 27, 2006, 10:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I am too poor to afford Photoshop...so I guess I will attempt to use the GIMP for my post processing needs.

Can anyone offer tips and cool stuff?

Gamplayerx

Hatt's good at it.  I never could get the hang of it.

dazie

It's similar to Photoshop, but different enough to drive me insane. 

I 2nd Gamp's Hatt recommendation.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Listener

Quote from: dazie on September 27, 2006, 10:33:05 AM
It's similar to Photoshop, but different enough to drive me insane. 

I 2nd Gamp's Hatt recommendation.

Third'd.  Out of the goodness of his heart, Hatt made me a Script-Fu to do exactly what I needed GIMP to do.

I found GIMP difficult and cumbersome compared to PS, but I guess if you use it enough you can get used to it.

My friend John recommends PaintShopPro.  I've never used it, but I know it's substantially cheaper than PS.

You may also be able to get a copy of PS or a license to it through educational means, or if your work has a license maybe you can get your hands on one (or give IT $50 or however much the license costs).

Jessie

PaintShop Pro is so easy that even I can use it.  PS just confuses the hell out of me, but PSP, I can do stuff with (not well, but still).
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

PSP is great if you dont require alot of tweaking with your photos or if you dont plan do manipulate them.  I've got PSP7 and i love it.   The most i do is brightening, sharpening, contrast, occational simple color adjustment, resizing, rare item removal, and printing. 

want a copy of it?

PS is geared more towards heavy professional users or those who like to waste good money so they can say " I got tte best"
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

cnamon

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on September 27, 2006, 11:25:28 AM
PSP is great if you dont require alot of tweaking with your photos or if you dont plan do manipulate them.  I've got PSP7 and i love it.   The most i do is brightening, sharpening, contrast, occational simple color adjustment, resizing, rare item removal, and printing. 

want a copy of it?

PS is geared more towards heavy professional users or those who like to waste good money so they can say " I got tte best"
I would LOVE a copy of PSP.  Item removal and facial touch-ups are the main reason I need it.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Dottie Lou on September 27, 2006, 11:34:45 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on September 27, 2006, 11:25:28 AM

want a copy of it?

I would LOVE a copy of PSP.  Item removal and facial touch-ups are the main reason I need it.

PS woudl be best for those two things, but I never found PS to be worth its learning curve or technicality.

Sent me a gmail :  mrubiquity@gmail.com  to remind me and ill see what i can do for u.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

cnamon

I gave up on GIMP.  It made my head hurt.